Final Fantasy VII coming to EU Playstation Store

Fans ruin everything. I loved Naruto as a kid, and still do, but the amount of Narutards in existence who can't see any flaws, don't watch any other anime and can't put together any decent arguments piss me off. The same goes for FFVII fantards.

If you say fans can't annoy you, check out TTGL fans. They rate TTGL as the best anime ever, say "GAR" a lot and explain how watching it changed their life, motivating them to do what they couldn't do before. A song with "ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWA!" can do a lot, apparently.

I'm not posting because it's "cool to hate FFVII" when it just so happens to my favourite game. That would be silly. I'm posting because I can't see the logic in getting excited over paying £8 for a downloadable copy of an ancient game; one I've owned three versions of over the years. I'd rather stroke my NTSC copy than buy an imaginary copy that I can't hold and look at with a retarded smile on my face.

CitizenGeek said:
So you don't like Final Fantasy VII the game because other people like it a way you find unacceptable? Odd.

Lupus said:
I would like to not "hate" on a game I thoroughly enjoyed in my childhood if the majority of new age fans were not so damn retarded and lap up every extended universe FF:VII game.

CitizenGeek said:
I kind of missed out on gaming when I was younger (I had a PS1, but I only used it to play movie tie ins and stuff; Crash Bandicoot and Metal Gear Solid are the only games I played back then that are worth remembering now). So I sometimes get a retro PS1 game and play it on my PS2. I played FFVII for the first time in 2005 and FFVIII in 2006. Vagrant Story is probably the rarest game I own and it's ace - I wonder if anyone else here on AUKN has played it?

Source.

I expect you to explode in anger, but I ask you not to, we'd be repeating history one too many times. But my point stands.

OMFGLOL said:
Aion said:
Another memory of mine is BoFIII: I got stuck, had no way of knowing what to do and wasn't able to beat the game until 6 months later, when I ordered the guide from a bookstore...which my 'friend' managed to rip to pieces. I only managed to buy another copy from eBay the other day.

By any chance, was it the desert of death?

Nah, it was in the lab near the start of the second half of the story. I had to look for something that was hidden by the camera angle and I could never find it.

I do remember the Desert of Death, though. I think what you have to do is keep going in certain directions and try to reach the boss before the water supply runs out?

The only other game I remember getting stuck on forever is Alundra, and I was stuck on that for years. It wasn't until I got internet access and could find the motivation to have another go that I got past the point I was stuck on and beat the game. The puzzle in question is the one in the werewolf dream where you need to push like 20 ice blocks in a certain order - it caused me a lot of pain. The rest of the game I beat without too much trouble, but that ice block puzzle is truly evil.

Aion said:
OMFGLOL said:
Aion said:
Another memory of mine is BoFIII: I got stuck, had no way of knowing what to do and wasn't able to beat the game until 6 months later, when I ordered the guide from a bookstore...which my 'friend' managed to rip to pieces. I only managed to buy another copy from eBay the other day.

By any chance, was it the desert of death?

Nah, it was in the lab near the start of the second half of the story. I had to look for something that was hidden by the camera angle and I could never find it.

I do remember the Desert of Death, though. I think what you have to do is keep going in certain directions and try to reach the boss before the water supply runs out?

The only other game I remember getting stuck on forever is Alundra, and I was stuck on that for years. It wasn't until I got internet access and could find the motivation to have another go that I got past the point I was stuck on and beat the game. The puzzle in question is the one in the werewolf dream where you need to push like 20 ice blocks in a certain order - it caused me a lot of pain. The rest of the game I beat without too much trouble, but that ice block puzzle is truly evil.

ah yeah now i know that part, it's in momo's father's plant right? and yeah thats the desert of death, ******* despise that place so much, i also got stuck on balio and sunder's transformed boss form as a kid because i sucked so hard.

I recently played through alundra and got stuck on the exact same puzzle in Kline's dream, it's ******* stupid, i also couldn't get through the final dungeon without using a guide for directions because it's really confusing with all the switch puzzles and entrances, amazing game though.

Yup, that's the place. It's the place that you go to around the time you recruit the onion.

I don't have any memories of getting stuck in the desert, mainly becaus I had and used a guide. I can't remember - did you get decent directions? I recall it being like the place in the desert prison in FFVII where you had to keep exiting the screen at the right points to reach Dean.

It pleases me that someone other than myself got stuck on that awful puzzle in Alundra. It really did take the piss. The game had some difficult puzzles before that - ones that could be worked out eventually - but that ice block hell took the cake.

I also got stuck on a puzzle towards the end of Alundra 2, and I need to replay it at some stage to beat it. But, unlike with Alundra, I don't really want to because the game isn't that great. It also looks horrible - it did when it came out and looks even worse now.

Aion said:
Yup, that's the place. It's the place that you go to around the time you recruit the onion.

