Fabula Nova Crystallis: Final Fantasy Xiii

spaceage9 said:
Nah man. The FF games r usually quite good. It's disappointing, the way they r playing with the release date...

I know what you mean I wish I had a 100% correct release date so I have something to look forward to next year

X_nick_X said:
Not just sold out with 70+ games...

Forgive me for playing Devil's advocate, but what's the difference between Square releasing a load of FF branded games and Nintendo doing the same with Mario? :)

Mario games are simplistic and don't run out of ideas? The peak of FF series is VI, then the rest followed nearly as great until X. =O

Cool FFversus13 trailer. The main character looks so cool, That and FF13 will keep me occupied for KH3. I just damn hope FF7 remake is true and SE will make it, I love that game.

Go ffversus13!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rukario said:
Mario games are simplistic and don't run out of ideas? The peak of FF series is VI, then the rest followed nearly as great until X. =O

Um NO mario ran out of ideas when they resurrected King Kuppa or King Bowser or whatever they are now calling him and then recolour and reorganise the levels and label it a sequel, Mario 1,2,3 Yoshi etc etc etc games are the same game.

FF VII was the peak game in the FF series

Finally each final fantasy game has new and unique character and not 2 plumbers some fungus, a tart and a slug with legs

Yeah, Mario ran out of ideas when Square did to create a good movie for the sequal to FF:VII which was full of fight scenes and like two minutes worth or plotline, Oh ****, Sephiroth is coming back and he's a Super One Winged Angel! VII is not better than mario, re-using the same crappy villian, besides the theme One-Winged-Angel being a rip off of Carl Orff's stuff. Let's also remember X-2, that game was so bad, any game could beat that sequal easily.

Rukario said:
Yeah, Mario ran out of ideas when Square did to create a good movie for the sequal to FF:VII which was full of fight scenes and like two minutes worth or plotline, Oh ****, Sephiroth is coming back and he's a Super One Winged Angel! VII is not better than mario, re-using the same crappy villian, besides the theme One-Winged-Angel being a rip off of Carl Orff's stuff. Let's also remember X-2, that game was so bad, any game could beat that sequal easily.

If your gonna throw X-2 at me (which I liked) I will have to throw Dr. Mario and oh no Wario at you, I mean come on they ran out of King Kuppa rip-offs so they decided to just use Mario as the bad guy instead and give him a bit of a name change

7zark7 said:
Forgive me for playing Devil's advocate, but what's the difference between Square releasing a load of FF branded games and Nintendo doing the same with Mario? :)

Not much. They're both extremely milked franchises with hit-and-miss titles.

Both Super Mario world games are rather better than their forebears, Yoshi's Island in particular. Anyone who believes that game gives them the same old experience is either talking out of their bum, or out of their bum whilst having never played the game in the first place. Whilst it's fair to say that Mario is a much of a flogged horse as Final Fantasy, I don't think FF has ever put out the kind of blips of well-designed brilliance that Mario does to redeem itself so often. If you play an FF game, the next you play won't be significantly different no matter how much you enjoy it.
McIcy said:
Finally each final fantasy game has new and unique character and not 2 plumbers some fungus, a tart and a slug with legs
Not really. Final Fantasy games rehash the same characters again and again. Females in Final Fantasy are particularly poor. There are only ever three of them in your party, even in a game like FF6 which has 14 party members. There is always the saintly virginal one (often a princess, usually a healer, nearly always the love interest) [Rosa, Reina, Terra, Aeris, Rinoa, Garnet, Yuna], the more aggressive one (often older, skilled in Black Magic or some kind of weapon, usually with some kind of pain in their past or some unrequited love) [Rydia, Faris, Celes, Tifa, Quistis, Freya, Lulu, Paine] and the younger, "spunky" one (by far the most consistant and predictable. They nearly always have some terrible tragedy in their past) [Porom, Krile, Relm, Yuffie, Selphie, Eiko, Rikku]. Sure, the Mario characters are largely little cut outs of characters, but no one has ever played a platformer for its story, and I shudder to think that anyone has ever played a Role Playing Game for its gameplay, so FF has that much more of a responsibility to offer interesting characters.

Back