Excel Saga on RaptureTV; More Ghibli on Film4

Hazel said:
gilgamesh is repeated at 7:30pm on rockworld (368) on monday. the dubbing is not too bad.
Ah thanks, a number, i loked for ages for this channel a little while ago. Rockworld need to advertise themselves a bit more, i wouldn't have known it even existed if it wasn't for this forum.

As far as Excel Saga is concerned, i can't get into it, rubbish choice as i thought it would be, i can hardly be bothered to watch it

Sci Fi showed cowboy bebop on new year pretty much out the blue. i dont think they've shown cowboy bebop before(corect me if im wrong).
does that meen there going to start playing anime again. they havent put any thing on there website.

Rember the world cup last year?

They put the movie on then to then said that or though the rating were ok but weren't up to there standards(well the football was on what did they expect).

I was very surprised that Sci-Fi showed the subbed version of Cowboy Bebop at Christmas. Especially as it was on in the middle of the afternoon. In years gone by did they show anime subbed or dubbed?

Were the raitings any good for cowboy bebop.

does rapture tv ever show anime films. im pretty sure the dont but if im wrong tell me. something i dont get about rapture is that they stoped sowing anime for about a month but there website always says anime, gaming, movies, music and sport. and even now there just showing 1 anime at least rockworld shows 2.

X_nick_X said:
Sci fi says a lot of stuff >.>
Like "Screw you MST3K Fans" and "Anime? What is that? That thing people liked our channel for before we became the same dross american dolling channel like everyone else and only occaionaly regain our good name for airing spaceballs?"

cause they are VERY good at that.

VioletGarbage said:

does rapture tv ever show anime films. im pretty sure the dont but if im wrong tell me. something i dont get about rapture is that they stoped sowing anime for about a month but there website always says anime, gaming, movies, music and sport. and even now there just showing 1 anime at least rockworld shows 2.

At one time, they said they were trying to show a Anime movie on Rapture tv, but I don't know about it now...

And Rapture tends to leave it to the last minute of obtaining anime for Rapture tv and I missed Cowboy Bebop!!!!!!!!! Damn you Final Fantasy 7: DOC....

And Excel saga is scary (as in crap), So I hope they end it soon and replace something interesting (like Coyboy bebop or Bleach)

I think rapture tv should get some good anime like, cowboy bebop, bleach and anime aimed an girls like fruits basket and put fullmetal alchmeist back on and properly advertise on other channels.

Chrono Demon said:
And Excel saga is scary (as in crap), So I hope they end it soon and replace something interesting (like Coyboy bebop or Bleach)

Excel Saga>>>Bleach, I'd rather have a series with parodies and is original while Bleach is the same thing with two recue arcs exactly the same. ;_;

Chrono Demon said:
VioletGarbage said:

At one time, they said they were trying to show a Anime movie on Rapture tv, but I don't know about it now...

And Rapture tends to leave it to the last minute of obtaining anime for Rapture tv and I missed Cowboy Bebop!!!!!!!!! Damn you Final Fantasy 7: DOC....

I can't believe someone just said Excel Saga is crap... *is in shock*

True, it has limited re-watch value, and some of the middle episodes can be a tad duff, but if you're in the right mood for it, Excel is one of the funniest things in the anime universe.

... *still in shock* ...

WTFDaveMustaine said:
Excel Saga is amazing as long as you have the patience for subtitles.

The dub isn't bad, if just for the sheer impressiveness that any English voice actress could keep up with Excel's lines. But Dave, I totally agree with you on the subtitles. They make my head hurt...

I was fine with the subs to be honest being a fast reader. But my view is that with this particular series a lot of the humour is lost in the way the dub actors present the characters. Example being the Rock episode with Key. At the very beginning of the original the guy on the boat has a hilarious over the top screachy voice but on the dub it's very tame and seriously spoken.

VioletGarbage said:
I think rapture tv should get some good anime like, cowboy bebop, bleach and anime aimed an girls like fruits basket and put fullmetal alchmeist back on and properly advertise on other channels.

LOL, On my side!!!!!! I been asking for Fruit basket at the start of the topic... But Ryo Chan said it might put off the Male Market...

I'm Male and I'm asking for Fruit Basket... *sigh* Damn my Girly Side!!!!

And Lupus, Bleach Ownz Excel Saga, but lets not argue, shall we....

And I just found out that Excel Saga has its own spin off called Puni Puni Poemy... The trailer was funny, but dirty as well...

VioletGarbage said:
We all should team up and complain to rapture tv. i ve been sending e mails bugging them to put more anime on.

But Anime is still risky in the UK... I love Rapture to put more anime on, but at the moment they only got 20,000 viewers watching them...

And 20,000 is kinda nothing in the UK

i herd some were it was 40,000. but if they got a really good anime series or movie and advertised it in on other channels they would get more viewers because if you wernt a anime fan you wouldnt even though it was on.

Back