E3 2019 News & Announcements / 6th to 11th June for Conferences / 11th to 13th for E3 Event

NormanicGrav

Quintessential Grav
AUKN Staff
It's that time of year once again, E3 is back and we now know all of the information when it comes to the conferences and what to expect.

So, before we go into the details I want to point out that the titles revealed in the conferences will be spoiled when they do happen in this thread so if you want to stay blind after the events have concluded, the conference videos will be on this first post to save yourselves the hassle.

Dates & Times:

Thursday 6th June
Google Stadia - 5:00 p.m. BST

Saturday 8th June
EA Play - 5:15 p.m. BST

Sunday 9th June
Microsoft Xbox - 9:00 p.m. BST

Monday 10th June
Bethesda - 1:30 a.m. BST
Devolver Digital - 3:00 a.m. BST
UploadVR - 5:00 p.m. BST
PC Gaming Show - 6:00 p.m. BST
Limited Run Games - 8:00 p.m. BST
Ubisoft - 9:00 p.m. BST
AMD - 11:00 p.m. BST

Tuesday 11th June
Kinda Funny Showcase - 0:30 a.m. BST
Square Enix - 2:00 a.m. BST
Nintendo Direct - 5:00 p.m. BST

Live streams:

Google Stadia

EA Play

Nintendo World Championships 2019
Featuring Super Mario Maker 2, Splatoon 2, and Super Smash Bros Ultimate

Microsoft Xbox

Bethesda Softworks

Last edited:
Rounding up the announcements thus far.

Google Stadia Conference:
  • Stadia, for those who missed it, is a streaming service that can be accessed through Google Chrome.
  • The platform will be available this November across 14 different territories (UK, US included).
  • Founder’s Edition tier will be available first, costs £119.00 for a hardware starter kit with three months of premium service, and £8.99 a month afterwards. Users will have access to 4K 60fps HDR 5.1 Surround if they reach 35Mbps of bandwidth (otherwise they can maintain the same contents but for 1080p at 20Mbps).
  • A separate tier will be available in 2020 that will allow users to play games for free but only older games. Newer games will have to be purchased. Users will also have access to 1080p 60fps with stereo sound and require 10Mbps of bandwidth to stream at 720p.
  • Stadia controller will cost £59.00.
  • Games confirmed for Stadia are:
    • Bandai Namco - Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
    • Bethesda - DOOM Eternal, DOOM 2016, Rage 2, The Elder Scrolls Online, Wolfenstein: Youngblood
    • Bungie - Destiny 2
    • Coatsink - Get Packed (Stadia exclusive)
    • Codemasters - GRID
    • Deep Silver - Metro Exodus
    • Drool - Thumper
    • Giants Software - Farming Simulator 19
    • Larian Studios - Baldur’s Gate 3
    • nWay Games - Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid
    • Sega - Football Manager
    • SNK - Samurai Shodown
    • Square Enix - Final Fantasy XV, Tomb Raider Definitive Edition, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Shadow of the Tomb Raider
    • 2K Games - NBA 2K, Borderlands 3
    • Tequila Works - Gylt (Stadia exclusive)
    • Warner Bros. - Mortal Kombat 11
    • THQ - Darksiders Genesis
    • Ubisoft - Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint, Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, Trials Rising, The Crew 2

THQ Nordic:
  • The publisher have announced three titles over the past couple of days.
    • SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom Rehydrated, a remake of the cult classic 2003 title. Coming to PS4, Xbox One, Switch and PC. Will feature a multiplayer mode and cut content from the original release.
    • Darksiders: Genesis, a spin-off to the Darksiders franchise taking place before the events of the first game. Coming to PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC and Stadia.
    • Destroy All Humans!, a remake of the cult classic 2005 title. Coming to PS4, Xbox One and PC in 2020.
Publisher E3 Line-ups:
  • XSEED have announced some titles via their line-up:
    • Akiba’s Trip: Hellbound & Debriefed, a remake of the 2011 PSP title. Coming to PS4 and PC.
    • BurgerTime Party!, coming to Switch in 2019.
    • Granblue Fantasy Versus, a fighting game spin-off to the mobile franchise developed by Arc System Works. Coming to PS4.
    • Heroland, also known as Work x Work, coming to PS4 and Switch in 2019.
    • Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin, now coming to Switch alongside the already confirmed PS4 and PC.
  • PlayTonic games have announced Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair for PS4, Xbox One, Switch and PC. It will be a 2.5D follow-up of the previous game, coming 2019.
  • Grandia HD Collection, which features Grandia and Grandia II, will have more info this E3. Already revealed so far:
    • English & Japanese audio with original English and Japanese plus French and German translations
    • Enhanced details to UI, sprites, and texture art.
    • Original cinematic videos receiving visual enhancements.
    • For the PC version: Steam Cards, Achievements, Widescreen support, and customizable resolutions
In terms of leaks, it looks like the only ones revealed were titles from Bandai Namco and a Ninja Theory project.

