Ever thought i wanna read the bible but it looks boring

Tachi- said:
In my eyes....religion is worthless, you can pray to any *god* and believe they talk to you, but in the end no such force takes place. the "holy books" in this world where used by each country a long time ago to brainwash the countries into living a certain way, if you think about it that way it is a strong possibility, the world was corrupt without a law system really, so how do you chastise a country? you scare them into believing a omnipotent, omnipresent force will judge them and punish accordingly. it all makes sense...
It's ironic that you talk about brainwashing when you spout the same stuff I hear from lots of people.

You clearly don't even know what you're talking about if you think holy books are used to scare people.

@Maxon: *yawwwwwwn* yeah, whatever you say. apply abit of thought to things instead of being part of the flock that believe the holy book is honorable. if it wasn't meant to scare people into order then why has the catholic church in rome hidden parts of the bible in catacombs?

Tachi - Good post. All cultures and religions have their good and bad points. However, I don't see multiculturalism as a bad thing, just that it isn't really multiculturalism when people of different cultures exclude themselves from society in general - often because of religion (and this is not directed at any culture in particular).

Maxon - I think telling people they'll suffer for all of eternity if they don't do what you want them to is pretty scary.

Let's all be Buddhists or Shintoist. As long as you still have something to learn you will keep coming back to life... :p

Multiculturalism is great, if you don't agree what the hell are you doing in an japanese cartoons forum?!?! =P

I'm not the first one to say this and I doubt I would be the last - God is great, but his fans.... In my opinion, the problem is not religion itself, but intolerance. One thing is a group not want to follow the same rules as a different cultural / religion group, another is a certain group not agreeing with the other and wanting to decimate them all...

Tachi- said:
the egyptians believed that the sun was a god called Ra, that a jackel was Anubis, that the pharaoh was gods representative on earth....

"I summon the WINGED DRAGON OF RA IN ATTACK MODE!!"

Did the pharaoh have millenium items? Duel in shadow games? With mighty monsters!! DID HE PLAY DUEL MONSTERS!!

Spyro201 said:
Tachi- said:
the egyptians believed that the sun was a god called Ra, that a jackel was Anubis, that the pharaoh was gods representative on earth....

Did the pharaoh have millenium items? Duel in shadow games? With mighty monsters!! DID HE PLAY DUEL MONSTERS!!

isnt that yugioh??

Tachi- said:
Spyro201 said:
Tachi- said:

isnt that yugioh??

Yes :lol:

Back