French editions to be published

Exactly in France, the sapphire edition, are simple editions to 12.95 euros on Anime-store ! We complained a lot, because these edition are very cheap, except the outer packaging. Since we have huge A4 edition x)
Wait, you French folks complained about having the Saphir Edition, because it was too cheap?
(Because you prefer those A4 thingies? Really? oo)
I hope it's just me misunderstanding, but if it's not, I must wonder about French shelf storage ergonomics. *cough*

For now I do not recommend the French edition of blu-ray Boruto, because it has Pal-speed up :- /
I don't really care about the DVD, but how is the quality of the BD?
I kind of would like to have Boruto on BD, it's got some real good Sakuga (especially episode 65) and even Japan just has a DVD release. =/
But Boruto doesn't show up in Anime-store, despite being a new release, so I was wondering, if it's because it's some store-exlusive of Kana or something.

lol, we complain that the sapphire and gold editions have devalued the fair price of Japanese animation. What makes today when all the anime or Kazé comes out a collector box with 13 episodes to 64.99, it complains that they are thieves etc ... xDDD

In France the A4 edition some adore other hates ;-) Must have room to put them away, which is however not bad with the A4 edition are the A4 artbook ;-).

I was talking about blu-ray Boruto, that there is pal speed up in the BLURAY! What is shocking!
The edition is not an exclusive, Kana, but is not sold on Anime-store but available everywhere on Fnac, Amazon, Cultura etc ...

you can listen to the problem of the op here : it's light, but unacceptable for a blu-ray version

But with Kana must expect everything, the worst as with the TV version on blu-ray xDDD or the best as cheap edition (40 euros) for the full two seasons of Tales of Zestiria the X

Yeah why are they speeding up BDs?
Well: Maybe the wanted to use the same version for BD and TV?
There are several small paytv channels in France that focus on Anime, and these need 25fps-versions.

A small note:
Several french releases include dutch subtitles - but english other languages are very rare.

Maybe the dub was done for PAL TV broadcast?

it's highly likely, but why for Boruto, while their other titles do not have problem Pal speed up in Blu-ray ... I would say a negligence more at Kana, it's not the first once they are careless

Well: Maybe the wanted to use the same version for BD and TV?
There are several small paytv channels in France that focus on Anime, and these need 25fps-versions.

A small note:
Several french releases include dutch subtitles - but english other languages are very rare.

Yes, but the Dutch subtitles are mostly for big series like Naruto or OP, and still sometimes they are not there x)

lol, we complain that the sapphire and gold editions have devalued the fair price of Japanese animation. What makes today when all the anime or Kazé comes out a collector box with 13 episodes to 64.99, it complains that they are thieves etc ... xDDD
Though Kaze themselves dumped a whole lot for cheap before Saphir even came to be... But yeah, it was a lot of value you got for the price even when it was still 25.99 or so back then. I just really like their compact packaging as opposed to....

In France the A4 edition some adore other hates ;-) Must have room to put them away, which is however not bad with the A4 edition are the A4 artbook ;-).
Some actually like them? oo
Are all of those version actually accurately A4? Some seem to have something close to it, but not quite exactly judging from unboxing images.

I was talking about blu-ray Boruto, that there is pal speed up in the BLURAY! What is shocking!
The edition is not an exclusive, Kana, but is not sold on Anime-store but available everywhere on Fnac, Amazon, Cultura etc ...
.... Good thing Anime store doesn't have it then, or I may have added it to my cart unwittingly. =/
Did they do that for the movie, too? I have the French edition, which I mainly got for the packaging extras, but when I actually watched the BD something felt a bit off. (I always though more like that it didn't seem to look as crisp as my other BDs on 1080p, but then thought, perhaps it was just produced like that by Pierrot in the first place.)
OK, France is out, let's see, what KSM in Germany does or when the English territory releases do about it. =X

lhox5.jpeg

I thought it has been out long since, but if they're making an extra newsletter for it now, I guess not?

I think I like AL's CE's packaging quite a deal better though. (And what's this VF! sticker on the standard...)

I thought it has been out long since, but if they're making an extra newsletter for it now, I guess not?

I think I like AL's CE's packaging quite a deal better though. (And what's this VF! sticker on the standard...)

