Full Metal Alchemist - Soundtrack Advice

This seller seems to be listing a lot of soundtracks rather cheap without listing a publisher for any of them. I suggest sending them a message and asking which studio released this disc. If they don't reply I would treat the discs as boots. If they do reply, you can check the legitimacy of the studio.

Thank you for that advice, I had messaged them as you suggested and 24 hrs later still no reply - shall see if they ever do but probably bootlegs after all.

Otaku-san said:
Dear God :eek: , thats the same bloke I bought my azumanga OST from. thing is can't tell what studio it is cause its all in japanese.

Nothing personal this time, just felt like posting some tips on this in the general theme of this thread.

You can usually see the studio if it's a Japanese disc (rather than Chinese, which often have a mix of Chinese and Japanese text on them) as most of them have English names. Legit CDs (and some fakes) have catalogue numbers, which are a good way to check who made them. For example, a catalogue number starting VICL-xxx is a Victor release (and probably genuine if the cover/disc printing don't look like copies). A catalogue number starting GGG-xxxx is probably a fake as the infamous Son May used codes like that. I don't know the current bootleg labels to give warning.

Sadly cheap CDs are very dodgy unless you have a good picture or can see it in person, I'm terrified of buying them most of the time blind if I notice even a small suspicious thing. Such a shame.

On topic again I have that FMA CD (the authentic version) and it's lovely. If you can go the extra mile and find an authentic copy of the box version it's well worth it.

Rui

Back