FUNimation Streaming of Dragon Ball Z

Genkina Hito

映画男!!!
FUNimation and Toei Animation Announce Online Streaming of DBZ

Flower Mound, Texas – January 3, 2011 — FUNimation® Entertainment and Toei Animation Co., Ltd. have entered into an agreement giving the American anime leader exclusive rights to the U.S. and Canadian online streaming of the studios’ signature animated series “Dragon Ball Z.”

Starting Saturday, January 15th at 7:30 PM CDT preceding the One Piece simulcast at 8:00 PM CDT, FUNimation will stream the series from its beginning via the official Dragon Ball Z website www.dragonballz.com in addition to www.dragonballzkai.com , www.funimation.com and FUNimation partner site www.hulu.com.

FUNimation will offer its professionally-produced, uncut, English-tracked and English-subtitled adaptations of the hugely successful series beginning with the first episode as well as other chapters of the Dragon Ball franchise: Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball GT and Dragon Ball Z Kai.

“We are pleased to offer the first legal streaming of this seminal anime series,” said Gen Fukunaga, president and CEO of FUNimation Entertainment. “Dragon Ball Z and One Piece are the crown jewels of our digital content strategy and we are proud of the diverse selection of series that entertains established fans and new ones as well.”

http://blog.funimation.com/2011/01/drag ... -episodes/

What are the chances that the UK will get in on this chaps?

Stuart-says-yes said:
ilmaestro said:
Is the OP anime even that popular in the States? "Crown jewel" of their "digital content strategy" indeed.

I believe it is, the manga is usually in the US top ten and got massive manga catch up like naruto, and the anime gets something like a bi-monthly release and it even has dubbed OP's and ED's which most funi shows don't get anymore.
Interesting, I'd assumed that the initial 4Kids "effort" would have killed the anime. I figured the manga must have been doing OK, but I'm pretty shocked the DVDs sell well.

This is possibly the most redundant piece of news ever. It's already up in so many places and so many people have either seen it or dismissed it, I have my doubts that there will be all that much interest to be honest.

Back