Fire Emblem

Otaku-san

Chuunibyou
Just was looking up for some RPGs for the ol' GC, and notice someone was selling a new one for the Wii.

Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn

this is the tenth title in the series (even though 4 have been international)
of course a the moment, its only been released in North America, theres still a unknown date for PAL.

Theres also going to be one for the DS. A remake of the first Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryū to Hikari no Tsurugi(The Dragon of Darkness and the Sword of Light), the first to have online capabilities.

haven't actually played one yet, but what i recall from a mates NOM, is that once one of your characters dies in battle, there dead...for good

Yeah, that's true. If you're a perfectionist, losing a single member can be extremely annoying, and forces you to reset. Though plot characters are only removed from battle, not actually killed.
I also only learned right at the end of the game that you can recruit certain enemies to your team. I just killed them off!

But Path of Radiance is an awesome game, and I am definately buying Radiant Dawn. They're great fun to play, and are quite linear, so you don't feel overwhelmed, like I feel with most SRPGS. But if you're a Disgaea fan, you might feel restricted by the lack of optional battles, character creation etc

Fire Emblem is a great series, specially if you're into strategy games, like myself. I always aim to get all the characters to survive, which i usually manage, and try to get every conversation you can between each character, takes multiple playthrough's but it does change the epilogue for each character depending on who you get say Lyn up to A with(i don't think conversations have an effect bar stat boosts in path of radiance). Never actually knew the first FE was getting a DS release, will have to pick that up.

Yes, though it's usually hard to find all characters, unless you have a guide or the interwebz.
Just like getting the '108 stars of destiny' from the Suikoden series. Once you move on from an event, you lose that ability to recruit that character. Though you don't know about it, unless you look it up.

Okay, Radiant Dawn is released in the UK, has been for a few weeks. How did I not know about that? I could have sworn it wasn't on NoE's release schedule.

I've had it since it was released, and i have to say, its definitely a tad harder than Path of Radiance. i haven't gotten that far on it though, the end of part 1, need to really work on it a bit more, though it is interesting.

At the moment, i have the Black Knight as a playable unit, talk about an unfair advantage. he walks through everything and seems stronger than he was as an enemy in PoR.

Last edited by a moderator:
Arbalest said:
I've had it since it was released, and i have to say, its definitely a tad harder than Path of Radiance. i haven't gotten that far on it though, the end of part 1, need to really work on it a bit more, though it is interesting.

At the moment, i have the Black Knight as a playable unit, talk about an unfair advantage. he walks through everything and seems stronger than he was as an enemy in PoR.

For someone who managed to complete PoR, albeit on easy mode, how much harder would you call RD?

Espy said:
Arbalest said:

For someone who managed to complete PoR, albeit on easy mode, how much harder would you call RD?

Its pretty difficult, definitely more so than PoR as i said. enemies start of stronger, faster(heck even fighters and bandits on the opposing side on normal seem to have 50%+ hit chance against sword weilders) and so on. Mind you, it'll be harder for me again since its a case of, lose even one character, restart. Mind you, you do get characters which are seem extremely overpowered for where you are, for example one wolf laguz named Nailah, is level 33(level cap for laguz seems to have risen), and she is basically untouchable.
Also from what i hear, there is meant to be a third tier, or rather, a third upgrade. Like

Myrmidon -> Swordmaster -> ???

Good news is, if you have saved data from PoR, it can carry over, so that all your supports are available to read, and if a character is at level 20 in their second form, their stats will be improved when you get them(since you get all bar one in your group from PoR)

Oh, the other thing my brother said, since he completed PoR on hard, is that apparently he finds Radiant Dawn harder on normal than PoR on hard.

I am on the brink on finishing Fire Emblem on gc on hard mode. On a chapter 25 only have 4 lv 20s maxed out. So is this new one worth buying ?

Yeah its worth it, storywise its good and gameplay wise, its certainly a step up in terms of difficulty. And from what i hear its also the longest Fire Emblem to date. All the characters bar one are back and playable in the new one, plus a few new ones chucked in for good measure. So its all good. If you get your characters up to level 20 in PoR, make sure you keep the data on your memory card and have it in the Wii when you start a new game on Radiant Dawn, as it can increase the stats of those you got to level 20 from the previous game(like my Marcia was far better).

Sakimori said:
I really need to play Fire Emblem but then again there are loads of games I need to play >_>

Ditto! I haven't played it before, but I'll get it for DS when it comes out.

MrAlex said:
Sakimori said:
I really need to play Fire Emblem but then again there are loads of games I need to play >_>

Ditto! I haven't played it before, but I'll get it for DS when it comes out.

Oh yeah, the first one is getting a re-release on the DS isn't it? That'll be something to look forward to. See how the franchise started off, and why marth is liked so much.

Awww I went to buy this is Game/ Gamestation yesterday, and they didnt even have it on the shelf. Just Wii Fit appearingly. Damn ass wii fit >.>

Spyro201 said:
Awww I went to buy this is Game/ Gamestation yesterday, and they didnt even have it on the shelf. Just Wii Fit appearingly. Damn ass wii fit >.>

Its normally in stock, i mean they have tonnes here, and i remember it being in the top 20 in GAME. Also did you play the gamecube FE, Path of Radiance? cause i would recommend playing that first.

Spyro201 said:

Yeah i went into gamestation bought 4 4 £20 offer and they gave me a gigantic wii fit bag -.-. That game is gna be good hopefully it will help this country get back into shape if it doesnt well i dont care then lol

Arbalest said:
Spyro201 said:

Its normally in stock, i mean they have tonnes here, and i remember it being in the top 20 in GAME. Also did you play the gamecube FE, Path of Radiance? cause i would recommend playing that first.

No sadly I havent. Its just, I cant seem to find that anywhere either :lol:

Back