FF VII: Advent Children Complete to be released in the UK

chaos

The Boss
The popular franchise Final Fantasy has a new addition on UK market. <b>Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete</b> has a confirmed release date for the 27th of July in Blu Ray.

The highly anticipated Director's Cut includes Over 1000 Updated Scenes, 26 Minutes of New Footage, an All-New Anime Short and a Sneak Preview of the FINAL FANTASY XIII Video Game.

Confirmed extras include:
- Featurettes:
- Legacy of FINAL FANTASY VII
- Reminiscence of FINAL FANTASY VII
- Reminiscence of FINAL FANTASY VII COMPILATION
- Original Anime Short Film On The Way To A Smile - Episode: Denzel
- FINAL FANTASYVII: ADVENT CHILDREN COMPLETE trailers
- FINAL FANTASY XIII video game sneak peak: a brand new trailer for the long awaited game being released in 2009 in Japan

The demo was never planned for getting a BD demo release over here from what SquEnix announced only a couple weeks back, but if they are to give us a demo then they said they'd look into the downloading via PSN and XBL Marketplace if they do. They've still not confirmed a demo for us too, they just hinted really at this or that.

I'll be honest when i say i'm a bit tempted to pick it up to see if the 26 minutes of extra content redeems its former version, also the denzel anime episode will be an interesting watch as well i think.

RetroRainbow said:
I AM GOING TO BUY IT BECAUSE I AM ONE OF SQUARE-ENIX'S MANY PUPPETS WHO DROOLS OVER ANYTHING VII RELATED AND EVEN BUYS POINTLESS SPIN-OFFS (not looking at Dirge of Cerberus, of course)

CitizenGeek said:
WHY DO YOU DEFY ME AND NOT SAY NICE THINGS? I WANT GOOD POSTERS

I still haven't bothered even downloading it. 30 minutes of extra footage won't transform what was a fanservice mess, with a plot that made zero sense and was over ever an excuse for Sephiroth to destroy buildings into a good movie. And I don't give a toss about Denzel.

Give me a FFVII anime (canon) and I'd watched it. Give me more Zack and I'd probably watch it. But Advent Children, with 30 minutes extra added and a back-story to a character who might as well not have a name? Thanks but no thanks.

Not that what I think about Advent Children Complete really matters to SE - I can't play Blu-rays. :D

Aion said:
I still haven't bothered even downloading it. 30 minutes of extra footage won't transform what was a fanservice mess, with a plot that made zero sense and was over ever an excuse for Sephiroth to destroy buildings into a good movie. And I don't give a toss about Denzel.

Ditto. AC gets away with (literary) murder because it's a an FFVII title.
It's a poor poor title that sold because of it's name, not because of it's quality.
It sits in the back of my closet.

I'll be picking this up whenever I decide to get a PS3 :]

It's funny to see the kind of passion that goes into hating this movie for uncommonly silly reasons. "It wasn't a good stand-alone title!", "too much fanservice!", "it's too connected to Final Fantasy VII!". Advent Children wasn't trying to be a stand-alone title, it's a sequel. It's a sequel, of course there's fanservice. And it's a sequel to Final Fantasy VII. These critiques are just brazenly stupid. I think some people need to start understanding the concept of a sequel. I wonder whether I should trust a couple of FFVII fans who are embittered that Yuffie and Tifa weren't the main characters, or MetaCritic (which gives it an average rating of 88/100) or the millions of people who bought the DVD (and will buy AC:C), making it by far and away the most successful anime of the year of it's release?

@CitizenGeek: I'll be honest, it will be interesting to see how well it sells when its released, how many disliked the film beforehand and want nothing to do with it now, those that didn't like it, but want to see if this improves it(i fit in here), or those that like it and fit into similar categories as for those that didn't.

Why it sold well in japan could be down to two things, XIII demo or AC:C, sales numbers can't help to say which is which, only that it sold well. I personally will be looking into getting it for the added stuff and the denzel episode. I don't see it being the most successful anime on release, i expect there will be no question that it will sell well, but most successful, will be under question i think.

You're saying that, because it's a sequel to a popular title, substance doesn't matter - all that's needed is enough flash to appease FFVII fans. That, even for you, is retarded logic. In all my time seeing you whine like a bitch about people bashing the over-rated piece of **** that is AC, you've never once put forward an argument that's been able to defend against any of the attacks made against it, and that's because you can't defend a title that fails as story because it had no story - just a ton of fanservice.

