Conference #5: Square Enix
  • Babylon's Fall *New Title Announcement*
    New JRPG from Platinum Games.
    Coming to PlayStation 4 and PC in 2019.
  • Dragon Quest XI
    Collector's Edition sets revealed.
  • Final Fantasy XIV Online
    Under the Moonlight Patch 4.3
    Collaboration with Monster Hunter World this Summer.
  • Just Cause 4
    New tweaked trailer revealed at Microsoft's E3 conference.
  • Kingdom Hearts III
    New tweaked trailer revealed at Microsoft's E3 conference.
  • NieR Automata
    Same trailer used at Microsoft's E3 conference.
  • Octopath Traveller
    New trailer for its upcoming Nintendo Switch release.
  • The Quiet Man *New Title Announcement*
    More news planned this August.
    Coming to PlayStation 4 and PC.
  • Shadow of the Tomb Raider
    New gameplay and trailer.

Fallout 76
I'll probably play solo, as don't know too many people who would play and my shift pattern makes it difficult. So I will probably go as far away from the vault as possible whilst collecting as much junk as possible and build a fortress in a, hopefully quiet corner of the map. Then probably watch some troll nuke it.

Seriously that nuke option seems a bit stupid to me from a story point of view (you're supposed to be rebuilding the world not making it worse) and a gameplay point of view (see every troll ever on the Internet).

Anything by Platinum games has my attention, I was hoping for the Granblue game they are developing which must be near compleation.

Conference #6: Limited Run Games
  • 2064: Read Only Memories Collector's Edition
    Format: PlayStation Vita ~ 29th June 2018
  • Cosmic Star Heroine
    Format: Nintendo Switch
  • Double Switch
    Format: PlayStation 4
  • Dust: An Elysian Tail
    Format: Nintendo Switch
  • Exile's End
    Format: PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita ~ July 2018
  • Golf Story
    Format: Nintendo Switch ~ September 2018
  • The House In Fata Morgana
    Format: PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita ~ Digital & Limited Run release ~ Q1 2019
  • Iconoclasts
    Format: PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita
  • Layers of Fear
    Format: Nintendo Switch ~ October 2018
  • Night Trap: 25th Anniversary Edition
    Format: Nintendo Switch ~ 6th July 2018
  • Observer
    Format: PlayStation 4 ~ July 2018
  • Oceanhorn
    Format: Nintendo Switch ~ Available Now
  • Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds Overdrive
    Format: PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita ~ Summer 2018
  • Salt & Sanctuary
    Format: PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita ~ August 2018
  • Senran Kagura: Bon Appetit!
    Format: PlayStation Vita ~ Summer 2018
  • Spelunky
    Format: PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita
  • Thumper
    Format: PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch ~ 20th July 2018
  • VA-11 HALL-A Collector's Edition
    Format: PlayStation Vita ~ 29th June 2018
  • Yooka-Laylee
    Format: Nintendo Switch ~ August 2018

I'll probably play solo, as don't know too many people who would play and my shift pattern makes it difficult. So I will probably go as far away from the vault as possible whilst collecting as much junk as possible and build a fortress in a, hopefully quiet corner of the map. Then probably watch some troll nuke it.

Seriously that nuke option seems a bit stupid to me from a story point of view (you're supposed to be rebuilding the world not making it worse) and a gameplay point of view (see every troll ever on the Internet).
I haven’t actually watched the presentation yet, but surely you’ll be able to set up your own servers so that you can play with friends (or alone) and avoid people who are predisposed to wrecking other people’s stuff and spoiling their fun? I know that’s the only way to make say, Ark bearable. If you can’t have private servers well, count me out.

I haven’t actually watched the presentation yet, but surely you’ll be able to set up your own servers so that you can play with friends (or alone) and avoid people who are predisposed to wrecking other people’s stuff and spoiling their fun? I know that’s the only way to make say, Ark bearable. If you can’t have private servers well, count me out.
I don't think they went into the nitty-gritty, but they probably will. Not being someone who plays online much, apart from purposely PvP like Survivers mode on The Last of Us and more recently Fortnite I didn’t think about that. I guess the only thing similar I've played is GTA Online and you can retreat to a friends only server on that, but it can be fun trying to outrun the nutters on there so I don't normally bother.

