Excel saga!

The full English title of it is Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi and is a reasonably funny story about a boy and his friend who go hopping through various fantastic incarnations of their hometown after the idols protecting are lost and destroyed and the fabric of reality is broken. It follows the pair as they try to find their way back to their own reality.

Not a classic, by any stretch but a bit of a fun diversion.

Abenobash is quite funny, but it is not in the same league as Excel Saga. I felt it drops off a lot in quality towards the end, and the english dub, unlike the superb Excel Saga one, is horrid, i'd say my least favorite ADV dub actually. But it did get a few chuckles along the way.

(Oh, and i still prefer the earlier title "Magical Shopping Street Abenobashi" which was on the first trailers i saw. :p

I really hated Excel Saga. For some reason, I thought it looked really cool from the box, but it really let me down.

Seriously...it all seems too random to me, plus I can barely understand a word Excel says. Maybe that's part of the joke or something, but it's just **** to me. :$

I remember watching an early sub of Excel Saga, and I simply couldn't read fast enough... :D

The amount of times I've had to pause when two or more characters are speaking is quite amazing.

Still, it's a fantastic show :D

Disco Machine said:
I really hated Excel Saga. For some reason, I thought it looked really cool from the box, but it really let me down.

Seriously...it all seems too random to me, plus I can barely understand a word Excel says. Maybe that's part of the joke or something, but it's just **** to me. :$

That is part of the joke - she speaks just as fast in japanese. It took a little getting used to, as i wasn't used to that style of humour, but it got increasingly funny to me.

I love the series though, easilly in my top 10 comedies of all time in any medium. When ever i'm tired or feeling down, it is always the first thing i put on, as it impossible for me not to be cheered up by it :)

If Excel Saga is too random for you, do yourself a favor and don't watch Bobobo. =D

I love-a the Excel. As one might tell from my 'next to post' box thingy with my userpic. I actually prefer the manga in many ways though, despite the anime being a fair bit funnier.

Back