I don't have any memories of getting stuck in the desert, mainly becaus I had and used a guide. I can't remember - did you get decent directions? I recall it being like the place in the desert prison in FFVII where you had to keep exiting the screen at the right points to reach Dean.

It pleases me that someone other than myself got stuck on that awful puzzle in Alundra. It really did take the piss. The game had some difficult puzzles before that - ones that could be worked out eventually - but that ice block hell took the cake.

I also got stuck on a puzzle towards the end of Alundra 2, and I need to replay it at some stage to beat it. But, unlike with Alundra, I don't really want to because the game isn't that great. It also looks horrible - it did when it came out and looks even worse now.

I eventually had to resort to using a guide to get out of the desert, it's just so hard because you have no real idea if you are going in the right direction, the game doesn't really tell you too well, and as for the desert i n FFVII, i really want to know how the **** you would ever figure that out without a guide or help, since you have to exit on like the exact side of the screen at the exact point, as a kid your ****** for a few days basically.

I remember another annoying puzzle being in the secret water dungeon, it's obvious but i had no idea you was meant to jump on the bubbles as a kid, i played alundra 2 before number 1 and got upto the part i think just after the shark boss and you wash up on some island, there was a switch puzzle there and i couldn't figure out what to do as a kid, i too might replay it some time but if i played it today after playing number 1 i don't think i would like it too much.

OMFGLOL said:
as for the desert i n FFVII, i really want to know how the F*** you would ever figure that out without a guide or help, since you have to exit on like the exact side of the screen at the exact point, as a kid your ****** for a few days basically.

If you run for long enough a mysterious chocobo carrige comes and picks you up. :3

I just noticed this was up, I'm currently playing IX on the PS2 at the moment.

I must admit I own 9 Final Fantasy's and not one of them is beaten!, I've had 3 attemps at played VII and when I came back to play it, I just end up lost on the story and what I was doing, I've own the game since 2002.

Things are looking up I am close to finishing IX and I do want to start on VII again.

I haven't played this since I was like, tiny. I feel like replaying for some nostaligia, would you reccomend it for the price?

Also, is Dirge of Surburus (Sp?) a full remake of FF7? My friend has it on PS2 and I was tempted to just borrow that, but half of me wants the old PS1 block graphics. Bah I dunno. Is it worth it?

Spyro201 said:
Also, is Dirge of Surburus (Sp?) a full remake of FF7? My friend has it on PS2 and I was tempted to just borrow that, but half of me wants the old PS1 block graphics. Bah I dunno. Is it worth it?
Dirge of Cerberus. Also, it's not a remake, just a cheap horrible cash-in, trying to flesh out Vincent's character a little more which isn't necessary, borrow it if you absolutely must but don't expect a good game.

Lupus said:
Spyro201 said:
Dirge of Cerberus. Also, it's not a remake, just a cheap horrible cash-in, trying to flesh out Vincent's character a little more which isn't necessary, borrow it if you absolutely must but don't expect a good game.

Fair enough i'll leave it alone then :lol:

Does this version of FF7 on PSN look horrible on a big TV?

Lupus said:
Spyro201 said:
Lupus said:
Spyro201 said:
Does this version of FF7 on PSN look horrible on a big TV?
How big is big?

Like 50"? If so then yes, it looks ugly.

32"

That gonna be to big?
Naw, I think it'll be fine, might not look as appealing as it was way back in 1997, but it's good enough.

Haha.

I may try it then. Only thing is, I recall the game being seriously hard- i'm hoping now i'm older though, that wont be the case 8)

Just grind for a few hours, you'll be flying through the game in no time, grinding in FF:VII is actually FUN. (Depending on where you do it.)

Lupus said:
Just grind for a few hours, you'll be flying through the game in no time, grinding in FF:VII is actually FUN. (Depending on where you do it.)

Getting places isn't though :lol:

I remember so many times taking a wrong turn, or having to back track, and all those random encounters stopping you going where you were going annoying the heck outta me :lol:

I didn't really get the negative reaction to Dirge of Cerberus. It certainly was not a bad game. If anything, it was average. It's still enjoyable as a game, but the main appeal is more of the FFVII story and it's a really cool story, tbh. It's great to get to run around in post-Meteor FFVII :]

CitizenGeek said:
I didn't really get the negative reaction to Dirge of Cerberus. It certainly was not a bad game. If anything, it was average. It's still enjoyable as a game, but the main appeal is more of the FFVII story and it's a really cool story, tbh. It's great to get to run around in post-Meteor FFVII :]

What do you expect? To me, even if I enjoyed the story (certainly a step-up from AC), I found the gameplay to be very unlike FF7. It's just a horrible attempt at Half-Life with RPG elements (No, it is a horrible attempt. A developer said that DOC came from his enjoyment of Half Life)

Oh and many reviewers say it was bad =]

I just found it horrible because the graphics were very grey, the gameplay is just repetitive and the enemy weren't really that 'diverse'.

Back