FF7 DIRGE of CERBERUS

wow thats looks great i will be picking that up for sure.

but i would like to get the pal ukverson anyway idear when its out here?

i have a video of the game, a japanese TV advert i think on here. It is meant to be in the third person view and it is a shooting game by the looks of things..the story though i am still not sure of, though i know the cait sith is in it along with other characters. i will be getting the game the minute i see it in the shops, its Final fantasy after all :lol: and i need to get them all

It does look amazing, a little Metal Gear Solid-esque. I cant believe its guna come out so early though! Its not like S-E to bring games out quickly :p
Hmm, I jus hope the storyline is stronger than the one in Advent Children. And I hope it wont ruin the original game >.<

*Original Angel* said:
It does look amazing, a little Metal Gear Solid-esque. I cant believe its guna come out so early though! Its not like S-E to bring games out quickly :p
Hmm, I jus hope the storyline is stronger than the one in Advent Children. And I hope it wont ruin the original game >.<

well...remember it is a spin-off from the FFVII game so it doesn't have to tie in entirely to the original story even though it has to in the main parts....but the story line has to be strong or it could just ruin the game

well thats the probelm when you have an uber amazing game and story like FFVII if you either re-do it or make spin offs you run the risk of either brining it back to the pedastal or just ******** all over everyones memories of VII

IT WILL BE CRAP!!! Most spin off games are, and yeah ok Vincent was pretty cool, but he was such a **** character to have on your team on FFVII. Even Cait Sith was better and nobody used him! It will probably be successful just because it is a spin off of FFVII.

However, I shouldn't judge until I've played it, and I've heard it's a slash'em up, like DMC (please correct me if it isn't a slash'em up) so I guess it may be fun.

DarkKaiser said:
IT WILL BE CRAP!!! Most spin off games are, and yeah ok Vincent was pretty cool, but he was such a **** character to have on your team on FFVII. Even Cait Sith was better and nobody used him! It will probably be successful just because it is a spin off of FFVII.

However, I shouldn't judge until I've played it, and I've heard it's a slash'em up, like DMC (please correct me if it isn't a slash'em up) so I guess it may be fun.

to be honest...your wrong about all spin-ff games being crap..i can't name them..but there is actually decent spin-off games out there...you just have to look harder :lol:

Arbalest said:
DarkKaiser said:

to be honest...your wrong about all spin-ff games being crap..i can't name them..but there is actually decent spin-off games out there...you just have to look harder :lol:

(At the risk of causing controversy...) X-2? (Flinches...)

Dunno if you'd class it as a spin off cos its really more of a sequel (but hey, they're similar!) Well, anyway, I liked X-2 and I know a few others on the forum do too. It's also a spin off done by Square, so I've got a good feeling about Dirge of Cerebus...

At the risk of causing controversy...) X-2? (Flinches...)

Dunno if you'd class it as a spin off cos its really more of a sequel (but hey, they're similar!) Well, anyway, I liked X-2 and I know a few others on the forum do too. It's also a spin off done by Square, so I've got a good feeling about Dirge of Cerebus...

I'm sorry but X-2 was terrible. One of the first enemies you fought was a behemoth, I mean come on, when you fought them on previous FFs you would think ohhh ****! In X-2, it was a pethetic enemy. It was a pethetic game, with some really bad characters and stupid story. But everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Arbalest said:
DarkKaiser said:

Sorry to be a perfectionist but I did say that most spin offs are crap, not all. Sorry to sound fussy :(

x-2 was not a spin-off...it was in fact a sequel..the only one so far for an FF game...advent children doesn't really count as that is a film instead of a game. i liked x-2..it as different...and..yes it wasn't as long as the first FFX...but still it did provide some challenges even though it was a more cute and playful FF.

Ummm... I know, but thats not what I meant. In your post you said I said ALL spin offs, when I clearly said MOST. Sorry to sound like a perfectionist again.

Also, X-2 is a reason why you should never have a sequel to an RPG, (well a direct sequel). First, where have all the stats gone? and second, thay normally have poo characters.

oi now look im kinda of FF freak so your anything you say bad about em im gonna disagree and kill ya (only joking mate.lol)

but seriously mate im gonna tell you what i tell everyone who keeps beating the "ffx-2 was a shite sequel drum" im sorry you didnt like the game but if you dont like it dont talk about dont winge about it dont play it im aware this doesnt full apply to you as your only stateing your opinion which we are all entitled to

but i belive you said your part now can we get back onto THIS game FFVIII sequel/remake aint got a fat lot to do with FFX/X-2

but i think yeah this could be good i mean i really think there will be a re-make of FVIII the whole intro is done on ps3 hardware and there improving it and i mean why choose FVIII theres alot of people rave about 8 and 10 so why not re-do them

**prays to SQsoft please oh pleasebring us FFVIII on ps3 but let me save aeris

Bluedragon said:
i mean why choose FVIII theres alot of people rave about 8 and 10 so why not re-do them

**prays to SQsoft please oh pleasebring us FFVIII on ps3 but let me save aeris

I'm assuming you mean FFVII - FFVIII is Final Fantasy 8, which I would actually prefer to see a remake or sequel of than 7, although I'm not entirely sure where the story should go seeing as the ending's divided into those who can be bothered for the credits to finish and those who can't :wink:

If a remake of any FF game was made I would love to see it actually reMADE i.e. full rendered graphics, new aspects of gameplay, additional storyline etc. Not to change the game entirely, but bring it into the 21st century. Then and only then would I see any point in putting FFVII on the PS3.

Last edited by a moderator:
there has already been remakes of FF games, FFI + II are remade onto the gameboy advance..with slight variations in gameplay..and FFIV is also been remade as well. but i agree..if FFVII was to be remade..it should be exactly the same game but with better graphics and maybe small additions to the storyline..nothing else.

Back