Yes it was released yesterday, the sticker is on the blister, it is not stuck on the box. He is present on the collector and standard version.

it is true that this edition took a long time to release, Kazé has been doing a phone call campaign this summer to improve its box. As a result it has postponed all their planning and in addition to that, the film was released late in the cinema, so even more late ...

but the box is made of rigid cardboard, they have removed the blu-ray blue strip on the artwork. even standard DVDs have a sheath. The booklet is nice, no more but efforts are there, and it's commendable for 35 euros / 27 euros the collector's edition is affordable.

I did not understand, what do you say for the newsletter? They communicated a lot and sent mail to their client! And the edition is certainly better than kaze Deutschland.

Though Kaze themselves dumped a whole lot for cheap before Saphir even came to be... But yeah, it was a lot of value you got for the price even when it was still 25.99 or so back then. I just really like their compact packaging as opposed to....

yes I understand, their small size makes them easy to store , but in France, the blue stripes disturb xD

Some actually like them? oo
Are all of those version actually accurately A4? Some seem to have something close to it, but not quite exactly judging from unboxing images.

Yes Yes ! They have their supporters the A4 box! Very requested but also decried x) (it is normal it is France, must complain is fashion) xDD

.... Good thing Anime store doesn't have it then, or I may have added it to my cart unwittingly. =/
Did they do that for the movie, too? I have the French edition, which I mainly got for the packaging extras, but when I actually watched the BD something felt a bit off. (I always though more like that it didn't seem to look as crisp as my other BDs on 1080p, but then thought, perhaps it was just produced like that by Pierrot in the first place.)
OK, France is out, let's see, what KSM in Germany does or when the English territory releases do about it. =X

Oddly Anime-store does not have it yet, surely a history of partnership :-/

Normally no worries for the movie, there was no particular problem.
Usually, there is no particular problem for image quality apart from colorbanding with Kana edition :-/

Kana does with the master they receive :-/ I do not have this box, because naruto does not interest me much, but I will try to find out more informations about this release ...

I did not understand, what do you say for the newsletter?
I meant I thought it was long out (given that amazon de and fr kept plastering me with recommendations of ASV with a Kaze logo, but guess it was all the german edition), but if they are doing an extra release newsletter for it, it's probably not.
Seemed to have missed all this stuff about the phone call though. That's also an interesting way to get some backing, I guess.

It's a rigid box? (Is the laurel printed on it? oo)

Kind of interested into peeking into the dub. Wonder if anybody would want to trade their combo's DVD with my UK AL's combo DVD.

yes I understand, their small size makes them easy to store , but in France, the blue stripes disturb xD
At least they are clear cut and not with some weird designs (as the Germans tend to be).
The only thing about the blue stripes that I though was a bit of a pity was that on the upper side it's just blue, no title, if you look at it from top. (Which happens when you store things in staple boxes.)

Yes Yes ! They have their supporters the A4 box! Very requested but also decried x) (it is normal it is France, must complain is fashion) xDD
Guess it must have a reason, they are still doing those unergonomic shapes. x.x"

Oddly Anime-store does not have it yet, surely a history of partnership :-/
They had issues with Kana? oo

Hm, ok, no need to double dip on the movie then. (Still find this hole-box very unergonimic, but the guidebook extra is pretty nice.)

Incidentially, do they release Naruto Shippuden on BD only in this huge box? (Only interested in some episodes of the second last season, so don't really need the full show.)

I meant I thought it was long out (given that amazon de and fr kept plastering me with recommendations of ASV with a Kaze logo, but guess it was all the german edition), but if they are doing an extra release newsletter for it, it's probably not.
Seemed to have missed all this stuff about the phone call though. That's also an interesting way to get some backing, I guess.

It's a rigid box? (Is the laurel printed on it? oo)

Kind of interested into peeking into the dub. Wonder if anybody would want to trade their combo's DVD with my UK AL's combo DVD.

At least they are clear cut and not with some weird designs (as the Germans tend to be).
The only thing about the blue stripes that I though was a bit of a pity was that on the upper side it's just blue, no title, if you look at it from top. (Which happens when you store things in staple boxes.)

Guess it must have a reason, they are still doing those unergonomic shapes. x.x"

They had issues with Kana? oo

Hm, ok, no need to double dip on the movie then. (Still find this hole-box very unergonimic, but the guidebook extra is pretty nice.)

