Final Fantasy VII coming to EU Playstation Store

Aion said:
Another memory of mine is BoFIII: I got stuck, had no way of knowing what to do and wasn't able to beat the game until 6 months later, when I ordered the guide from a bookstore...which my 'friend' managed to rip to pieces. I only managed to buy another copy from eBay the other day.

By any chance, was it the desert of death?

speedlolita said:
Tachi- said:
Press home....display size (i think) and just change it so it fits the screen. honestly....complaining over something so small and easy to fix ¬_¬
All five options are crap.
The sizable borders on the PAL version make it perfect for zooming. A tiny amount of the screen is cut off at the top but it's barely noticeable.

Also, it's clear to me from viewing gaming forums that plenty of people give a ****. Most of them have already played the game and many, like me, want a copy for the PSP, where it looks much nicer than on a HDTV.

I know a tiny amount is cut off, but for me it's not perfect and so I can't use it.

Waste of my memory stick anyway.

iisan said:
*Shrug* still got mine on PS1.
I would've got the PS3 if it had actual backwards combatability.
PS1 discs work on the PS3 and I'm still perplexed as to why all this is that important anyway. Who doesn't own this game? I owned two different versions of it at one point.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Why are people posting here if this is of no interest? That's what perplexes me.
Well, nothing REALLY perplexes anyone. Some people like hanging themselves from the ceiling with hooks in their skin. Some people even like Advent Children.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Why are people posting here if this is of no interest? That's what perplexes me.
Because this is The Internet (TM)

Actively slagging off things of no interest to them is a favourite passtime of Netizens.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Possibly because they thought it would be cooler to say they don't have any interest in this.

kupocake said:
fabricatedlunatic said:
Well, nothing REALLY perplexes anyone. Some people like hanging themselves from the ceiling with hooks in their skin. Some people even like Advent Children.

Some people are insane - Advent Children is awful!

Also, I was just posting for the hell of it, and although I'm not interested in the re-release of Final Fantasy VII, I'm a fan of the original game.
So, yeah, why not? Why do people try to moderate this stuff, that's what perplexes me.

kupocake said:
ayase said:
Actively slagging off things of no interest to them is a favourite passtime of Netizens.
No-one is slagging anything off though. People are just posting here waiting for the punchline.
Not directly, but if you post something you think will be of interest and get a thread full of replies that to varying degrees say "who gives a ****?" it can't be all that gratifying.

:eek: Is that... stars I see..? No, chaos, say it ain't so!

kupocake said:
David Carradine anyone? :p

iisan said:
Some people are insane - Advent Children is awful!
Guilty! AC looks pretty and has all the characters you love so much in it. I think I'll pass FF AC Complete, as it is not really complete, but I'll buy next year REALLY Complete release.

I've spent a couple hundred hours on FF VII already, so I'm not really sure I would go through it again. I'm afraid it might have the same effect re-watching The Goonies had on me. It killed the nostalgia and left a bad aftertaste :(

ayase said:
:eek: Is that... stars I see..? No, chaos, say it ain't so!
Stars ? what? I'm not too smart, you know, I don't get this stars thing... :p

Hahahaha, the Goonies. Man, that's a bad film. I never saw it as a kid so I never got the nostalgia of it.
Do you really think Advent Children is that good to look at? I mean it's so gray and dull.
As much as I love the characters they're not enough to save that film xP.

I actually have started playing FFVII again since this thread started.
I can never choose a party. Maybe Cloud, Tifa, Cid?
First time I finished it I used Cloud, Tifa, Yuffie.

...Yes, I like Yuffie. Sue me.

PS; It's not just nostalgia, FFVII really is great, it wont ruin your memory of it to play it again.

kupocake said:
No-one is slagging anything off though. People are just posting here waiting for the punchline.
Huh. Posting gaming-related news about something that's garnered considerable interest in Europe and elsewhere in the gaming section of a forum. What was I thinking? Very sorry for wasting your time.

Eh, I'm done here.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Huh. Posting gaming-related news about something that's garnered considerable interest in Europe and elsewhere in the gaming section of a forum.
Doesn't reposting news-felch from elsewhere just underline the point though? The reason why the only reaction you're getting in the thread is 'yeah, and?' is because everyone who is excited was excited 72 hours ago. Don't act butt-hurt when third-hand news actually achieves discussion, even if it is negative, because Mummy isn't going to kiss it better.

Pff. It's the Diet Cokes and Gamerscores that do it. Gamers think they should get achievements for everything these days.

If it was one of the other FF games (or some non-SE obscure load of crap from 15 years ago), people would be excited.

It's just "cool" to hate FF VII, so the cool internet people just piss on anything to do with it. Even if it was a full remake in HD with a real gun arm freebie, all for the budget price of 20p, people would find something to criticise it for.

Aaron said:
all for the budget price of 20p
Why do I have to pay Postage and Packaging on this gun-arm? Where is the standard edition without this bulky and unnecessary freebie?

Square-Enix just jumped the shark.

Aaron said:
It's just "cool" to hate FF VII.
I would like to not "hate" on a game I thoroughly enjoyed in my childhood if the majority of new age fans were not so damn retarded and lap up every extended universe FF:VII game.

Back