Favourite Anime and Manga from 2011 with Anime UK News

Rui said:
The stuff about the ending of Usagi Drop really annoyed me; as soon as it started airing everyone kept dropping hints about the ending which even the most innocent person could draw conclusions from (and some outright spoiled it). Which particularly sucked for me as I wasn't even viewing the stream, I was collecting the English manga which has been coming out slowly.

I wish they could at least have kept their mouths shut until the anime finished its run, rather than launching all of the spoilers in impressions of the very first episode.

Rant over!

R
If it was my domain to say so, I'd totaly just make the anime's ending the only dominion.
Also, people had a ligitimate fear for that show, if that show had gone for the manga's ending, it would have destroyed Noitamana's worth as a block.

Also, Sailor Moon destroying the manga charts was just magical. Normally that sort of thing happens and nothing good comes of it. Here (and not to validate whoever call it was to not release it before now) the fans had been whipped to a frenzy and frenzy was what they got.

I actually couldn't decide between two different scenarios for the manga's ending based on hints dropped by... everyone... but either way, the anime handled itself very well, and the actual manga ending isn't as bad as either of the scenarios I guessed at. :lol: Definitely a poor show from everyone who rushed to show their indignation and spoiled the manga for people like Rui, though.

--

The article was a very good read, I was worried there would be no focus at all on stuff actually from 2011, but there were enough of you watching streams to give a good balance.

Literally, literally can't believe that F/Z beat out T&B for Rui, though. :eek:

The Geek Show as named Usagi Drop as the best anime of the year, although it should be pointed out that: "This list is for anime only. Aspects like the continuation of a story in a manga/novel, controversial endings, etc, are irrelevant."

ilmaestro said:
Literally, literally can't believe that F/Z beat out T&B for Rui, though. :eek:

Haha, it was very close but Fate/Zero won out on seiyuu and sheer number of adorable characters :D

I think I'm also slightly more excited about the second cour of F/Z than I am about the Tiger & Bunny movies, though my tune may change as soon as I start seeing new promotional artwork of Barnaby draped over things (preferably Kotetsu).

R

The fickleness of you fangirls amazes me at times. :p

Ian Wolf said:
The Geek Show as named Usagi Drop as the best anime of the year, although it should be pointed out that: "This list is for anime only. Aspects like the continuation of a story in a manga/novel, controversial endings, etc, are irrelevant."
I can't help but read that as "we want the extra page hits from making a slightly controversial pick, but we don't want to actually have to engage on discussion of the topic".

Back