Favorite FF Game and Most Hated FF game

Ammish

Stand User
Okay, I'm setted this topic up to see many different types of FF fans.

Favorite: Final Fantasy 7- Go cloud and Vincent. And the story is the best, especially when I cried at Aeris' death

Hated: Final Fantasy 8- Didn't like the story and Laguna suck

Whats your favorite FF

If FF:VIII didn't have that crappy system it'd be good.

Best game: Easily VI.
Worst: X-2 It's painful, it's got no Nobuo, it's Charlies Angel's, the job changing system during battles sucks.

Best: V. Probably the last of being an 'old school RPG' for the FF series, DQ took over that title after then. The last one Sakaguchi himself directed, so I'm guessing that's the reason. (On a related note Blue Dragon is supposed to play like a 'next-gen FF5', due to Sakaguchi directing it, so I'm really anticipating that game)

Worst: X-2. Easily the biggest dissapointment of this generation, it was a cash-in rehash running off the success of the first. In a word, rehash.

Favourite? Probably Final Fantasy VII (aren't I original?!). VIII and IX are close though (McIcy, I LOVE number IX lol).

Most disiked? Thus far, all the Final Fantasy games I've played (spin-offs included) have all been excellent (I prefered X's story and narrative to X2 but I prefered the gameplay mechanics in the latter superior with all the dress sphere stuff).

VI is very, very good too.

I'm really, really looking forward to XII mind you.

I think with XI SaqureEnix made a huge mistake making it an online-themed RPG. They should have just done a "normal" major adventure to keep it coherent with what came before (in my opinion).

Tell you what did surprise me. I was turfing through the old threads and I'm pretty staggered that a thread like this wasn't created previously.

Keyblade unlocked the door here!

well i am not a big FF fan but heres is mine.

Fave = Final Fantasy Tactics Advance = ftw
(i also really liked X-2 despite what many of you are saying about it. i really enjoyed it i mean, it wasnt serious and emo like X, it had a pretty upbeat atmosphere, battle system was pretty good with the dressphere thing, lots of side quests .but story was lame)

worst = hmmmm i seriously don't know...but from what little i have played it may have to be FF8...that game just seemd so dull to me. i dont know why but i just couldnt get into it.

Favourite, i dunno really, but worst for me was probably XI. As i have said before, X-2 i did like even though most of you thought quite the opposite. The battle system was good, and there was quite a bit to do though as ninja boy said, the story wasn't that great.

Favourite was VIII, with X very close behind :3
Hated was X-2, it was awful D: The music didn't do much for me either )':
Crystal Chronicals for that matter was really freaking CRAP. I absolutley hated it.

Hovis! said:
I think with XI SaqureEnix made a huge mistake making it an online-themed RPG. They should have just done a "normal" major adventure to keep it coherent with what came before (in my opinion).

Totally agree with you there, it was a monumental mistake, all the Final Fantasy fans who didn't have broadband were just hung out to dry, lets hope they don't try this again shall we

Rukario said:
I swear to god, if FF:XIII involves some form of Crystal as the major plotline I'm going to scream

Awwwwwwwww why put yourslef through this you know its usually about some sort of meteor or world ending, although XIII will be set in the future and they are upgrading the weapon system for it making them dual use kinda like the Gunblade in VIII. Plus its a techno future setting which I like the idea of

Best: Tactics. Because there's actually a game there and Ramza drinks Milk. Best 'numbered' FF for me would have to be 6, but at the end of the day, I find it increasingly hard to stomach RPG 'gameplay'.

Worst: Final Fantasy X-2. Technically, Final Fantasy II is the most unplayable of the lot, but X-2 is the worst simply in principle. It was completely unnecessary and signalled the start of a new, money-grabbing FF strategy that rehashed old ideas and digital assets and tied them together with a disinteresting and tired plot.

For the record: Final Fantasy XI should be aplauded because for an MMORPG it was actually reasonably good. Furthermore, it's the last example of Square actually doing something adventurous with the brand, and probably the biggest leap of faith in the history of the company (perhaps Spirits Within was a bigger leap. But FFXI wasn't ****.) It simply shouldn't have been a numbered game though. Why wasn't it 'Final Fantasy Online' or something?

Favourite Final Fantasy game would have to be Final Fantasy VII and my most hated is a hard one but I would probably have to go with Final Fantasy VIII.

Nemphtis said:
Favourite Final Fantasy game would have to be Final Fantasy VII and my most hated is a hard one but I would probably have to go with Final Fantasy VIII.

Yay, someone agree that FF8 is a load of crap. Now, you're joining the FF7 club, like it or not.

Back