Full Metal Alchemist set for March 2005

A

Anonymous

According to a post over at <a href="http://forums.animeondvd.com/showflat.php?Cat=1&Number=688073&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1">AnimeOnDVD</a>, MVM will be releasing the Full Metal Alchemist anime at the same time as the Full Metal Alchemist (play station 2) game-- and Amazon say the game will be released on 5th March 2005, so expect to see the FMA anime appear in the UK around that time too. It is however unlikely that the UK will be getting the limited edition 'box tins' that are planned for FMA's US release.

Full Metal Alchemist is a massive franchise; covering a 52 episode anime TV series, a video game, a theatrical movie and even a popular multi-volume manga story. The FMA anime already has a devoted following in the UK, thanks largely to a successful period on the Internet fansub circuit.

Read more...

Source: Anime UK News
News, views and reviews for the UK anime community

I think this franchise has a lot of money behind it from the likes of Sony. Its good to see they are taking the UK seriously and are approaching us with a decent plan.

Now I just hope the series makes it on TV... It deserves it, but I can't help but feel it is way too violent for a channel like Toonami. The Sci-Fi Channel must be its only possible location right now.

Well, Cartoon Network are screening it in the US, so it might get a showing here. Probably with some hefty edits, but that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make - this series has the potential to draw a lot of new fans in and make people realise there's more to anime than the tabloids claim.

The fact that the game's coming out at the same time should help sales too - especially if there's a "also available on DVD" sticker on the box and in the ads.

I was thinking-- will this be the biggest series (episode-wise) MVM have released yet? If so, they obviously have confidence that the show will sell well, perhaps indicating they have some big plans for the series outside of just releasing it straight to DVD.

I think Sailor Moon might top FMA in terms of episodes, but I couldn't be 100% certain.

If FMA doesn't fly off shelves, I would be very surprised. With a bit of marketing, this could be a real winner; it's one of very few shows that really has everything - deep characters, excellent plot, political intrigue and conspiracies, magic, fights... I can't think of anything else that's got such variety off-hand.

It's a show that could really appeal to everyone on some level, and it really deserves to do well.

Sailor Moon has about 42 episodes doesn’t it?
(And 200 in total for all the series’)

FMA has that special mix of appeal for fans and the mainstream at the same time; so it should do well. Hopefully it will appear on TV in some form.

(I wonder how much FMA cost Tony Allen?) £££

I'm looking forward to seeing FMA over here cause If they do show it on TV, then it might be allmost uncut because its being shown on Adult Swim in the US. Maybe it will be the first anime cartoon to be shown on UK Adult Swim fingers crossed!

Maybe it will be the first anime cartoon to be shown on UK Adult Swim fingers crossed!

As Paul pointed out here, the Adult Swim block in the UK won’t be showing any anime, for the foresee-able future anyway. Which sucks.

Im still sure lots of people will like it regardless of wheather or not it'll be on Tv. Theres alot of anime i'd love to see on Tv but unless I buy a channel myself It aint going to happen :/

I emailed MVM a couple days ago asking if the FUNimation release date slip was going to affect the UK release, and got the response that it wouldn't.

However, Tony said that they were told to wait until after the game release, and that it would be out in May. Either that was a typo, of Tony knows something about the game release (still listed as March 5th on Amazon) that we don't.

Back