Excel Saga on RaptureTV; More Ghibli on Film4

harkins said:
I had no idea Exel Saga had been on TV before. Did someone say it was the Sci-Fi channel and if so how long ago was that?
Me and about a year and a half ago during SciFI's last stint with anime (Thier 5am runs).

It may have aired before but there is a huge difference between a prime time slot and a crammed together morning showing.

Conan-san said:
harkins said:
I had no idea Exel Saga had been on TV before. Did someone say it was the Sci-Fi channel and if so how long ago was that?
Me and about a year and a half ago during SciFI's last stint with anime (Thier 5am runs).
Sorry, I couldn't be bothered reading the whole thread again. But 5am?! That's no use to anyone really. At least it'll get a decent time slot this time, I hope.

To be honest I think that most regulars on here have seen most good anime long before it'll get anywhere near a UK TV station. I say that because I reckon that any show put on telly is best going to serve the purpose of attracting a new audience and not entertaining us more dedicated anime fans. And I don't see that Excel Saga is a bad choice for that even if it isn't brand new.

I woudlna prefered something new, being blunt. I meen what the heck happened to Elfin Lied and Mahromantic?

That said, I wonder if they'll air the Cut version of 26. That woudl be intresting to see, if not humorous.

Sill, two slots, two of 'em, lets hope they make use of it.

Conan-san said:
I woudlna prefered something new, being blunt. I meen what the heck happened to Elfin Lied and Mahromantic?
Neither is particularly suitable for primetime or pre-watershed UK TV.
Conan-san said:
Well both slots at the moment are being used for Excel Saga, with two episodes being shown per week.

Is Gilgamesh is going to be the olny anime I'm going to watch on TV. Excel saga and cromatire high school is crap, (to me).

Oh well, I've got no taste, or pretty really stranges taste in a few.

Gawyn said:
Conan-san said:
Neither is particularly suitable for primetime or pre-watershed UK TV.
Conan-san said:
Well both slots at the moment are being used for Excel Saga, with two episodes being shown per week.
For the record (and appolgies for the late reply) it was them who suggested it in the first place with both Marhomantic and Elfin, Mahro was especialy pickin' my ears up (I Like it, crap end or not), Lied, I knew that was "Askin' for it" terortory anyway.

Eh, Excel saga...ok, as long as they don't air episode 26, I think we'll make it out with them still holding an offcom licence.

Oh well, I would hope they get sommthin' fresh after it.

Failing that, a rerun of Nadesico is always welcomed.

well i gave an episode a try and came to a conclusion

it would reaallllllyyy help if Rapture remember to turn on subtitles for the japanese text :roll:

Ryo Chan said:
well i gave an episode a try and came to a conclusion

it would reaallllllyyy help if Rapture remember to turn on subtitles for the japanese text :roll:

I know. I've already seen Excel Saga and I still didn't know what was happening :shock:

Conan-san said:
So, Edited 26 or unedited 26...

PLACE BETS NOW! BANZAI!!
They might skip it.

Dunno, it was shown when it was on Sci-fi Channel way back, but then again it was about 5 in the morning.

They probably will show it. They get away with Mezzo so they should with this episode. (it's about as damaging as a Carry On film which depending on your view is fine or pretty awful)

Ushio said:
Conan-san said:
So, Edited 26 or unedited 26...

PLACE BETS NOW! BANZAI!!
They might skip it.

Dunno, it was shown when it was on Sci-fi Channel way back, but then again it was about 5 in the morning.

They probably will show it. They get away with Mezzo so they should with this episode. (it's about as damaging as a Carry On film which depending on your view is fine or pretty awful)
I dunno, did ADV ever offer the edited 26? You know, as point of quriosity.

Excel Saga isn't my liking, Sucks in my opinion. So,I turned to rock world tv and watched Gilgamesh, It was actually good.

Intresting Plot and errrrm... Gothy looking characters. Great!!!!!!

Imp said:
Wait! Gilgamesh was on!? Will it be repeated! What channel is that? Rock World TV???
Rockworld TV used to be called Redemption TV and is only available on Sky. I haven't paid a great deal of attention to this so I couldn't tell you when/if they are repeating it given that I: can't get it; have not been greatly impressed with Gilgamesh and have already seen all of Cromartie High (which is the other anime they are showing).

Back