Gantz manga licensed by Dark Horse!!!!

Yeah this is a cool manga license, i've wanted to read the Gantz manga for a while now :p although Dark Horse manga is quite hard to find in shops in the UK :(

Sakimori said:
Yeah this is a cool manga license, i've wanted to read the Gantz manga for a while now :p although Dark Horse manga is quite hard to find in shops in the UK :(
My local Waterstones seem happy to stock Dark Horse Manga (Hellsing and Lady Snowblood at least). They seem to have teamed up with Titan over here so hopefully it'll get a release.

Failing that it'll have to be an internet purchase! Really looking forward ot this and I hope the gap between volumes isn't too long. :D

YAHOO!!! :D :D :D :!: :!: :!: Bout bloody time. Only hope they have a decent release schedule. I mean in japan its up to chapter 21 + already. If they do one a month it'll be years before we catch up.

I heard about the moment it was announced, however... everyone's pissed @ Summer 2008 release, I've waited two years for this, and I can wait a little longer. [Not like it's gonna be hard to translate, there isn't much dialogue to it.]

this seems to be a sudden suprise, since with the amount of violence and sex in it. i just hope we don't have the whole 'cmx/Tenjho Tenge' fiasco again.
(TT is one my fave manga also -_- )
still great news on Gantz

AnimeonDVD.com just had an interview with Michael Gombos, Director of Asian Licensing at Dark Horse Comics regarding their recent new titles they have licensed and such.
and whilst i was reading the interview i have just found confirmation that the GANTZ manga will not be censored. (just like all their other mature Manga's which were not censored)

here is the quote:

Michael Gombos said:
First off, GANTZ will not be censored; if you have read Berserk or MPD-PSYCHO, or any other title that has been picked up in the last five years, I am sure that you will realize this is our policy. MPD-PSYCHO also features a cavalcade of both sex and violence (and often both at the same time—mutilated nude corpses, etc.), and I personally think that GANTZ isn’t as rough as MPD-PSYCHO by a longshot.

looks like i may just pick this up!
(however i still wish that an uncut version of Tenjho Tenge would be released sometime)

Ninja Boy! said:
looks like i may just pick this up!
(however i still wish that an uncut version of Tenjho Tenge would be released sometime)
Well, with Dark Horse doing it, it was pretty sure that it wouldn't be edited - the violence is part of the appeal of the series after all. And from what I've heard, MPD-Psycho is certainly a lot more "rough" than Gantz anyway.

In fact, isn't Narutaru (Shadow Star) the only title that Dark Horse have ever censored? IIRC Tenjho Tenge was done by CMX.

Ushio said:
Ninja Boy! said:
please CMX, just friggin release an uncut one already.
I heard that from volume 15 Tenjho Tenge will be 'M' rated which implies it'll be uncut:
http://www.eyeonanimeforum.s2.bizhat.co ... ic473.html

No one will know for sure until it's out though...

pretty good find you got there,
however it is from volume 15, and also they say "not be edited as heavily as before," which still implies that edits will still be made.
its a good start i guess, however they could just easily have just start over at volume 1 and release uncut versions after they catch up to the latest volume in japan. (i say this because in the Past CMX, seemd to have given many the impression that they will try and do this)

This will keep my mate happy as he liked the anime but said he had heard the manga was so much better. Great to hear that it is Dark Horse doing it the other manga I have picked up from them have all been pretty well done and the don't shy away from adult themes

Don't expect much from the anime, the manga is where it's at. The Gantz anime is ok to watch, but it really is a terrible adaptation. :C

Thursday Gantz volume 1 is out, I have waited long enough since the Summer announcement, can't wait, I'm definately buying it.

Back