Farewell, Sega.

Max Takeshi

Great Teacher
On the eve of E3 2012, we are able to learn, according to our sources deemed credible, that Sega Europe should close down in the coming months and all local branches in Europe as Sega France. This is partly a consequence of the ineffectiveness of the strategy Sega for several years is to develop games by Western developers. In the aftermath, Sega should also announce, according to these sources, not to develop AAA games on consoles, but to focus on games and mobile phones dematerialized particular tablet. The last headline Sega developed by Creative Assembly will be presented at the 2012 E3 in a few days. For information, remind that Sega has announced that it will not be at GamesCom 2012.

http://www.gamekyo.com/newsfr46962_sega-europe-devrait-annoncer-sa-fermeture.html

Sad day for Sega and the industry as a whole. IF it's true.

IF.

This isn't really that surprising, considering how poorly SEGA have been performing lately (in fact, didn't they recently cancel all non-AAA titles?).

So is this just SEGA Europe, or all of SEGA?

ilmaestro said:
Rumor confirmed as false - SEGA actually died years ago.

I'd agree, especially with all the crap they continued to desecrate a certain blue mascot with, but the yakuza series remains a strong franchise (though I haven't played dead souls so that opinion could change.) Sonic Generations and Binary Domain are probably two of my favourite games of the last 12 months.

I don't intend to play Dead Souls (fed up of zombies being included in everything nowadays) but I do really like the Yakuza games so I hope they still make those.

Back