Final Fantasy XIII Trailer + PS3 Details

It's that time of year again where big announcements are at the E3 conference!
Square-Enix are not just making one FFXIII game but two - and both are on the PS3. The other FFXIII game has 'Versus' tacked on at the end. FFXIII will finally have a female protaganist into it's main series (not including spin off FFX-2 or FFVI) who seems to have been spliced with Dante from Devil May Cry. It's of no surpise that it's from the director of FFX and FFX-2. :wink:

You can view the trailer for FFXIII
Here!

On another note: PS3 has been confirmed for Europe in November priced roughly at ??340/499 euros (20gb version) and ??410/599 euros (60gb version) ie. really expensive! Seems like Sony has reverted back to it's dual shock design for the controller except it has a motion sensor ala. Nintendo Wii.. :?
________
MYTHOS

Damn I wish I was at home right now so I could watch the trailer, but jesus 400+, and I though the 360 was expensive when I bought it.

Came home from work 3 hours early to watch some trailers (Im so getting sacked by I dont care) the MGS4 trailer is amazing and the FFXIII is also pretty cool, but I cant help but be extremely under-whelmed by the actual graphics, sure the textures etc may be better but it still doesn't look amazingly different from PS2, and at over £400 I want something revolutionary.

Ryo Chan said:
i thought all the Final fantasy rights belong to microsoft now

No. The Final Fantasy creator and Dbz character designer is making a game for the 360 called Blue Dragon. Also, square enix is making 2 final fantasy games for the wii and DS.

so Xii will be the last ever final fantasy game i buy then since theres no chance i'm buying a ps3 unless its multi region

The FF trailer does look really cool, but I was never planning on buying a PS3 on release - and at those prices I don't reckon I'm the only one.

Surely if they want it to sell, they're going to have to cut the price a bit? It's ridiuclous!

The price had better come down before they release XIII, or I'll be forced to break my 100% record since VII of buying them on release!

Finally..i'm not being stopped from posting..erm..yeah, that trailer does look cool, and hopefully i'll get it once the PS3 costs a little less. AS i expected for the costs, its really high, whatever reason they say for it i just think its a bit much for a console. The motion sensor bit i think is just a tilt sensor only, not the same extent that the nintendo is using for their controller. The games are meant to cost loads to..so i will wait a little while for prices to drop. Nintendo have their conference tomorrow don't they? it will be interesting to see how the control works

The PS3 is rediculously expensive, but I just know that I'll spend hours queing up on the day of release to get my hands on a 60gb one.

Well, the PS3 price isn't as bad as I'd thought it would be. I'll buy it.
But i don't think I'll be buying an FF game that's like Dirge of Cerberus all over again :?

it will NOT be region free

the closest thing it could be is theres a strong rumor that the US ps3 will be compatable with the Asian one so Japanese games will work on a US ps3

i wouldn't mind seeing a remake but at least they Have Crisis Core in production for the PSP..that looks good.

Ooops. There goes my interest in the franchise. Well, on every title above 12 anyway :p
Some more commentary on SE's commitment to supporting the next gen. Speaks more about the "synergy between products" being a proven formula with Compilation of FFVII. Looks like they're taking the same tack with FFXIII.
"Synergy between Products" Roughly translated: "We are looking at new and interesting ways to flog our dead horse on multiple platforms simultenously! We will not rest until we have all of your money!".

The trailer is... dull and cliched. Especially the Design work. Girls with Guns were once shocking and new, not tried and tested. Soldiers in masks have been revived from the depth of Star Wars and done to death recently, though frankly their animation looked better and they didn't look so ugly. Mysterious people in hoods? Oh please. The music is awful, the graphics surprisingly underwhelming and everything about this game screams "they couldn't fit me into Final Fantasy X, so here I am!". I opt out. Square-Enix has undergone a transformation into a money making machine that is a shadow of its former self.

Course, FFXII looks interesting and I'll buy that. Perhaps this is an emerging trend: you have to wait until the last FF of any generation for something actually worth playing, rather than a dull mainstream crowd-pleaser...

Edit: And Final Fantasy Versus XIII sounds like a stupid title, for a stupid money spinning idea.

Back