Incidentially, do they release Naruto Shippuden on BD only in this huge box? (Only interested in some episodes of the second last season, so don't really need the full show.)

Yup ! It is a rigid box ! and Yup it's printed on it x)

except the design Kazé germany is more active than Kazé france ;-(

In France we appreciate these boxes, there will always be people to don't like them, but the added value is to have the artbook in A4 and that it is top compared to the small booklets which do not serve to nothing. x)

No, there is no particular problem between Kana and Anime-store ;-) some Kana titles are exclusive to anime store, others are not sold on anime-store. These are surely internal contracts? But no problems !

For now, nothing about the form of the case or the distribution, nor the date, we simply know that Naruto Shippuden and Naruto are planned in Blu-ray. And that is for some a remaster of Kana and for some episodes of Naruto shippuden from a moment it is the episodes in native HD ...

Yup ! It is a rigid box ! and Yup it's printed on it x)
.... at least it seems to be a ledig Laurel, nur printed in the rigid box sounds just too weird...

except the design Kazé germany is more active than Kazé france ;-(
It was actually acompletely different company, just got bought up and got the French name plastered on it, to sound bigger, so no surprise in differences in operation.

In France we appreciate these boxes, there will always be people to don't like them, but the added value is to have the artbook in A4 and that it is top compared to the small booklets which do not serve to nothing. x)
I've only seen an unboxing of Steins;Gate about that book. Seems weird shaped to me (sidewards binding, so putting it next to the artbook shelf is will not show it's spine.) but from the pictures it looks like there is quite some content in there. (Especially Key illustration artwork.) Well, should any of them get Hyouka and make a big book that contains all the illustrations (and not makes it a half fraud artbook like the Koreans where they said it's 150p and 100 of them were just screenshots), they will probably change my mind very much about that.
Do all A4 sized look like S;G then?

For now, nothing about the form of the case or the distribution, nor the date, we simply know that Naruto Shippuden and Naruto are planned in Blu-ray. And that is for some a remaster of Kana and for some episodes of Naruto shippuden from a moment it is the episodes in native HD ...
Hm... Well, will keep an eye open than. The volume with those episodes I want costs like 67€ in Germany...

Soon (All The Anime Fr)

- March :

Black Clover part 1/4 Vf et Vostfr (DVD or Bluray)
black clover.png

- Booklet 80 color pages (interview, presentation of characters, etc.)
- 5 color cards
- 1 poster
-BONUS Video:
Little Clover episode 1, 2 and 3.
PACKAGING: Hard case, Digipack, 4 discs

Last edited:
.... at least it seems to be a ledig Laurel, nur printed in the rigid box sounds just too weird...

Yep but, the box in hand, the rendering is not bad at all

It was actually acompletely different company, just got bought up and got the French name plastered on it, to sound bigger, so no surprise in differences in operation.

I did not know at all

I've only seen an unboxing of Steins;Gate about that book. Seems weird shaped to me (sidewards binding, so putting it next to the artbook shelf is will not show it's spine.) but from the pictures it looks like there is quite some content in there. (Especially Key illustration artwork.) Well, should any of them get Hyouka and make a big book that contains all the illustrations (and not makes it a half fraud artbook like the Koreans where they said it's 150p and 100 of them were just screenshots), they will probably change my mind very much about that.
Do all A4 sized look like S;G then?

No, all A4 boxes are not like that of S; G, at least the one I have the version "Labomen", Because in the box that I have there is also a second artbook, for the film. and the Labomen's Pin.

By cons for the other version of IDP (Anime-store), yes they are almost similar, it is especially the thickness that changes. The box Steins Gate sold by Anime-store does not have the pin's and the second artbook ...

Hm... Well, will keep an eye open than. The volume with those episodes I want costs like 67€ in Germany...

Ouch, I just see the prices, and normally, they will be cheaper in France, otherwise it will not sell x)

Yep but, the box in hand, the rendering is not bad at all
Are there already unboxing images out there? I am getting curious somehow.

I did not know at all
Kaze Germany used to be ADV and Karate France used to be Kaze. Then Viz (I think it was) bought both of them up and since Kaze was supposedly the more spread brand name ADV went to be Kaze, too.
So there are connections and they do collaborations, but they are generally independent from each other.

No, all A4 boxes are not like that of S; G, at least the one I have the version "Labomen", Because in the box that I have there is also a second artbook, for the film. and the Labomen's Pin.

