General Politics Thread

So in these trying times MPs have voted for an extra £31m to protect vulnerable… MPs.

Does the thought ever occur to them that maybe, just maybe, the reason they increasingly require such protection from harm is because they increasingly behave in ways that make people want to harm them? I’m guessing probably not. Maybe if instead of giving them more protection we removed it all they’d feel a bit less inclined to do so. I don’t imagine that sword would have bothered Damocles so much if there’d been 3 inches of bulletproof glass between it and his head.

Last edited:
Edition of Friday the 1st of March, 2024, in which Rishi feels the need to make an impromptu speech warning of the impending destruction of polite society and democracy, race wars in our streets, murdered politicians and ten thousand peoploids split into small tribes, coveting the highest of the sterile skyscrapers like packs of dogs assaulting the glass fronts of Love-Me Avenue. Ripping and re-wrapping mink and shiny silver fox, now leg-warmers, family badge of sapphire and cracked emerald. Any day now, the year of the Diamond Dogs. This ain't rock and roll! This is genocide!

the_violence_has_escalated.jpg

I don't think times are getting nearly as exciting as our dear leader says they are, but one can hope.

Last edited:
Back