1. Welcome to the new Anime UK News forums! Please view this thread for more information regarding your account and the forums. If you can't log in, your password has been blanked and will need to be reset.
    Dismiss Notice

UK Anime Distributor Funimation UK Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Anime Industry Discussion' started by NormanicGrav, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Lord Bacchus

Lord Bacchus Dandy Guy, in Space

You're not the only one completely gobsmacked by that train of logic. If it says 18 on the packaging then that means the kids wouldn't be able to buy it themselves anyway. At some point it should become the parents' responsibility, not be taken out on the consumer.

I imported the US version of Paranoia Agent for that exact reason. Messing with Satoshi Kon's vision should be classified as a crime. :D

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    st_owly, Strat, HWR and 2 others like this.
  2. Neil.T

Neil.T Great Teacher

Is there any way you can "Super Like" a post on this forum? :D

3. Watanabe Ken

Watanabe Ken Student Council President

4. Lambadelta

Lambadelta Hunter

5. Gemsy-chan

Gemsy-chan Dragon Knight

Until we get more facts we shouldn't jump to conclusions. Don't forget that Universal released both Seraph of the End and Arslan in the U.K. while that was released by Funi in the US. It could be the same thing where Universal happens to have the UK distribution rights?

6. Buzz201

Buzz201 Cardcaptor

In those instances, Funimation didn't hold UK rights, Universal acquired the show directly from the Japanese licencor (NBCUniversal Entertainment Japan) themselves. For My Hero Academia, it has been confirmed Funimation acquired UK from Toho Animation and is responsible for sub-licencing the show, seemingly to Universal.

7. Gemsy-chan

Gemsy-chan Dragon Knight

Either way I hope we get a nice collectors edition.

8. Buzzkillington

Buzzkillington Stand User

I really hope we get a nice CE of MHA (preferably a side loading box.....), I really couldn't care less who is releasing it tbh as long as it's a nice product.

Gemsy-chan likes this.
  9. Watanabe Ken

I personally see it as a good thing anime limited where taking on way more than they could handle. Hopefully Universal being a big company will have more assets that will help them get products out quicker and with less defects and with more bang for your buck.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
    Jaysgba likes this.
  10. IncendiaryLemon

IncendiaryLemon Captain Karen AUKN Staff

Honestly, I don't see this as a permanent switch over to Universal, AL have only been partnered with Funimation a year, maybe less.

11. Watanabe Ken

Funimation isn't exactly known for there loyalty to there partners, first they dropped MVM for manga then manga for Anime Limited but who knows it's only speculation at this point will have to wait and see. Someone should ask Jerome he always says he's got contact's in funimation who tell him things.

12. Just Passing Through

Just Passing Through Guild Member

You forgot three years at Revelation between MVM and Manga. They are like a cat in heat when it comes to partners. If Universal is next, that's it. They'll have run out of partners

Watanabe Ken likes this.
  13. Shiroi Hane

Shiroi Hane Dragon Knight

He's already tweeted about it, see for example his replies in this thread: mattcgw on Twitter

14. NormanicGrav

NormanicGrav Hai Hai Grav desu Moderator

OVERLORD Collector's Edition is now available for pre-order on Amazon UK.

Amazon lists 9 artcards instead of 11 however.

Here's what the US set looks like:
    [​IMG]

crashmatt likes this.
  15. crashmatt

crashmatt Hunter

I wonder if the reduction in art cards is due to then being included in the box.

16. Jon O Fun

Jon O Fun School Idol

I'm sure with Persona 5 dropping not a lot of people will have noticed the Funi now app is now available on the ps4 ;)

17. Lord Bacchus

I'd already used a US account to download it, so I didn't notice. :D It's still a buggy mess as far as I can tell though. Buffer issues on every video, random crashes, badly timed CC subs etc. Crunchyroll got that stuff down, maybe they should share some tips with them. :D

Jon O Fun likes this.
  18. DragonBlaze67

DragonBlaze67 Stand User

After you said it was on PS4 i went and checked, the app is also on PS3 :)

Jon O Fun likes this.
  19. Jon O Fun

Jon O Fun School Idol

I downloaded it through my US account but it'd never load.

20. Lord Bacchus

I downloaded mine a few weeks ago, so perhaps the app was already finalised for UK use by then. It would always do a country check when I turned it on.