Conference #7: Ubisoft
  • Assassin's Creed Odyssey *New Title Announcement*
    Coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC on 5th October 2018.
    Setting is now Greece.
  • Beyond Good & Evil 2
    Jade returns in the latest cinematic trailer.
    Ubisoft collaborates with HitRECord to allow fans to offer their creative ideas for the game.
  • The Division 2
    Raid mode is included.
    Post-launch missions, expansions and modes will be free content.
  • Just Dance
    Yearly releases still going.
  • Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
    Donkey Kong Kingdom Adventure expansion launches 26th June (25th for Season Pass owners).
  • Rainbow Six Siege
    Documentary is being made.
  • Skull & Bones
    Pirate game offers player vs player vs enemy mode.
    Coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC in 2019.
  • Starlink: Battle for Atlas
    Coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC on 16th October 2018.
    Nintendo Switch version also includes Star Fox characters joining the roster.
  • Transference
    Coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC this Autumn 2018.
    VR version also available for PlayStation VR, Oculus Rift, and HTC Vive.
  • Trials Rising *New Title Announcement*
    New instalment in the arcade biking series.
    Coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC this February 2019.
Conference #8: PC Gaming Show
  • Anno 1800
    Coming to PC.
  • Archangel
    Coming to PC on 17th July 2018.
  • Bravely Network Online
    Coming to PC.
  • Don't Starve
    New expansion called Hamlet.
  • The Forgotten City
    Coming to PC in 2019.
  • Genesis Alpha One
    Coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC on 4th September 2018.
  • Gloam Collective
    Coming to PC.
  • Hitman 2
    Coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.
  • Hunt: Showdown
    Available now on PC.
  • Jurassic World Evolution
    Coming to PC.
  • Just Cause 4
  • Killing Floor 2
    New expansion called The Summer Sideshow: Treacherous Skies
  • Man Eater
    Shark simulator lol.
    Coming to PC.
  • Mavericks Proving Grounds
    Coming to PC.
  • Morning Star
    Coming to PC.
  • Neo Cab
    Coming to PC.
  • Night Call
    Coming 2019.
  • Noita
    Coming to PC.
  • Ooblets
    Coming to Xbox One and PC.
  • Overkill's The Walking Dead
    Coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC on 8th November 2018.
  • Overwhelm
    Available now on PC.
  • Rapture Rejects
    Coming to PC.
  • Realm Royale
    Free to play now.
  • Road Redemption
    Coming to PC.
  • Sable
    Coming 2019.
  • Satisfactory
    Coming to PC.
  • Shenmue I & II
    As part of 'Best of Japan SEGA line-up'
    Now coming to PC.
  • The Sinking City
    Coming to PC.
  • Shining Resonance Refrain
    Now coming to PC.
  • Star Citizen
    New update coming.
  • Star Control Origins
    Available now on PC.
  • Stormland
    Developed by Insominac Games.
    Coming to Occulus Rift VR.
  • Two Point Hospital
    Coming to PC this Autumn 2018.
  • Untitled
    Coming to PC.
  • Valkyria Chronicles 4
    Now coming to PC.
  • The Walking Dead Final Season
    Coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC on 14th August 2018.
  • Warframe: The Sacrifice
    Coming to PC this June 2018.
  • Yakuza 0
    Now coming to PC starting 1st August for £14.99.
  • Yakuza Kiwami
    Now coming to PC.

Conference #9: Sony
  • Control *New Title Announcement*
    Remedy's next major project officially revealed!
  • Death Stranding
    New gameplay trailer. No release date yet.
  • Déraciné *New Title Announcement*
    FROM SOFTWARE's new IP for PlayStation VR.
  • Destiny 2
    The Foresaken expansion due this September.
  • Dreams
    Shown off during the intermissions.
  • Ghosts of Tsushima
  • Kingdom Hearts III
    New gameplay trailer, featuring the return of Pirates of the Caribbean!
  • The Last of Us Part II
  • Marvel's Spider-man
    New gameplay trailer. Due this September.
  • Nioh 2 *New Title Announcement*
    Koei Tecmo and Kou Shibusawa offers a sequel to the well-received Nioh!
  • Resident Evil 2 Remake *New Title Announcement*
    Capcom officially reveals the remake of Resident Evil 2 after approving it a while back!
    Available on PlayStation 4 starting 25th January 2019.
  • Trover Saves the Universe *New Title Announcement*
    Rick & Morty devs offers another bizarre game for PlayStation 4 & PlayStation VR.

