First Trailer for Mardock Sramble: The Third Exhaust

Genkina Hito

映画男!!!
The <a href="http://m-scramble.jp/exhaust/">website</a> for the third and final instalment of the anime movie adaptation of the Mardock Scramble saga is streaming a promotional video ahead of the film’s theatrical release in Japan on the 29th of September.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PH0ifp5rROE?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PH0ifp5rROE?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Synopsis

<em>Based on the cyber-punk novels of Tow Ubukata (creator of Le Chevalier D’Eon), the story takes place in the neon-noir streets of Mardock City and follows a young prostitute named Balot who was taken in by a vicious gambler named Shell. She would have died by his hand if she had not been rescued by Doctor Easter and his self-aware Universal Tool, Oefcoque who takes the form of a shape-shifting mouse. Now a cyborg, Balot has increased physical powers and the ability to affect any kind of electrical system and she’ll need these powers if she and Oefcoque are to survive the machinations of Shell and his assassin, Boiled.</em>

The main cast includes Megumi Hayashibara (Neon Genesis Evangelion) as Balot and Kazuya Nakai (One Piece, Sengoku Basara) as Shell and the films have been scripted by Tow Ubukata and directed by Susumu Kudo (Kino’s Journey: Life Goes On). Character design and animation direction will both be handled by Jun Nakai (Speed Grapher, Samurai 7) and Shingo Suzuki (Read or Die, Baccano!). Music is being made by Conisch (Hitohira). The animation studio producing the film is GoHands (Princess Lover).

<a href="https://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/2012-06-03/mardock-scramble/the-third-exhaust-film-promo-streamed">Source</a>

I still need to see The Second Combustion. I'm tempted to see how much it would cost to import the BD from Japan, as that apparently has English subtitles.

Also, Megumi Hayashibara also voices Ash's Snivy in Pokémon (as well as Jessie). I found that hilarious when I found it out.

Based on the cyber-punk light-novels of Tow Ubukata (creator of Le Chevalier D’Eon)
I did not know that. I'm yet to see the second film as well, but it's nice to see each film in the series released fairly quickly and consistently ( ::cough::rebuidofevangelion::cough:: ) which hopefully means we won't have to wait too long to have all three volumes sat on our shelves here in the UK.

Joshawott said:
Megumi Hayashibara also voices Ash's Snivy in Pokémon (as well as Jessie). I found that hilarious when I found it out.
Also Lina Inverse, Faye Valentine, Doctor Chiba from Paprika, Rei (and PenPen) from Eva and about a bajillion others. She's one of the best seiyuu around.

I'm pretty sure the original novels aren't light novels, in that they're regular science fiction novels. My copy (of the 3 combined together, thanks Viz) won't arrive until tomorrow, but yeah.

ayase said:
Based on the cyber-punk light-novels of Tow Ubukata (creator of Le Chevalier D’Eon)
I did not know that. I'm yet to see the second film as well, but it's nice to see each film in the series released fairly quickly and consistently ( ::cough::rebuidofevangelion::cough:: ) which hopefully means we won't have to wait too long to have all three volumes sat on our shelves here in the UK.

Joshawott said:
Megumi Hayashibara also voices Ash's Snivy in Pokémon (as well as Jessie). I found that hilarious when I found it out.
Also Lina Inverse, Faye Valentine, Doctor Chiba from Paprika, Rei (and PenPen) from Eva and about a bajillion others. She's one of the best seiyuu around.
Yeah, but Ash's Snivy is actually pretty funny when you compare the childlike nature of Pokémon to...Mardock Scramble.

Even if you split it up the three books would be thick and there are no illustrations, so it is not a light novel (which are normally little A6 books with illustrations).

Shiroi Hane said:
Even if you split it up the three books would be thick and there are no illustrations, so it is not a light novel (which are normally little A6 books with illustrations).
Indeed, I just got Viz Media's printed edition of the books today - it's a whopping huge tome. The first book has 242 pages, the second has 247 and the third has 286 pages and as you say, no illustrations.

'Tis Science Fiction...and I'll enjoy trying to find the time to read it all xD

Back