General TV/Movie News & Announcements

Just seen the trailer for Wakanda Forever, really liked Black Panther so looking forward to seeing the sequel. And Guardians films are always good fun.

Well the series is still fun, though personally I adore the "trilogy of series" as I call it way more (Next generation/Deep Space Nine/Voyager). Everyone has different oppinions about Star Trek shows though.
Don't worry I will still watch the TV episode because it is really good, I have already watched about half I think

However, I would rather watch the movie because it's a movie and is easier to watch than a load of TV episodes, especially when it is older stuff

I am currently on the end of season 2 of TNG. It's hard for me to wach stuff like this in large quantities as my viewing habits are very much based on the modern era, but I will get through it (and all of star trek) eventually I have no doubt about that.

Movie projects get cancelled all the time. For every hundred projects that are announced, maybe a handful actually make it into production, so cancellations at the development stage are barely worth commenting on. For a few years Joss Whedon was attached to direct a Batgirl movie, but it was cancelled, unsurprisingly. Now another Batgirl movie has been cancelled. The bizarre thing about this one? It has already been shot and was in post-production! Weird flex, Warner Bros.

Movie projects get cancelled all the time. For every hundred projects that are announced, maybe a handful actually make it into production, so cancellations at the development stage are barely worth commenting on. For a few years Joss Whedon was attached to direct a Batgirl movie, but it was cancelled, unsurprisingly. Now another Batgirl movie has been cancelled. The bizarre thing about this one? It has already been shot and was in post-production! Weird flex, Warner Bros.

It's gone the way of the Snyder cut. Well before fan feedback got them to release it anyway.

From a business standpoint I can see why they cancelled it but from an optics standpoint and the fact its only going to saved them a reported $20million it is confusing.

Obviously it could really be that bad and they might need to spend another $50million just to get it in a releaseable state.

But with so much uproar surrounding it I'd say its highly likely a screener will get 'accidentally' leaked at some point 😉

It's not Japanese animation but Hungarian, but I hope we can all appreciate...

The team that restored Belladonna of Sadness have annouced their latest animation restoration project and it is Marcell Jankovics' mind-bending and mindblowing psychedelic masterpiece Son of the White Mare. The restoration will premiere at the Fantasia Film Festival in Montreal next week.

Stills of the restoration can be seen here and you can see an unrestored trailer below

A long stretch to bring back an old quote but it seems Eureka Entertainment will be releasing Son of the White Mare.

I already have the US release from Arbelos Films but may double dip to support this release, do we know if Janos Vitez is included as well? :)

We don't yet, the official announcement will come on Friday I think. I have the Arbelos release too so I'll be very surprised if Eureka add anything to make me double dip but this is good news for Region B-locked collectors.

Poor guy, 49 is young yeah, RIP :( <3 I grew up watching Power Rangers I still remember the cover of a comic of it I got that seemed so amazingly cool to little kid me 😭 I hope his loved ones are holding up ok and my heart goes out to them :( <3

Babylon 5 is coming to Blu-ray, using the most recent HD master used on iTunes, HBO-Max and the like. Initial placeholder on Amazon suggests a Dec 5th release date.

Creator J. Michael Straczynski has a Twitter thread on the subject.

That's great news...but typical timing. I just bought all five seasons of the digital HD version a couple of weeks ago, which I imagine was WB's plan when they left a gap between announcing the new movie and this set.

I'll get the blu-rays, of course. Hopefully they will look better than the streaming version, which is very soft considering it's based on a 4K scan of the original negatives. It will be good to finally retire the old DVDs.

The lack of involvement from JMS is a little troubling (and probably explains why the titular space station isn't on the cover). I guess that means no new interviews or documentaries. I wonder if they will port over the old DVD special features.

Also curious to see if they include the old movies, since those haven't had an HD release digitally yet.

The lack of involvement from JMS is a little troubling (and probably explains why the titular space station isn't on the cover). I guess that means no new interviews or documentaries. I wonder if they will port over the old DVD special features.

Also curious to see if they include the old movies, since those haven't had an HD release digitally yet.

The set will include the five seasons, and The Gathering, but nothing else. Also it will probably be the TNT edit of The Gathering, so I'm holding onto the old DVD for the Copeland score. Straczynzki tweeted that there won't be commentaries with the release, although whether he means the DVD commentaries, or the new retrospective ones he's recording for his podcast/Patreons I don't know.

Babylon 5 is coming to Blu-ray, using the most recent HD master used on iTunes, HBO-Max and the like. Initial placeholder on Amazon suggests a Dec 5th release date.

Creator J. Michael Straczynski has a Twitter thread on the subject.

Now up for pre-order at Amazon for a Dec 4th release date. £70

Back