Film Four to be free soon

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
In late July, Film Four will become a "free" channel on Digitial TV (though you still have to pay for the default Sky / NTL etc subscription). Film Four is an especially great movie channel and regularly airs great foreign language movies (including anime; they recently had a Studio Ghibli season) as well cult American / UK efforts.

I'm really looking forward to it launching. It's a proper movie channel :)

If it's available on freeview, I'll be a very happy man!

I've never been tempted enough to subscribe, namely because there is a lot of stuff that's repeated endlessly. On the other hand it's the best channel for catching rare and obscure indie/world cinema stuff so if it makes it onto the regular digital schedules I'll definitely be tuning in every now and then!

Its going to be free? cool, one channel which i have on many an occasion tuned into to watch some films. hopefully they will have more anime films shown on there in the near future also

Yeah, FilmFour is pretty awesome and it's good to hear that it's for free. I was already subscribed to it anyway, but it's great to hear that it will have a much more bigger audience. I really do hope they show more anime. That Studio Ghibi season was simply incredible.

I'm estatic... truly I am, I cannot contain my excitement, stand back, I may explode at any time....

BANG!

I told you so. =/

I'll watch it if it has BR and some other ownage asian movies on it, since I can't be bothered getting the DVD out.

I heard about this quite a while ago, i wondered if it was ever going to happen. I'm glad it finally is, they show so great films, and i love the advert they are showing for it, i don't know how they got so many great actors to do it :)

just a Quick FYI, yes it will be free on Freeview!

And i can't wait for it either, looks like its going to be awesome

So is anyone going to watch the schedules and warn us if any anime films are going to be on?

Lost In translation is the first film to be shown free. A good film about people in japan, stretched out into a long and rather dull film

i could keep an eye on the schedule..mind you if i don't mum probably will..she always watches film four or any movie channel..i think i saw it said to be the 23rd of July that it is going to be free from so not too long from now

EDIT: just in case people are wanting to know, the filmfour and filmfour weekly cease to broadcast as of thursday from what i have read..and film4 will start as a free-to-air channel running from 3.00pm-3.00am each day. i think filmfour weekly then is going to stop broadcasting fill stop.

There was a Japanese horror that I wanted to watch, but I don't have a subscription to the channel, hopfully they will show it again.

Everything looks good on the channels you don't have.

They're also promoing "This Island Earth", but sadly it's not the Mystery Science Theater 3000 The Movie edit.

Now that's something I'd pay to watch, MST3K

Back