Fullmetal Alchemist, Darker Than Black sequels in the works?

Ok, we been talking about FMA, but what about DtB? anyone can comment on that? that is a series I've never seen or heard before...

chaos said:
Ok, we been talking about FMA, but what about DtB? anyone can comment on that? that is a series I've never seen or heard before...
It's a spiritual successor to Wolf's Rain of sorts - quite film noir in places with a nice sci-fi premise and angsty hero (Re: my current avatar). Yoko Kanno soundtrack too. Apparently the ending was a bit disappointing for some, which is why I'm looking forward to a sequel - that might solve its only main flaw. *still grumbling at the wait for the DVD*

fullmetal engineer sounds really bad imo it sounds boring, with the boys unable to perform alchemy it would become more of a use guns kinda story and weve already seen ed adapt to a point in the movie, plus the ova show tht they stay in the new world not theirs and ed or al writes the fma manga so it would kinda be like ff7cc a story with an ending already written unless said ova is destroyed

mm, maybe their presence in the other world could have disrupted the the thin balance between them and alchemy becomes useful in the new world.

Their mission is to restore the balance between the two worlds by either disappearing or going back to their world.

That's my 2 p's...

FMA Manga >>>>>> FMA Anime. If they follow the manga, somewhat, then I'll be happy. Still, this'll probably mean the revival of the fan-girls who place FMA over oxygen as a priority. And god knows how many more marathons... still, the Manga version of Greed is bad ass, even more so than the anime.

Must say I was suprised by these rumours (?) as they will be the first series sequels they've made.
Darker than BLACK- Find it odd that they are making another series of this. While the ending was meh it did answer most questions and wrap most things up, even thought they left it open for more. Due to the openness and body count of the ending what they could do is start with entirely new cast and have the old hands coming in as guest characters. Also since the ending showed how contractors and Doll's aren't as emotionless as everyone thought (except me) there is a chance they may change the tone of the show.
FMA- Errh am I the only one who noticed that there were major discrepancies between the end of the series and the end of the series and the movie? The world Ed was transported to was closer to ours, but definitely not ours. It was in the middle of a steam punk war with Zeppelins carpet bombing (a analogy of) London. While my history isn't great I doubt they would have left that out of the history books. The sequel could continue on from the series and completely ignore the movie.
Like Jamye doubt Bones will bugger it up entirely but it will be odd to see if the writers can continue on with what has gone before.

Last edited by a moderator:
mm, the way I see, they claimed that the animators list is fake, not the rumours about FMA or DtB...

I can understand they saying such a thing, as animators / directors could feel offended to be ranked low...

Point is, if the list of animators is fake, then someone has imagined them. How would this person get even more attention? Say that there will be a sequel to FMA. There's no reason to trust this 'document' now.

mm, the way I see, they claimed that the animators list is fake, not the rumours about FMA or DtB...
I can understand they saying such a thing, as animators / directors could feel offended to be ranked low...
Espy said:
While the document is fake, it turns out that the proposed sequels may not be (in the distant future).
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... d-document
Sorry, I just felt like saying I told you so =D

The document had personal details of employees, ranks, possibly even salaries. Such document is a problem to the studio. It could also be some twisted marketing strategy though... :p

mmmmmm..... i guess FMA sequel could work pretty well! documenting what happened after what i hope is that they improve the manga :S
Im more excited about DtB that would be a great sequel :D

I'm actually quite pleased there won't be a new series of FMA. The series ended nicely - and the film, while good, seemed to mark the start of a decline. They should just leave it alone.

I figured another series of Darker than Black might be on the cards, plus it makes far more sense than a FMA continuation. It was a good series but never great and left quite a lot of stuff up in the air.

evangelion rocks said:
That and according to an ova edward elric is 100 years old in our world

Yes, but stuff must have happened during the 85 years that we don't see. Plus, it would be easy to disregard an OVA most FMA fans haven't seen as not being canon.

CitizenGeek said:
evangelion rocks said:

Yes, but stuff must have happened during the 85 years that we don't see. Plus, it would be easy to disregard an OVA most FMA fans haven't seen as not being canon.

Well,that drives a big lance of longinus through my logic!^_^.Your probably right,it would be interesting to see why ed's grandkids look exactly like him,winry and al!

evangelion rocks said:
CitizenGeek said:
evangelion rocks said:

Well,that drives a big lance of longinus through my logic!^_^.Your probably right,it would be interesting to see why ed's grandkids look exactly like him,winry and al!

There's probably someone identical to Winry or Winry found a way through to the parallel world[/sopiler]

Back