As a sequel it added nothing to the story. Cloud had already found the resolve at the end of FFVII to push forward with his life, not letting the loss of Aeris pull him down. That's the reason he beat Sephiroth at the end of the first game - he found the inner strength required to overcome his rival and save world. It made zero sense for him to have reverted back to emo mode in AC, not having the willpower to do anything because, despite living with a woman with breasts that could suffocate him, he wanted to think more about an ironing board.

I won't get started on the FFVII villains appearing out of nowhere part not making sense because they would've been at the reunion in FFVII, or how it made no sense for a dead person to take the form of someone else. The dead don't come back to life...unless the film in question is AC and characters who died in the proper story get revived for shits and giggles.

As for Yuffie, she wasn't a main character - she was an extra with a fun sidequest involving her stealing materia from the party. She had no significance to the story and that's why you can beat the game without ever encountering her. The same goes for Vincent but, unlike her, his past did tie-in strongly with that of Sephiroth, which made him not seem like a filler character.

Aion said:
You're saying that, because it's a sequel to a popular title, substance doesn't matter - all that's needed is enough flash to appease FFVII fans. That, even for you, is retarded logic.

While we're on that subject, how's being embarrassingly incapable of even a simple interpretation of a few of my sentences for retarded? If you're going to just invent opinions and assign them to me, there isn't much point in debating or discussing anything, is there? Maybe you should, for once, grow up and stop acting like a spoiled child lying and misleading your way through arguments like you do time after time. You are by far the most intellectually dishonest poster on this forum and if you continue with your nonsense I'll soon stop entertaining your strawmen.

In all my time seeing you whine like a bitch about people bashing the over-rated piece of **** that is AC, you've never once put forward an argument that's been able to defend against any of the attacks made against it, and that's because you can't defend a title that fails as story because it had no story - just a ton of fanservice.

You're absurdly transparent. Just because the story didn't centre on buxom Tifa or teenage Yuffie you claim there is "no story". Actually, if you weren't so busy crying over the lack of female leads, you'd have noticed that the story centred on Cloud Strife, who was actually the main character in FFVII, remember?

As a sequel it added nothing to the story. Cloud had already found the resolve at the end of FFVII to push forward with his life, not letting the loss of Aeris pull him down. That's the reason he beat Sephiroth at the end of the first game - he found the inner strength required to overcome his rival and save world. It made zero sense for him to have reverted back to emo mode in AC, not having the willpower to do anything because, despite living with a woman with breasts that could suffocate him, he wanted to think more about an ironing board.

You claim FFVII is your all-time favourite game yet you display such a stunningly superficial understanding of the plot. I'm almost embarrassed for you. You're saying the source of Cloud's emotional turmoil was entirely centred on Aerith; yet even a 5-year-old would notice that Cloud had issues before he even meets Aerith in the game. Obviously, Cloud has deeper problems than just Aerith, and he resolves them by the end of the movie. He is forced to take responsibility for the people he cares for in AC, and as a result he grows and matures as a character. He also had unresolved issues with Zack and such, and through a few emotionally touching scenes with Aerith and Zack in the lifestream, he overcomes these problems too. Did you actually watch the movie or did you just rage through it after you worked out that Tifa's breasts weren't the central characters?

I won't get started on the FFVII villains appearing out of nowhere part not making sense because they would've been at the reunion in FFVII, or how it made no sense for a dead person to take the form of someone else. The dead don't come back to life...unless the film in question is AC and characters who died in the proper story get revived for shits and giggles.

Oh yeah, because the dead coming back to life is just completely non-plausible in FFVII's world of planet hijacking, 2,000 year old aliens, underground sentient streams of pure life, human experimentation and cloning and magic, right? Again, did you actually play FFVII or just spend the duration of the game oogling Tifa? Pathetic ;]

As for Yuffie, she wasn't a main character - she was an extra with a fun sidequest involving her stealing materia from the party. She had no significance to the story and that's why you can beat the game without ever encountering her. The same goes for Vincent but, unlike her, his past did tie-in strongly with that of Sephiroth, which made him not seem like a filler character.

They were cameos, put in there for the fans. So what? What's the big deal? I don't understand why people can't overcome the fact that - shock! horror! - a sequel makes some reference to the characters of the media that preceded it.

I'm not misinterpreting anything here. And if I was, which I'm not, it'd be your fault because your sentences lack clarity as a result of you trying to argue in favour of what is a terrible film from a story standpoint.

You argued against people bashing AC because it has too much much fan service and wasn't good as a standalone film. So, you were saying that it doesn't matter if it has too much fan service and can't be considered a decent film based on its own merits. How the hell else was I supposed to interpret those comments?

