Final Fantasy VII Advent Children

Bump, just got round to watching this.

Overall it was pretty good. Story was a bit meh, anyone who hasn't palyed the game before (me) would be slightly confused by it all. Although i have enough knowledge to know what the main plot was and who the characters were. I didn't really like how they alienated some people because of this.

I won't mention the animation because everyone knows it's pretty damn good. The soundtrack however is brilliant, very well done. The fights were faced paced and entertaining, i especially liked it when all the other characters came out to play. But that lead me onto another point, Why so little screen time for other characters? I know clouds the lead and all but that's what i meant by you have to know in order to watch, you wouldn't have a clue who the people were and what they had to do with the story.

I did enjoy the moments that Rude was in it though, some of the stuff he does and came out with was brilliant. For example when Reno cocked him in the face with his baton and then stood on his glasses :lol: And the guy with the scottish voice was amusing to hear (i watched the dub)

overall i'd say 3.5/5. Great animation/soundtrack but because of my limited knowledge of FF7 i struggled to get any more out of it than i did. Now just hurry up and do the same for FF8 you buggers, that i would pay over the odds to see.

I<3'ed it. The Sephiroth scene was one of my favorite scenes.

*Sighs* Watch it In Japanese and it has a better feel. I still get nervous in that same scene XD

I liked the movie. I didn't play VII Back then and I learned about Vii then I got the jist of it.

2 reasons Why I watched it.

1. I'm a FF Fan

2. Watch it in japanese to hear Sephiroths voice (because he's voice by my favourite seiyuu).

I* agree, hearing Sephiroth speak was a huge thing, the amount of time I spent playing the game made it all the more sweet when I heard him speak in the film, it rocked matched him perfectly

They should've brought in a new villian, not Sephiroth, he just makes Cloud all emo... again, and they should've fought Knights of the Round, so it was some sort of struggle. Not "Hey Cloud, we'll all throw you several thousand feet in the air and defy the laws of gravity, because in this movie, we can!" They need to get the movie sorted out, the Aeris part was fine, I mean... you totally would be all emo over not helping your friend and crap when they're about to die.

After i saw it, i thought it was Ok, story wasn't good, animation was though. I am an FF fan, but i didn't think much of this. I liked some of the fight scenes, but there wasn't that much in it...and just not enough screen time for the rest of the characters. Only one getting a decent amount probably asides Cloud was Tifa. I'd probably only give AC a 5.5/10, probably because the music was good and the animation and battles where good.

its one of my fave films, i think the english dubbed made more sence, but thats my opinion. but some of the dub voices didnt sound right. i thought cloud was so super hot, its just a shame he aint real. :(
im glad they slowed down the fight scenes or wed never see anythin. lol

AnimeEnchanter said:
its one of my fave films, i think the english dubbed made more sence, but thats my opinion. but some of the dub voices didnt sound right. i thought cloud was so super hot, its just a shame he aint real. :(
im glad they slowed down the fight scenes or wed never see anythin. lol

This is the last time I'm posting in this thread:

The only reason why people even like this movie is because it has "Final Fantasy 7" on it...

To get things clear, I am not what you would call a fan of the FF series, but I have played FF7 a few times and it was a pretty decent game.

But this movie pretty much ruined whatever the game was. I rented this expecting to see a good little cg film, but what I got was a poorly crafted story line and a super-powered emo kid with a sword.(And I am talking about Cloud here, kiddies. Not the babies always crying about mommy.)

One of the things I hated most was the simple fact that they only focused on the fight scenes. Sure, I love to see people kick each others asses, and big explosions, but could you please work on other parts of the movie too, please?

Not to mention, it's a bit silly to have everyone in the movie piss on the laws of gravity. It's okay to maybe have a few scenes where the main character flies around or does a few things out of the norm, but they shouldn't make Cloud land on his feet and not a big red spot when he falls from the sky.

Now, the biggest urk of all in this movie is the way they just THREW in the other characters. Now, if I had never played the original FF7 game, I would be saying to myself "Who the hell are these people?". Sure, the game might have been made for FF fans and gamers, but it is nice not to be a bunch of bums, and actually do something more with the characters.

It's not as hard as it seems. They could've had a character enter here and there. I can't really think of anyway off the top of my head, but I'm sure they could've thought of a better way to introduce the other characters rather than just throwing them in and going "LOOK ITS THOSE OTHER GUYS FROM THE GAME! WATCH HOW COOL THEY FIGHT!".

Sure, you could say that the movie was about Cloud, that the story didn't need the other characters, but that doesn't make this film any better.

This film had special effects, but had absolutely ZERO cinematic value whatsoever; it was just for SFX-babies.

/rant.

Calm down Hyaku. I'd personally like this film even without the FFVII part to it, I thought it was a good film, loved the fight scenes and although it started out slow I found the ending to pick up pace wonderfully

Love to know why every is so hung up about defying gravity. Real life physics has nothing to do with anime, so stop complaining about Tifa's breast and Cloud's hair. My main problem with the film was the fact that the game had a huge cast ALL with a well thought character and detailed back history. And they were all ignored pretty much. So it failed for me as it barely touched on all those wonderful characters which made the game so brilliant. It also failed as a stand alone movie as it would have made little sense without playing the game and/or wiki

hopeful_monster said:
Love to know why every is so hung up about defying gravity. Real life physics has nothing to do with anime, so stop complaining about Tifa's breast and Cloud's hair. My main problem with the film was the fact that the game had a huge cast ALL with a well thought character and detailed back history. And they were all ignored pretty much. So it failed for me as it barely touched on all those wonderful characters which made the game so brilliant. It also failed as a stand alone movie as it would have made little sense without playing the game and/or wiki

i agree
i think nanaki could have been more involved in the movie, he was my fave character in the game and what was up with his voice, both the japanese and the english dub voice made him sound weird. i expected him to have a deeper voice.

Wow, that was a rubbish film. How could they have made the plot any worse? Why the hell were the children kidnapped? They did nothing more than stand in the town square.

Looked amazing though. I'd usually switch my brain off in an action film with little plot, but this just left me shouting "What?! Who wrote that corny dialogue? That makes no sense! Why didn't they summon those dogs earlier? What was the point in that?!" all the way through.

cornixt said:
Wow, that was a rubbish film. How could they have made the plot any worse? Why the hell were the children kidnapped? They did nothing more than stand in the town square.

Looked amazing though. I'd usually switch my brain off in an action film with little plot, but this just left me shouting "What?! Who wrote that corny dialogue? That makes no sense! Why didn't they summon those dogs earlier? What was the point in that?!" all the way through.

FFAC was one big cine-failure.

Lupus Inu said:
Final Fantasy: Advent... Fail. The first FF movie was better. >__>

I'm going to be very psychic and make an insane statement; I think the majority of people will disagree with you on that point of view. I know it's crazy, but I shall take the risk and state it now. Advent Children was not amazing but it was far better than Spirits Within by a large margin. I actually find myself re-watching Advent Children quite often simply for the excellent fight scenes, as these were the only points during the film that caught my interest. So yeah, Advent Children wasn't that great but was it worse than Spirits Within? I think not, personally. :]

Spirits Within was a decent film, as i've said before a majority of people didn't like it because it had no relevance to the Final Fantasy franchise apart from the name. If they called it something else it would have recieved a better reception.

Back