Expensive Obsession

AnimeEnchanter

Dandy Guy, in Space
i can never seem to stop buying anime and manga. its reallymakin me frustrated. cus i want to save my money but i want to buy and buy and buy. plus im gonna have to start payin board to my mum and step dad.
im always worried that someone else will get what i want and i wont get it till its in stock again so i go and buy it and sometimes it's hard to stop buyin more then i shud. :cry:
know what i mean. :?

is there anyone else out there who is exactly the same. :eek:

i used to be like that a year ago when i used to buy all seire that came out but i had to stop to pay for college and bills. ive start watching fansubs more now.

Perhaps if i had any money at all i would be like that, but i rely on my parents charity so i can't afford to be.
I think if you buy online there isn't so much chance of the things you want being out of stock, plus on play.com you can save a fiver a dvd compared to the highstreet.
When you have to pay board you will just have to set that money aside and only buy with the money you have left

I know exactly how you feel. I went to my local comic store in brighton 'Dave's comics' telling myself i was only going to buy death note vol. 9. I ended up coming out having spent £26 on manga! I just cant seem to control myself sometimes!

It can be done guys! I'm saving for a new MP3 player, and haven't bought anything anime/manga-related since November 2006.

It's slowly destroying my soul.... but it CAN be done!

I can hold back if I want to. Infact, sometimes I let opportunities slip at times because of it... ^_^'
So as long as I have a good amount of money, I spend a bit and make sure I have some spare.
Otherwise, I wait... and wait... and wait...

Welcome to real life, I pay my bills mortgage and other misc things that turn up but I always make sure I get my anime and mangas.

In the end it comes down to making a budget (switching to adult mode), work out what you earn then take out the rent and stuff and whats left is anime/manga money.

I live with the idea that even if I don't buy an anime/manga then I will have to wait til the future, I get the stuff I really want first and the rest I bite my lip about and walk away. Besides with all the online stores and ebay its a pretty safe bet you'll find what you want again

adult like!

that sounded like something my step dad would say. lol. no affense.
put i will chill 4 a bit. it's just so tempting when i am in nottingham 3 times a week. :cry: .

i told my mates that if they see me pick anime, manga or anythin that is expensive, hit me. i think its the only way to stop me. heehee.

i dnt shop on the internet anymore either so thats a gud thing too. :lol:
i tended to ova spend so i cud get free delivery on amazon.
:(

i am the exact same.
but since my lack of interest in anime and manga (will return once comp is fixed then can catch up on fansubs and scanslations to get me back into the mood)

i have not bought any anime or manga since probably the last anime expo lol.

however having said that, i have been spending my money on video games lol.

HOLY GOD! I have just spent the past 20 minutes calculating how much my collection is worth by RRP... Are you guys ready for this?

Anime - £8810
Manga - £3642

Obviously I didn’t buy it all RRP but that's over 10K!

butch-cassidy said:
HOLY GOD! I have just spent the past 20 minutes calculating how much my collection is worth by RRP... Are you guys ready for this?

Anime - £8810
Manga - £3642

Thats something you should never do, I worked it out once and then realised that if my place ever burnt down I'd have to re-buy it all with insurance money.... if they cover it that is

This is why I love renting, get 6 dvd's a month for £10. Has cut down on what i buy quite a lot as I used to get 5-6 DVD's a month (not all animé), now more like 2-3 and they are one's i have seen and know are good rather than wild shot's in the dark.

butch-cassidy said:

Anime - £8810
Manga - £3642

*over 9000 joke*

lol

Yeah, I hate the expenses of Anime and Manga... If it wasn't for the stupid UK prices, our lives will be more happier...

Must get Saturday job

If I decide I want something, I just buy it. I get paid enough, and the way I see it is that everyone else I know smokes/drinks ridiculous amounts, and since I don't do either, I can afford manga.

I never go to any shops that sell it though...my money goes on mammoth UP1 orders. ¬_¬

Aaron said:
If I decide I want something, I just buy it. I get paid enough, and the way I see it is that everyone else I know smokes/drinks ridiculous amounts, and since I don't do either, I can afford manga.

Brilliant way of putting it, I drink but stuff it not enough to slow down my anime purchases

well i havnt made a procise amount but the last time i checked i had ova £600 pounds worth of manga and anime i dnt know yet lol. i dnt think i wnt to. :cry:

but Butch- Cassady that is crazy man

but i guess its muny well spent, if you got enjoyment out of it then. :wink:
ill catch u up 1 day. lol

Back