Food/condiment cravings.

Spyro201 said:
Martin said:
I've discovered shoyu soy sauce to be my secret weapon in the kitchen. A small splash of the stuff turns a bland bowl of noodles and stir-fried vegetables into something much tastier - it really brings the flavour to life.

Does it make food even an idiot cook taste nice? If so I could use this to pretend I can cook 8)
It works for me, so yeah. ;)

I've been putting Habanero Tabasco sauce on everything. But, that's just because its there, really. Not because I'm cravin' it.

However, I am craving some Mountain Dew. I seriously wish I just walk into a supermarket in the UK and get it. Oreo's took off, so should this! Apart from that and of course, Lucky Charms, I've been seriously, seriously, Like.. Oh My God! craving some Buffalo Wings.

WHY IN HELL DON'T THEY DO BUFFALO WINGS OVER HERE! They are the most amazing appetisers/snacks ever, ever, ever made.

skikes said:
Nyu said:
sweet chilli

errr i fuckin hate sweet chilli! ITS NOT CHILLI IF ITS SWEET... i love love love love all spicy food, the hotter the better...

i hate ALL sweet savory food in general, only deserts are meant to be sweet.

yes but you suck.

Martin said:
Spyro201 said:
Martin said:
I've discovered shoyu soy sauce to be my secret weapon in the kitchen. A small splash of the stuff turns a bland bowl of noodles and stir-fried vegetables into something much tastier - it really brings the flavour to life.

Does it make food even an idiot cook taste nice? If so I could use this to pretend I can cook 8)
It works for me, so yeah. ;)

So if my girlfriend goes on all the time about how I cant cook; and I can use this stuff and she'll be like "WOW". Am I right?? ;) :)

MrChom said:
Tachi- said:
Anyway, as for a craving recently...the spice mix I use for Fajitas, love those things.

As for sweet chilli, something can be sweet AND hotter than hell at the same time...it just takes a good cook.
I love those old el paso spice mix, I add some hot sauce of my own and the get amazingly good.

chaos said:
MrChom said:
Anyway, as for a craving recently...the spice mix I use for Fajitas, love those things.

As for sweet chilli, something can be sweet AND hotter than hell at the same time...it just takes a good cook.
I love those old el paso spice mix, I add some hot sauce of my own and the get amazingly good.

HEy, thanks for the idea :D will try that out now ^^

chaos said:
MrChom said:
Tachi- said:

Encona's Caribbean sauce for me, the things's basically a bottle of chilli seeds with some mushed up red between them. Good stuff. Add some sour cream and I'm away. It's this wonderful mix of cool sour cream, HOT hot sauce, slightly crispy veg, and soft tortilla....mmmm.

Dammit, now I'm hungry.

Maxon said:
skikes said:
Nyu said:
sweet chilli

errr i fuckin hate sweet chilli! ITS NOT CHILLI IF ITS SWEET
I'm pretty sure sweet chillis actually exist.
As far as i know, they don't naturally, but there are plenty of recipes of sweet chilly sauce out there. Actually I think sweet and spicy goes very well together. I use to love chocolate with chillies. Never seen then in the UK though, but I've never looked really hard though.

chaos said:
Maxon said:
skikes said:
Nyu said:
sweet chilli

errr i fuckin hate sweet chilli! ITS NOT CHILLI IF ITS SWEET
I'm pretty sure sweet chillis actually exist.
As far as i know, they don't naturally, but there are plenty of recipes of sweet chilly sauce out there. Actually I think sweet and spicy goes very well together. I use to love chocolate with chillies. Never seen then in the UK though, but I've never looked really hard though.

My local Sainsburys sell them, they're that posh brand that isn't green or blacks.

Jayme said:
I've been putting Habanero Tabasco sauce on everything. But, that's just because its there, really. Not because I'm cravin' it.

However, I am craving some Mountain Dew. I seriously wish I just walk into a supermarket in the UK and get it. Oreo's took off, so should this! Apart from that and of course, Lucky Charms, I've been seriously, seriously, Like.. Oh My God! craving some Buffalo Wings.

WHY IN HELL DON'T THEY DO BUFFALO WINGS OVER HERE! They are the most amazing appetisers/snacks ever, ever, ever made.
And marshmallow fluff. Never actually tried it, but it sounds quite tasty in my opinion. Especially the strawberry-flavour. :wink:

But anyhow... Myself, I'm craving Marks and Spencer's toffee sauce, and those Toffee muffins Tesco sell (Only, our Tesco's have stopped doing them now... D: Yes, I like toffee...)

Back