Eden of the East

No he became GOD OF THE NEW WORLD!!!!!!

But I don't know I think the ep could have been better
should have been an hour special or something

I thought hes suppose to die after spending all his money.

Last edited by a moderator:
Makson said:
I thought hes suppose to die after spending all his money.

But there's gonna be a movie so I doubt that happened
having a new protagonist would be lame specially since this one was actually really cool oh and you forgot that doesn't happen to whoever wins the game

Finished the series yesterday,loved the ending!Especially the final scene with Akira taking out the missiles from the top of the roof.Definatley will watch the series again and will live in hope that Funimation will decide to pick it up after that survey a while back!^_^

I'll agree that some of the plot twists at the end felt kind of rushed (Takizawa as King of Japan?!), still I did love the final scene where the missiles were being shot down, at least on a visual level it was a striking moment. I also liked how the missing NEETS tied into the story aswell.

It wasn't half bad anyway, I'll be on look out for the movies in future.

/covers eyes to avoid other posts on this page

zomg, the first few eps weren't really good enough in terms of content to make me want to watch this right the heck as soon as the next ep came out, but I just watched eps 5-9 last night and today and boy oh boy can I not wait to catch up with the rest of it.

Episode 9 really felt like "right, now we need to kick things up another notch because we don't have much time left to tell this story", but was so much fun it didn't matter. The events at the end were totally telegraphed, but again played out so well (along with the message on Pants' "World Computer" or whatever) that it was riveting.

Some elements really feel like they could have been introduced at a more natural pace if this had been a 26 episode series, though. The actual nature of "Eden of the East" is a good example, and now the real truth behind "Careless Monday" is sort of falling out in a rush of exposition, although I guess there has been some build up in terms of Takizawa not being a mass murderer and the like.

BANG!

Oh wow. Pretty epic end to the series (especially visually, as Wildcard said, but also the soundtrack). Why on Earth this was only eleven episodes long baffles me, even with just one or two more episodes I thought they could have made it much more satisfying. Thought they slightly copped out a bit with Pants not dying, too.

But yeah, it really felt like you were being swept up in something special over the last couple of episodes, but they managed to keep some light hearted moments in there, too. Also, Takizawa is just too awesome. One of the most likeable lead characters I've seen in a long time.

If only they'd had more time to expand on Takizawa's last request to Juiz, but then again maybe they want us to think about exactly what he meant and how Juiz could possibly make it happen. I also thought it looked like he had had his memory wiped again, but I couldn't quite work out how that would make sense.

There are definitely too many questions left hanging. Who really is Mr. Outside? Who is the Supporter? How does Juiz manage to carry out the requests? And I also thought, like RetroRainbow, that Eden of the East itself was going to tie in more to that last question - I'm not sure how the specifics of it really helped at the end? Surely they could have posted their suggestions to any kind of server and had Juiz sort through them?

Gah, so much more to think about, definitely going to be picking this up and re-watching it probably more than once before the first movie hits (and who knows when we'll actually get to see it?).

voddas said:
Last week I watched Higashi no Eden (or Eden of the East). It took me three sittings to watch. Had never really planned to see this anime, it just kinda happened. I've got to say that I'm glad I did as it was an entertaining series. The characters were very loveable and the story line kept me addicted. The question that were asked begged to be answered, and most were, however.... this series didn't have an ending... well, it did have an ending in the "there's no more episodes" sense. But, the story line suddenly picked up speed and then abruptly ended. To me, it was an obviouse sign of more story to come in a possible second season, the Movie has already been confirmed.

Don't let what I say about the ending put you off though. This series has an intriguing storyline with great animation. The anime was very smooth and pleasant to my eyes. I'm very much looking forward to more "Eden of the East" and strongly suggest that people give it a try. I feel you shan't be dissapointed.

What I posted in another thread. Loved the anime but teh ending left me a little dry. I need more! :p

Clouded said:
Funimation has got the license for Eden Of The East and are expecting a release in 2010 which is brilliant! It was certainly in my opinion the best show of the year and possibly over the last few years too! They also licensed Casshern Sins too

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... s-tv-anime

Since I enjoyed Casshern Sins a lot [despite the middle and ending being weaker]. So I'll be importing them both [or hope Manga gets hold of them]

RetroRainbow said:
I'm delighted! :D

When Funimation had that licensing poll a while back, I ticked the Eden of the East box, pouring my hopes into it.

Now, I also clicked Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei and a Sailor Moon re-release; where are they? :lol:

Funny you should say that, i did exactly the same in regards to voting for Eden :). Only other thing i also voted for was Phantom - Requiem For The Phantom

I'd like to say I'm more thrilled about them licensing Casshern than EotE, but I'm not. Now you better buy up Guin Saga too.

Back