First anime?

First anime was Dragonball Z, however I didn't know it was one, being young and dumb.

With that I watched Tenchi, Dragonball and a few others.

Once I knew what anime was I watched Hunter X Hunter, One Piece, ect. ect. And any movies on Film Four, like Spirited Away ect.

Lupus Inu said:
Dan said:
Devilman

Still love it :D
I wish that was my first anime. One of my RL friends first anime was Legend of the Overfiend, haha.

Yeah Devilman was the 1 that got me into it and then I saw Castle In The Sky liked that as well but talk about being completly different (Channel 4 for you) :D

Legend of the Overfiend :eek: think that would have put me off for life.

Lupus Inu said:
Dan said:
Devilman

Still love it :D
I wish that was my first anime. One of my RL friends first anime was Legend of the Overfiend, haha.

That was about my 5th :eek: :roll: Never was, and still ain't a fan.

Infact, the majority of those old videos I used to rent were at the dodgy end of the Manga video spectrum - they also had Crying Freeman amingst them for one.

But then again, they did have some good ones (Vampire Hunter D, Venus Wars, Project AKo, Lensman and the like.

But when all you have access to is a few videos not of your choosing, you do the best with what you've got :p

my first was Pokemon I think. Didnt realise it was anime though. I DID watch Digimon for a bit but, wasnt THAT good. Also DBZ. I didnt really realise any of those were anime though, the first REAL anime I watched and knew it was anime, was Death Note.

Like a lot of the above, Dragon Ball Z and Pokemon. My 1st anime where I properly thought of it as anime was Hanakyou Maids La Verite

officially the first anime i saw was Thundersub (blue noah as it's know in japan) and Mysterious Cities of Gold, though back then i had no idea what anime was

first anime i saw knowing what anime was though, was Tenchi

Seems I've been telling porkies

Guess my 1st was Mysterious Cities of Gold but I didn't know that was anime till you guys mentioned it now.

So that would make Devilman the 1st anime I watched that I knew was an anime but actually the 2nd one I watched.

My experiance would be like JPT's with battle fo the planets and Starfleet, then MCOG if it even classes as anime (i thought it was french?).

Then i was addicted to Channel 4 and the odd show on BBC2. Shows like Legend of the 4 kings, Devil man, Cyber city OEDO 808, wicked city.

After that it was university and i happened to catch one of my Malaysian floor mates watching crying freeman, and other stuff,

The horrid Angel Cop still sits on my shelf as a reminder of those days.

Just Passing Through said:
Hokum said:
My experiance would be like JPT's ...

Ditto :lol:

Actually, it's under my bed, along with Urutsokidoji and Junk Boy.

Angel Cop has the single worst dub I have watched (which is saying something!). It is also largely horrible overall, though I felt the first episode, dealing with the terrorists was actually pretty good, before it all went to hell in the second episode *shrug*

Warmaster said:
Hokum said:

Angel Cop has the single worst dub I have watched (which is saying something!). It is also largely horrible overall, though I felt the first episode, dealing with the terrorists was actually pretty good, before it all went to hell in the second episode *shrug*
I didn't have the dubious pleasure of watching Angel Cop although I think any dub would have serious contest for the worst when compared with the Takara Transformers series (Headmasters, Masterforce and Victory). When I first heard those dubs I seriously thought that they were fan dubs they were so poorly produced...

Pokemon.

The first thing I saw, knowing it was actually anime was DBZ...then Tenchi Muyo and Gundam Wing on the same night.

I still watch DBZ and GW from time to time, but I haven't seen Tenchi in years. I own the movies box, but I'm assuming it'd be best to watch the series before I get into them...so maybe I'll watch them in a few years... >_>

Can'r really remeber but a three way tie between Mazinger, when i lived in Argentina, Voltron when I was in Austraila, and Robotech (Macross Saga) when i was in the states. This was all back in the 80's. Since i was in the UK in the 90's it was lean, but in 2000, got back into anime with eva, el hazard and Dragon Half.

Gawyn said:
Warmaster said:
Hokum said:

I didn't have the dubious pleasure of watching Angel Cop although I think any dub would have serious contest for the worst when compared with the Takara Transformers series (Headmasters, Masterforce and Victory). When I first heard those dubs I seriously thought that they were fan dubs they were so poorly produced...

Hey I liked Angel Cop, although it wasn't brilliant something clicked :D

Anyway as for worst dub try Judge makes Angel Cop seem like it should be up for an Oscar. It was a Manga Entertainment dub, nuff said

Dan said:
Gawyn said:
Warmaster said:
Hokum said:

Hey I liked Angel Cop, although it wasn't brilliant something clicked :D

Anyway as for worst dub try Judge makes Angel Cop seem like it should be up for an Oscar. It was a Manga Entertainment dub, nuff said

They had Judge (or still have last time I checked) over at that local video shop, and while the film itself I found awful, the dub never struck me as particularly bad (as in 'no worse than anything else of the early Manga output' :p)

As for the Transformers series, you may be on to something there, I think I watched about 2 minutes on one of the Anime channels a few months back. :roll:

Back