I would advise you to learn to express yourself better but that isn't the problem - you're just throwing insults at me because you're upset that you can't think up a decent counter-argument to anything I said. It almost brings a tear to my eye...

You're absurdly transparent. Just because the story didn't centre on buxom Tifa or teenage Yuffie you claim there is "no story". Actually, if you weren't so busy crying over the lack of female leads, you'd have noticed that the story centred on Cloud Strife, who was actually the main character in FFVII, remember?

...What on earth? lol.

Yeah, I jacked off a lot over Tifa when I played the game on the PS1. Those big boobies, with nipples poking through... The game really highligted her assets with those HD graphics. And the horse hands were hot as ****.

Once again, you show you have a brain the size of a squirrel (they're cuter than you, mind) by not realizing that my comment about Tifa and Aeris' assets was on off-hand joke. Can you even pick up on sarcasm at all?

You're saying the source of Cloud's emotional turmoil was entirely centred on Aerith; yet even a 5-year-old would notice that Cloud had issues before he even meets Aerith in the game.

Well, to tell you the truth Geek, I did notice something odd that's bothered me about Cloud since I started FFVII: the size of his sword. I'm not one to talk about the size of another mans manhood but, when a guy uses a weapon that's bigger than himself for no real reason, it must mean he has issues down there.

Zack probably also had penis issues, the buster sword originally being his and all.

As for you feeling embarrassed on my behalf, don't worry - I'd be more humiliated if I were you and I read through my posts. You think you're a FFVII expert of sorts, arguing against anyone who attacks your beloved obsessions, yet you're actually clueless. 'Tis impressive.

Cloud came to terms with his past after coming out of his coma, towards the end of FFVII. He told the crew; his friends everything and for the first time since his encounter with Sephiroth he knew who he was. His friends accepted him, he accepted himself and, together, they saved the world from Jenova, Sephiroth and the asteriod of doom. He was all set to live on, with Aeris' memory in his heart and Tifa as his present.

FFVII was intended to be a single game, with nothing else added on. As such, the story was complete, character development and all, by the time the game ended. The only thing left to do without coming up with rubbish (like AC) was to fill in holes present in the original story (like LA). If FFVII hadn't been such a hit and hadn't become a huuuuge cash cow, there wouldn't have been any sequels to the original, and that's because there shouldn't have been anything left to cover in a sequel.

The movie tried to work in elements from the game by regressing Cloud back to the way he was before the end of the game, throwing in visualizations of Aeris and Zack and, of course, ending with a Cloud vs. Sephiroth fight, but there was nothing else. A disease involving Jenova that wasn't explained at all and random filler villains who were never explained because they shouldn't have existed - that's all AC offered in terms of new content. I repeat, it didn't have a story - just a bad mix of completed plot elements from the game and unexplained new elements that were just thrown in to make it a sequel.

Y'know Geek, you really should leave this forum. No-one likes you, most think of you as a bigger prick than me and, to be perfectly honestly, you're an opinionated dumbfuck who can't back up what he says and, instead, is only able to string out arguments without giving up. Even here you've failed to shut me up by explaining the wonderful plot of Advent Children, with you instead opting to show your lack of general FFVII knowledge instead by suggesting completed game plot elements weren't complete already.

I'll leave you to it now. I hope you like Complete, by the way.

Edit: Still on topic, this is how I picture you when you were 13 and still in denial:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xddhKQje41M&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xddhKQje41M&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

/mature

CitizenGeek said:
While we're on that subject, how's being embarrassingly incapable of even a simple interpretation of a few of my sentences for retarded? If you're going to just invent opinions and assign them to me, there isn't much point in debating or discussing anything, is there? Maybe you should, for once, grow up and stop acting like a spoiled child lying and misleading your way through arguments like you do time after time. You are by far the most intellectually dishonest poster on this forum and if you continue with your nonsense I'll soon stop entertaining your strawmen.

Wow dude, calm down. We're all entitled to our opinion, don't need to go around insulting each other.
Lets at least have a civil discussion of the qualities of AC.

I like how Aion conceded the point about Sephiroth returning from the dead not being that far-fetched in the FFVII world but instead of acknowledging that, resorted to homophobia and calling me a "prick" :]

I wonder if AUKN prefers my FF debates or your emo whining about life and all that? There's no point in debating with you, Aion, you're a sore loser and a nasty piece of work. It's no wonder both Eurogamer and AUKN have banned you in the past ;]

::sighs::

I think the only way this will ever end is Bright Slaps all round.

bright_slap1.jpg

(one of the few Gundam demotivational posters that isn't mine)

Back