Sony have gone so far up their own ass over recent years it's like they are walking straight back into another early PS3 level of arrogance. Sure the 4 major games Sony took deep dives on look great (though I couldn't give less of a **** about Last of Us) but this whole presentation screamed of arrogance to me. Yes the Xbox One is a disaster but if Sony ain't careful they are going to fall straight into that same mistake they made 15 years earlier come the next console cycle. Microsoft are hungry and it showed with their Presentation, there was something for everybody and all games big and small got their place in the sun. Sony are resting on their laurels too much, they know they are in first place by a long long way and this E3 presentation and their PSX showing last year really shows that they have no intention to oversell their platform anymore. They have the few big games coming and thats all they care about sharing really. The actual presentation sucked also, the music segments were too long, the needless moving around. FFS these are game trailers, not theatre productions. Keep it slick and keep it moving is how I like it. Yes you can't have 50 BIG games revealed or shown but as MS proved you can still have alot. Imagine if Sony had done both and kept things more simple for the presentation? I liked the content of what Sony had to share I guess but I actively hated how they shared it and was left pretty unfilled by the quantity of what they shared.

I've been watching E3 since around 2004 when I watched the conferences on a tiny realplayer (most likely) video on Gamespot. So I'm pretty old school when it comes to how I think an E3 press conference should be done I guess. Also I'm pretty adverse to the big massive open world games which is pretty much every single big budget title these days. I also don't like FPS games either. So I suppose while I enjoy watching E3, alot of what E3 has to offer doesn't really talk to me anymore. Ghosts of Tsushima and Death Stranding both looked really cool but I'm not sure if I will play either of them. In fact my biggest announcement of E3 so far is Tetris Effect haha. Can't wait for that.

Looking forward to Nintendo, I should probably buy a switch. It very much lines up with the sort of games I like and the person I am. I kinda got burned by the Wii U so I've been put off so far but MK8, Captain Toad, Mario Odyssey, Mario and Rabbids etc etc etc all look so much fun. Add in all the indie games they get and yeah right now Nintendo is probably where I am. Mario Tennis looks great (I put in 100's of hours into the N64 version).

Anyway there is my random thoughts about E3 so far. It's been pretty good I guess though I get the impression Nintendo are in pole position to steal the show with a colorful presentation full of fun and of course the reveal of Smash 5.

Last edited:
Microsoft are hungry and it showed with their Presentation, there was something for everybody and all games big and small got their place in the sun.
The problem with Microsoft at the minute is that they're trying to push everything to more of a subscription based model and now they're setting up a streaming platform (along with everyone else). Microsoft have got a taste of monthly subscriptions with O365 and all the Azure stuff they provide, along with the push to get people off older Windows versions by limiting support. The general consensus is that they want less physical and more subscription and interweb connections are too **** in most places at the moment which is why the PlayStation version only provides PS3 games.
Microsoft are hungry for gaming yeah, but they want to host it is all. They're trying to become the new Netflix and its much too early with too much fragmentation between Google, Apple, Sony, Microsoft, Steam and Origin (the latter also pushing streaming now).

The only thing Microsoft are hungry for is your subscription money. Im not looking forward to more subscription based gaming, I don't like it and its just another form of price fixing and kills competition. Microsoft has to go big or go home this E3 with the next console cycle on the horizon they needed to prove they were still in the race, which they did. Sony don't feel the need to push the PS4 as a platform anymore which is fine imo I'll be buying a PS5 regardless. My main issue for both platform is the lack of variety. Its full of first and third person shooting and fighting games. Id like to see more variety, it seems devs like to play it safe.

Nintendo will probably announce for overpriced tat that fan boys will lap up and praise them to the heavens despite it probably not being very good. Maybe they will actually get some games out for the Switch who's schedule is looking sparse.

I think the subscription model is actually exciting. Neflix for games has been basically described as the future for this hobby for ages. Xbox Game Pass is the best of the two models currently available as it's not streaming focused. In the future streaming will likely not be an issue but today it's still not as realible as it needs to be. But the value of Game Pass is crazy! With every first party game coming to that platform and hundreds of smaller titles and bc titles if I had an Xbox I would be all over it, it's an absolute bargain. If Sony offered something similar without the streaming of PSNow I would consider it for sure.