Stadia's not for me since I need to maintain a powerful up to date PC for my work anyway, but I did feel at the reveal that it looked very much like the future and had the potential to kill consoles stone dead. Perhaps it still could if the next generation of consoles continues trending in price towards that of a basic gaming PC, but it doesn't feel nearly as appealing any more. The idea people will have to purchase games on top of the subscription fee hasn't really made it much different to a console. I honestly feel like if they'd doubled the price of the sub but given access to all the games, that would have been a far more attractive proposition.

Stuck my thoughts about BGIII in the news thread yesterday, since it wasn't technically an E3 announcement. EA I expect nothing from, as usual. If Bethesda still fail to acknowledge or express any kind of contrition for the unmitigated disaster that was Fallout 76, my rapidly descending opinion of them is only going to get worse. The best thing they could do at this point is let Obsidian make a superior single player follow-up again. I'm starting to fear for TES VI.

Last edited:
Kingdom Hearts III Re:Mind expansion has been announced for this winter.

The game will feature more playable characters and extra dialogue for the story that will help tie into the next story saga. The trailer will contain major spoilers to the base game's story.

Square Enix have also noted that The Avengers game will be coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC and Google Stadia.

Paying how much to run games off chrome? In this infrastructure?
And only 2 exclusives at that. The only person stadia appeals to is some millionaire with the internet running through solid gold fibre optic cables

It’s like a puppy born with a rare disease, the guy selling it thinks someone wants it but most people just want to end it’s pain

The first Yooka Laylee was an abomination. I'm amazed it even sold well enough to warrant any kind of sequel.

I'm looking forward to Spongebob!

Koei Tecmo has announced two characters from The King of Fighters XIV will be playable via downloadable content for Dead or Alive 6. The characters are Mai and Kula.

I have updated the live-stream posts with Nintendo World Championships and Microsoft Xbox for those who just want to see that and avoid any later posts.

Paying how much to run games off chrome? In this infrastructure?
And only 2 exclusives at that. The only person stadia appeals to is some millionaire with the internet running through solid gold fibre optic cables
I mean, in your corner of the country with your dial-up internet it might not be hugely attractive Cap :p but an initial outlay of £59 and £9 a month is probably a lot more attractive to casual gamers than blowing probably £400-£500 on a next gen console and then £60 per game. You can start playing today for the cost of one game at release, and that's hugely appealing to a lot of people. People already pay that kind of money for Netflix subscriptions and the like. I still think Stadia or something like it is the sensible future of gaming, but yeah I don't think making people purchase games on top of the sub price is the way to do it.

I mean, in your corner of the country with your dial-up internet it might not be hugely attractive Cap :p but an initial outlay of £59 and £9 a month is probably a lot more attractive to casual gamers than blowing probably £400-£500 on a next gen console and then £60 per game. You can start playing today for the cost of one game at release, and that's hugely appealing to a lot of people. People already pay that kind of money for Netflix subscriptions and the like. I still think Stadia or something like it is the sensible future of gaming, but yeah I don't think making people purchase games on top of the sub price is the way to do it.
New games on it cost the same. Only older games are free of charge, whatever that means. I do have fibre, but it’s still quite slow.
Even the US doesn’t have a really good infrastructure in most states

Xbox E3 (Japanese Announcements):
  • From Software and George R R Martin have revealed Elden Ring, a new RPG IP. Coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.
  • Bandai Namco have announced Tales of Arise for 2020, the latest instalment in the Tales of Action RPG franchise. Coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.
  • Bandai Namco also revealed a new Dragon Ball video game, called Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot. Coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC in Early 2020.
  • SEGA will finally bring over Phantasy Star Online 2 to the west, coming to both Xbox One and PC in Spring 2020. Only United States & Canada for the time being, EMEA is unconfirmed.

So do we just not do Gameplay demo's anymore? Was there a single gameplay demo for any of the more major titles/reveals in that whole presentation? Every reveal was just a pre rendered video. Really boring from Xbox honestly. Some nice reveals but hard to get excited when everything is just a movie

Not much to really excite me, but it may make sense for GoT taking so long if he's been working closely on Elder Ring.
New Zealand can also arrest him if he doesn't reveal his book by the time he's on the panel for some cooking show...

Just watched the Cyberpunk 2077 release date reveal trailer/awkward celebrity on stage moment.
April 16th 2020 can't come soon enough.

Back