FAVE AND HATED SPORTS

Nyu said:
Hyaku said:
I was generalising, like a lot of people do.

Nevertheless, I'd say that was fairly accurate.

[Dr Cox] EEEEEEEEEEEEEEGGGGGGHHHHH Wrong, try again [Dr Cox]

The amount of football riots against the amount of rioting/unruly behavior of other sporting events says I'm quite right; as the fans often do reflect the players.

I love football and watch it when ever its on TV, I do have agree the forgain players are a bunch of pansies and fall over if the grass hasnt been freshly cut and the european refs have something against English clubs in europe (Spurs against Seville). I have no idea why I like football, I guess being brought up watching it Ive been brain washed. True there a few thugs in the game which the FA sould crack down on them harder as well as blatent divers, Im looking at you Ronaldo and Robben, but apart from these minorites its dam good to see a player of Gerrards quality send a rocket into the top right from 35 yards.

But opinions are opinions and you'll never change others minds no matter how much you argue, religion keeps proving that time and time again.

Nyu said:
Hyaku said:

[Dr Cox] Your wrong your wrong, your wrong your wrong, your wrong your wrong, your wroonng, your wroonng, YOOOUURRRR WRRRROOOOONNNNGGGG. [Dr Cox] 8)

Not really into sports, I like the violence of Ice Hockey and the excitment of Superbike Racing, but I only really watch either when I am bored.

Football, is a waste of money, bunch of over paid nancies running around pulling injuries so they get to go home early.

McIcy said:
Not really into sports, I like the violence of Ice Hockey and the excitment of Superbike Racing, but I only really watch either when I am bored.

Football, is a waste of money, bunch of over paid nancies running around pulling injuries so they get to go home early.

Not to mention it's boring.

Those 90 minute pissings are a snoozefest. :wink:

Hyaku said:
McIcy said:

Not to mention it's boring.

Those 90 minute pissings are a snoozefest. :wink:

Yeah and the BBC waste licence money on this crap, as far as I am concerned Sky can keep all the sports cause that way tv can be freed up for some hopefully better tv

I prefer to play football than watch it. I whent to my first football game a couple of months ago and fell asleep through it. I dont see how I managed to though with all the screaming fans

Hyaku said:
Nyu said:
Hyaku said:

The amount of football riots against the amount of rioting/unruly behavior of other sporting events says I'm quite right; as the fans often do reflect the players.

Just stop talking now, while you may not like football there is not truth nor fact behind any of your statements. What you are talking about thugs and organised gangs who have nothing to do with, nor do people want anything to do with the game of football.

Well even though I don't agree with most of what Hyaku is saying i'd say that football is the most violent sport in this country and that is down to the fans(of course not all fans mind). There are groups of people who purposely get into fights at football games as a source of entertainment and that's a fact.

Nyu said:
Hyaku said:
Nyu said:
Hyaku said:

Just stop talking now, while you may not like football there is not truth nor fact behind any of your statements. What you are talking about thugs and organised gangs who have nothing to do with, nor do people want anything to do with the game of football.

When was the last time you saw rioting fans at a golf/snooker/basketball/tennis match?

Hyaku said:
When was the last time you saw rioting fans at a golf/snooker/basketball/tennis match?

Basket ball, what you forgetting all the games where players have brawled each other and i cant remember but it was last year a player and fans started attacking each other?

Snooker doesnt count when every fan has a bus pass. Golf, tiger woods rugby tackled a guy. Tennis, john mackinroe?

no sport is perfect.

Some people need to get their facts straight before they start slaging sports they clearly dont know anything about.

Some of the statements here are just plain lies.

Nyu said:
Hyaku said:

Basket ball, what you forgetting all the games where players have brawled each other and i cant remember but it was last year a player and fans started attacking each other?

Snooker doesnt count when every fan has a bus pass. Golf, tiger woods rugby tackled a guy. Tennis, john mackinroe?

no sport is perfect.

Those examples are rarities though, rioting and violence etc in football is as common as puppy **** on a carpet.

I predicted even before reading this thread that it would contain a rant about football! As for myself, I love football. I've played it since I can remember (5 years old?) and some of the greatest moments in my life have come playing the game (I scored 8 goals in one game, got on the back of the local newspaper with a color photo and headline!). I still play every Sunday and am considering taking it up on Saturday too.

For some people to say it takes no skill to play the game, boggles the mind. If you believe that, you should be playing in the Premiership earning £100,000 a week. It's a game that requires skill, coordination, fitness and strength - not to mention a cool mind under pressure.

Paul said:
I predicted even before reading this thread that it would contain a rant about football! As for myself, I love football. I've played it since I can remember (5 years old?) and some of the greatest moments in my life have come playing the game (I scored 8 goals in one game, got on the back of the local newspaper with a color photo and headline!). I still play every Sunday and am considering taking it up on Saturday too.

For some people to say it takes no skill to play the game, boggles the mind. If you believe that, you should be playing in the Premiership earning £100,000 a week. It's a game that requires skill, coordination, fitness and strength - not to mention a cool mind under pressure.

You clearly have a passion for the game and therefore are actually speaking sense and logic unlike most people on this topic.

Football rules.
Never miss a skysports super sunday.

I can see why so many people reject football. It's a game that represents England's popular culture and for whatever reason, a lot of people feel alienated and/or rejected by that culture. Football takes the brunt of that anger.

i don't really mind football, i used to play when i was younger, being the keeper for the first school i was at..was pretty good, but i kinda stopped after a while. When it comes to watching it, i don't support a team, bar scotland, so when i watch it, i don't tend to be bothered who scores.

As for other sports, i know many don't like golf, but i have pratically grown up playing it since i was two. And i do watch it on occasion but its not as good as going out and playing golf yourself. I watch tennis sometimes, was never good at it myself.

Unless Scotland are playing, I don't watch football much. I may watch a game if it's on in the pub or if my big brother invites me out to the pub to watch a game, but this doesn't happen often. Football is better to participate in. Other fun sports would be basketball, rock climbing and badminton.

I hate golf, curling and darts.

Back