By cons for the other version of IDP (Anime-store), yes they are almost similar, it is especially the thickness that changes. The box Steins Gate sold by Anime-store does not have the pin's and the second artbook ...
Oh wait....
The one I had in mind is this:
Which, after some research seems to be the non-Labomen version, as the Labomem version has a digipack not Amarays inside. (Like so: Steins;Gate édition Labomen VF/VO! ) Am I completely off? What's the second artbook book you mean?
The one from those unboxing images seems to have one artbook and one movie booklet.
(Anime store at least lists one 128p artbook, so the series artbook should be there. So the movie booklet is missing? What's in there, would I be missing a lot?)
Do you have any info on how the currently selling version is like? (I'd actually prefer the non-digipack version like the images from the unboxing show, as I want to do some frankensteining.)
Ah dang, I had just wanted to order the box on Sunday. Now I am getting a bit concerned. =X

Though:
Steins Gate L'intégrale de la série TV + Film Coffret Collector Combo DVD + Blu-ray - Blu-ray - Achat & prix | fnac
It says "Inclus un artbook couleur A4 de 128 pages" on top and down the page it also says
"
Contenu du DVD
24 épisodes
L'OAV spécial
Le Film "Steins;Gate "Fuka Ryōiki no Déjà vu"
Artbook couleur A4 de 90 pages sur la série
Coffret de rangement A4"

So still two artbooks?

There is also this old listing:
Steins Gate - Intégrale - Collector - Coffret DVD + Blu-ray - VOSTFR - Dybex - Série TV - 5PB. - Nitroplus - Anime-Store.fr
saying
"- L'OAV spécial
- Le Film "Steins;Gate "Fuka Ryōiki no Déjà vu" 1 DVD + 1 Blu-ray en VOSTFR en Blu-ray et DVD
- Coffret de rangement A4
- Un Artbook couleur A4 de de 90 pages approx. sur la série
- Un Artbook couleur A4 de de 90 pages approx. sur le film"

Whereas the currently available one
Steins Gate - Intégrale (Série TV + Film) - Collector - DVD + Blu-ray - Dybex - Série TV - 5PB. - Nitroplus - Anime-Store.fr
says
"Contenu additionnel
- 1 OAV spécial.
- 1 Artbook de 128 pages.
- Le Film « Steins;Gate: Fuka Ryōiki no Déjà vu » en DVD et Blu-ray en DTS 5.1 VOSTFR/VF."

So the laboment one had two artbooks each 90? And now the normal one has a bigger artbook, but just one?

This is getting mighty confusing now. @_@

Ouch, I just see the prices, and normally, they will be cheaper in France, otherwise it will not sell x)
Well, if the French complete BD doesn't cost all that much more than a single German version I might go for the full box after all... Will see I guess.

Last edited:
Are there already unboxing images out there? I am getting curious somehow.

There is no unboxing yet. BUT like all edition fr Kyoto animation, the compression is poorly managed so there is colorbanding: - / (not like Re: Zero ;-D)

Oh wait....
The one I had in mind is this:
Which, after some research seems to be the non-Labomen version, as the Labomem version has a digipack not Amarays inside. (Like so: Steins;Gate édition Labomen VF/VO! ) Am I completely off? What's the second artbook book you mean?
The one from those unboxing images seems to have one artbook and one movie booklet.
(Anime store at least lists one 128p artbook, so the series artbook should be there. So the movie booklet is missing? What's in there, would I be missing a lot?)
Do you have any info on how the currently selling version is like? (I'd actually prefer the non-digipack version like the images from the unboxing show, as I want to do some frankensteining.)
Ah dang, I had just wanted to order the box on Sunday. Now I am getting a bit concerned. =X

There are two "labomen" versions. Unboxing is about the first one, which is only VOSTFR and does not have a digipack, but it's out of stock for a while

A second Labomen version is available, with this time the VF and the VOSTFR, digipack and the same bonuses as the first version : 2 artbook + the pin's which is not available on Anime-store. Available on the website of Dybex and Amazon marketplace (Dybex)

And a third version, the "Anime-store" version Available on ANime-store obviously! This version is smaller (but A4), it has no pins, and the artbook of the movie is not there. There is only 1 artbook

Note: episode 23 beta is not included in all these versions

Last edited:
Back