Fruits basket

Lupus Inu said:
"3/5 - It's not as good as Naruto." - Neo Magazine.

That's like comparing a children's anime to a Hentai movie.

As for the Fruit Basket Anime, I honestly like it. The characters are all lovable, especially Momiji and Kyo imo ^_^ And even if I didn't like the Dub, it's still well-done imo (The voices of the two boys didn't match up as I hoped)

But I prefer the Manga... But the anime adaption is good nethertheless.

mmm...it's good, but the end it's completely different from the one in the manga.... no, actually the anime is interrupted in the middle and the manga go ahead.

However, it's a nice anime and I like very much Kyo :D

Julia81 said:
mmm...it's good, but the end it's completely different from the one in the manga.... no, actually the anime is interrupted in the middle and the manga go ahead.

Still, the anime does have a nice and satisfying ending.

However, it's a nice anime and I like very much Kyo

Ditto; Kyo was awesome :]

Seen the anime and read the manga a bit past vol 19, have to finish this series, but it's very fun at the beggining and does takes a few twists and get a bit darker, but keeping a good high standard, IMO.

Was a while since i saw it but i thought it was average at best.

Kind of repetetive, I remember thinking they used the same jokes over and over until i was finally bored with them

Saw it recently. Not bad overall, the first few episodes were very good, but the rest and particularly the end were not all that great in my opinion...

megagold5 said:
Saw it recently. Not bad overall, the first few episodes were very good, but the rest and particularly the end were not all that great in my opinion...
from the middle to the end of the anime series it gets darker, maybe that's the reason you didn't like that much.

You really won't loose anything trying it out, it's really worth it.
Totally heart warming comedy with some drama mixed in.
I usually found myself smiling when the OP came on and later realised I'd smiled through the whole episode. French version OP :).
The anime was made when it was still on-going (covers about 7-8 volumes). There are some differences between the manga and anime ofcourse, but the over all feeling of the early volumes is kept pretty intact, and I thought it has a fairly satisfactory ending to the show all the same.
The English dub is supposed to be pretty good too.

chaos said:
megagold5 said:
from the middle to the end of the anime series it gets darker, maybe that's the reason you didn't like that much.

Yeah, I was sitting through waiting for the funny, but it never really came after about ep 6 or 7, which made me sad:(

megagold5 said:
chaos said:
megagold5 said:

Yeah, I was sitting through waiting for the funny, but it never really came after about ep 6 or 7, which made me sad:(

Maybe it's been too long since I saw it, as I mostly remember the funnies. Must be the workings of selective memory :D
Maybe one could rec vol 1 for people who like cute comedy and the whole set for ones that can tolarate it getting murkier as it continues.

I started with the anime, but I'd have to say that the manga is a better deal. As nice as the animation is in pastel shades, it never moves very much, which is kind of the point of why you'd want to watch it over reading it.

I've only ever watched a few episodes and it didn't grab me. I've read about 10 of the manga and got bored with that too >.<

I might give it another go sometime...when Im bored

Back