Favorite FF Game and Most Hated FF game

There will be no VII remake on the PS3, they've said this countless times.

But for those of you who want to keep dreaming, there's a great article on GameSpot that explains what Square should do in the remake in order to keep it as great as the original but refreshing enough to play again. Do some digging up and I'm sure you'll find it.

I remember the really old GameBoy one, what was it called again? Mystic Quest, or was that on another format? I've confused myself.

The gameboy Final Fantasy Adventure/Mystic Quest was actually the prequel to Secret of Mana for the SNES. It's known as MQ in Euroland and FFA in the states.

Final Fantasy Mystic Quest is a SNES game, confusingly, and was an attempt at making an entry-level RPG. It's been known as Final Fantasy USA to some, though it wasn't produced in the US.

I loved both, particularly the music.

My favourite is FFX and my worst is FFX-2 as its so bad its offensive.

I also really like FFVIII and Crystal Chronicles (although the gameplay was a bit flawed) and i don't really like FFVII much.

I can never work out why everyone loves ff7 so much.

On the ps1 it was a 3d ff but it doesn't really seem all that diffrent from the others :?

X_nick_X said:
I can never work out why everyone loves ff7 so much.

On the ps1 it was a 3d ff but it doesn't really seem all that diffrent from the others :?

Its because FF7 is actually the Best stroyline game ever in FF.... Look at the Aerith's scene, it was unpredictable that time and was pretty much the case it made FF7 popular

World being ripped apart and changed drastically at the will of another person>>>Some guy wanting the world to be destroyed.

Besides, it's not like Aerith was useful.

Lupus Inu said:
World being ripped apart and changed drastically at the will of another person>>>Some guy wanting the world to be destroyed.

Besides, it's not like Aerith was useful.

Yeah, but when you think about it, he just thought he was doing right and wipe out all the Humans, so the world will survive and repopulate the world with other beings who would do no Harm...

That was Sephiroth's dream, hardly any storyline has them kind of villains.

The abyss, although it's rare to see that kind of thing, FF VII is not stand alone for the story of humans going to be wiped out.

Gallus Glee said:
The gameboy Final Fantasy Adventure/Mystic Quest was actually the prequel to Secret of Mana for the SNES.
Even more confusing is how it was considered a 'Final Fantasy Sidestory' even in Japan at the time. There are FF elements in the Gameboy version that pretty much qualify it as an FF game to the same degree as something like, Final Fantasy Tactics or Crystal Chronicles or what have you. It's probably the earliest example of the franchise becoming a cash-cow...

Didn't know that Seiken Densetsu/FF Adventure = Mystic Quest here, and the real MQ was 'Mystic Quest Legend'. With a franchise title like that, it's easy to see why Final Fantasy didn't take off over here until Final Fantasy 7 (which answers why FF7 is so popular to an extent. It was the first FF that most Europeans tried. The same goes for any FF game at the beginning of console's lifetime, because when people just get the console, they're more likely to be receptive to the latest new thing and try something they haven't before. This is why FF10 isn't disowned like it probably should be. :p)

Mavez-San said:
FFVII Best game ever created, always has been and always will be!

Agreed, amazing story, brilliant characters and the materia equip screen/function has never been better designed in my opinion.

I dont get bored of 7 8 or 10, ive completed all at least twice, i just love playing through the storys and re-living those legendary moments again and again, am i the only one that does this ? lol. I ve started playing 7 again because i have the PC version and playing FF7 with better graphics feels SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good, and afterwards ill play FF8 on the pc, then 10 again on the ps2, :D

pomtry said:
love ffx great story
hate ffx-2 hated the plot the story should have ended in ff x and just a complete waist of time

FFX has a quality story, the end got to me though where Tidus and Yuna part ways

Back