I think the direction will be driven by how successful it is in America, and given the net neutrality debacle a lot of people will reject it if ISPs want to increase cost. Seeing how they can, they probably will.

As soon as they get x number of subscribers the cost will certainly creep up (happens with Sky & Virgin all the time). I also don't like the idea of never owing a game. I can still pull my old consoles from the loft and play them. I can guarantee games will disappear with streaming. I actually have Netflix and although its good its not amazing by any means. Also people have subscriptions for everything now really need more? I certainly don't which is why I refuse to pay for Playstation plus.

If the servers go down your knackered as well. I know its coming but Its not a gaming future I enjoy or look forward to. I just hope next gen keeps physical games even if its last chance saloon for discs.

Conference #10 FINAL: Nintendo

Note: The conference focused solely on Nintendo Switch.
  • Daemon x Machina *New Title Announcement*
    Action mecha game from Marvelous.
    Coming 2019.
  • Fire Emblem: Three House *New Title Announcement*
    Next instalment in the franchise.
    Coming Spring 2019.
  • Fortnite
    The Epic Games battle royale game is available today.
  • Hollow Knight
    Includes all previously released DLC in one package.
    Available today.
  • Killer Queen Black
    Coming first on Switch sometime in 2018.
  • Octopath Traveller
    New demo coming 14th June 2018
  • Overcooked! 2
    Coming 7th August 2018.
  • Pokemon: Let's Go games
    Mew is included with the Pokeball thing.
  • Super Mario Party *New Title Announcement*
    Next instalment in the party franchise.
    Coming 5th October 2018.
  • Super Smash Bros Ultimate *New (Semi) Title Announcement*
    Next instalment in the cross-over franchise is a slightly different one.
    Basically EVERYTHING FROM THE PREVIOUS INSTALMENTS ARE HERE: Characters, Stages, More.
    New additions to the roster include Inklings from Splatoon and Ridley from Metroid.
    Nintendo Gamecube controllers are compatible with a new model also coming.
    They have tweaked a bunch of the character's moves, final smashes, the stages and more.
    Coming 7th December 2018.
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2
    New story expansion pack called Torna - The Golden Country announced.
    Coming September 2018.
Games mentioned in their quick round-up:
  • Arena of Valor
  • ARK: Survival Evolved
  • Carcassonne
  • Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy
  • Dark Souls Remastered
  • Dragonball FighterZ
  • FIFA 19
  • Just Dance
  • Megaman 11
  • Minecraft
  • Mario Tennis Aces
  • Ninjala
  • Paladins
  • Pixark
  • Splatoon 2 Story Expansion
  • Sushi Striker
  • Wasteland 2
  • The World Ends With You!

I'm also very happy to see a re-release of Tales of Vesperia. While I have a 360 I knew that the PS3 version was basically the 'Extended Cut' and was hoping for a new release. I'll be getting it on PS4.

Kingdom Hearts III has multiple trailers throughout E3 from what I have read so that's exciting. I'm fine with the January release date since I want the game to have as much QC done before it's out. I started my PS4 playthrough of the first game recently so I'm starting my journey of going though each game in release order lol. Still need to get 2.8 but at least it's gone down to a good price.

I believe Valkyria Chronicles 4 is out this October, but I wouldn't be surprised if we see an E3 trailer of sorts throughout the week.
Just picked up kingdom hearts 2.8 for £10 on ebay. They have multiple copies.

Reports are that Fallout 4 will be a multiplayer online game in that there will be other people playing with you at all times. Suffice to say its gone down like a lead balloon.

Reports are that Fallout 4 will be a multiplayer online game in that there will be other people playing with you at all times. Suffice to say its gone down like a lead balloon.
I'll wait to hear for definite, since it all sounds a bit vague right now and there's time for things to change, but no private servers = no interest from me.

Edit: I'm seeing conflicting reports here. If it has private servers, then it can be played solo, or with friends only. They can't force you to let random people on a private server.

Last edited:
The most comprehensive video I've seen about the Cyberpunk 2077 demo shown behind closed doors:

You can play as a male or female character so, as I have no imagination with character designers, that'll be either a copy of Batou or Major Kusanagi!

Back