Excel saga!

Gacha

Stand User
It's one of those animes they used to show at 5am on sci fi i found a load of em on tape since i was neverable to watch at that time :cry:

I forgot how random and funny it was

Basically story is excel has to fullfill illpalazos wishes to fullfill his ideal world from killing manga authors to going to amercia and fighting on space ships.

She is helped by a princess of a maratian race,a random guy with an afro who turns up to fight and is fitted into the story for no real reason,the spirt of an immigrant worker trying to save his wife,with a while load of completly random chacters :lol:

*reccomends to watch*

Though avoid episode 26 if you are'nt pepared XD

its cool dude we all know excel saga,

yeah your right great show, but episode 26? isnt that the slightly 'pervy' episode?

i gotta love that professor 'uncle sugar', lol.

Lol slightly?

Episode 26 was the episode were they took of hentai :p that pedo proffesor so funny XD

Minchi(the dog) on episode 26 is the choir girl and she gets eaten :)

I too saw the original run on the SCI-FI channel andi it's the funniest anime I've seen. But it also packs a lot of variety in storylines, character types, in jokes, anime parodies and recurring themes etc. It's cleverly constructed even though it seems so random.

On last DVD of Excel Saga, and just bought Puni Puni Poemy (the sequel show). I found it funny to the bone. :D
It's a legend to anime fans in the comedy department... Who wouldn't want a fast-speaking hyperactive red head with an unhealthy loyalty to nationalist of a lost empire?.. Hmmm can you keep up? XD

I know XD

Nabeshin in every episode just randomly turn up like when there in the army base and for some reason he ends up busting out his freind in an iron mask and excel :p

puni puni poemy just as random but filled with hentai XD like for no appearnt reason they have to take a bath together,and nabeshin randomly turned up agian to defeat the guy with 1ball(rude joke) :p

X_nick_X said:
puni puni poemy just as random but filled with hentai XD
:shock: Aw, crap! Don't say that... I knew it was an 18, but isn't that extreme innuendo, nudity and bad language?
If it is an actual hentai then I may have to find my reciet... TT_TT Just not my taste.

I mean, Angel Cop was an 18 but that wasn't sex related... just extremely nasty language/violence.

Excel Saga is on my discard pile - I hated it! It took me 3 days to gather enough gusto to watch the final DVD; I hated it that much :?
The only saving grace was Menchi and Watanabe and his Power Rangers. I'm still not sure even now why I watched it....no wait....it cost me money, that's why :lol:

Guess it ain't to everyones taste

Puni puni was'nt hentai used the word wrong but it was random like excel saga and used it in places like the final scene were for no real reason they tried to make them sex slaves,though you did'nt see anything :shock:

Chaz said:
X_nick_X said:
puni puni poemy just as random but filled with hentai XD
:shock: Aw, crap! Don't say that... I knew it was an 18, but isn't that extreme innuendo, nudity and bad language?
If it is an actual hentai then I may have to find my reciet... TT_TT Just not my taste.

I mean, Angel Cop was an 18 but that wasn't sex related... just extremely nasty language/violence.
It is certainly not hentai but it is very ecchi (naughty) without being explicit.

I personally found Excel Saga very hit-and-miss with most of it being dire but a couple of good jokes. Particularly liked the Sailor Moon spoof, especially given the fact that the Japanese voice of Excel was also that of Sailor Moon.

Ecchi thats it ep 26 was fulll of it :shock:

I think whats excel saga goal was to shock the audience to make several plots go at once.

You had the main story-excel
Pedro trying to get back his wife
Then you had the power rangers

The plots sometimes cross and other times have nothing to with it but it's still funny excels actions hyatt dying and so on.

Gawyn said:
It is certainly not hentai but it is very ecchi (naughty) without being explicit.

I personally found Excel Saga very hit-and-miss with most of it being dire but a couple of good jokes. Particularly liked the Sailor Moon spoof, especially given the fact that the Japanese voice of Excel was also that of Sailor Moon.
PPP is a parody of hentai but doesn't actually contain any. It never goes beyond ecchi.
Excel Saga, like most comedy series, is a very hit-or-miss kind of show. Personally, I thought it was excellent, but it's easy to see why people could be turned off of it.

Phew... I was 90% sure it wasn't hentai when I bought it anyways...
Funny what 1 word can do to a conversation... ^_^'
Thanks for the info guys. (Ecchi is GOOD, Gawyn! Attractive, but not slobber-over-your-crotch tempting.)

There were some eps better than others in Excel Saga, but which anime doesn't have better eps?
The Menchi dedicated episodes were humourous. The over dramatics of loosing the gang in the 1st one was 'Are-you-kidding-me?' wierd. The 2nd one was actually pretty normal until the end... Except the constant advertising my the girl... :roll:

Last edited by a moderator:
The thing with Excel, I find, is that if you haven't seen a lot (and I do mean a lot) of anime of differing genres, it will just fly over your head.

I've watched it up to ep 9 and I've now put it on the back burner. That's not to say I wasn't enjoying it. Love the theme tune. One of the best!

Hehe, I bought the first 2 disks a couple of months back, which means i've only seen upto episode 9 myself, but i've found Excel Saga to be great so far. In fact as I type this, I have disks 3 and 4 waiting on my shelf ready for me to watch. ( They only arrived by post this morning, now how's that for coincidence? 8) :wink: )

And isn't the main character in Puni Puni Poemy supposed to be Nabeshins daughter?

I'm not sure if the main chacter was meant to be adopted and he was the producer or what either way they killed him :p

harkins
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:16 pm Post subject:
The thing with Excel, I find, is that if you haven't seen a lot (and I do mean a lot) of anime of differing genres, it will just fly over your head.

I've watched it up to ep 9 and I've now put it on the back burner. That's not to say I wasn't enjoying it. Love the theme tune. One of the best!

Exactly i rember watching it the first time round only having seen limited anime the main jokes just went over me though the actions always made me laugh XD

X_nick_X said:
Exactly i rember watching it the first time round only having seen limited anime the main jokes just went over me though the actions always made me laugh XD
Still doesn't have as many references as Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi though - I didn't get more than half of those...

Huh? Didn't Abenobashi come out in the last couple of years? Excel Saga is much older than that isn't it?
May have got it wrong, but.... *Shrug* I dunno.

Chaz said:
Huh? Didn't Abenobashi come out in the last couple of years? Excel Saga is much older than that isn't it?
May have got it wrong, but.... *Shrug* I dunno.
He was just saying that Abenobashi had many more references to other anime, film and books than Excel did, not that it didn't have any Abenobashi references, which would be somewhat miraculous considering the difference in release dates

Back