E3 2017

Yeah Sony was pretty awful tbh. I don't even have anything to say about it, bar Days Gone was boring AF. It's crazy to me that Ubisoft had the best show this year lol I mean we still have Nintendo to go but I don't expect much from them, that said if they show me Fire Emblem Warriors with Lyn or Tharja they may just win E3. I'd also like to see some Xenoblade not running at 10fps....

Sony Conference (Main conference + Pre-Show):

Announcements:

New:
Horizon: New Dawn: The Frozen Wilds

Expansion DLC pack for the main base game. Sony Exclusive. Coming 2017.

Loco Roco 2 Remastered
Much like PaRappa, Loco Roco and Patapon back at PSX, Loco Roco 2 is getting the same treatment. Sony Exclusive.

Monster Hunter World

Capcom's open world game for the consoles (PS4, Xbox One) and PC. Early 2018.

PlayLink
For the non-gamers apparently. Sony Exclusive.

Shadow of the Colossus

Remake of the PS2 cult classic. Sony Exclusive. Coming 2018.

Undertale
The cult hit PC game is coming to both PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita. Retail versions planned.

PlayStation VR:
Bravo Team
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Final Fantasy XV: Monsters of the Deep
The Inpatient
Moss
Star Child
Superhot

Current games:
Call of Duty: WWII
Days Gone
- Sony Exclusive
Destiny 2
Detroit: Become Human
- Sony Exclusive
Everybody's Golf - Sony Exclusive, August 29, $39.99
God of War - Sony Exclusive, Early 2018
Gran Turismo Sport - Sony Exclusive, Fall 2017
Knack 2 - Sony Exclusive, September 5, $39.99
Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite - September 19, Story demo available now
Spiderman - Sony Exclusive, 2018
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy - Sony Exclusive

Last edited:
I was hoping for a new PS4 Pro (or a price cut) to persuade me to get one :(

(All they have to do is sling in an SSD; I don't want to pay extra to immediately replace the drive myself!)

R

I was hoping for a new PS4 Pro (or a price cut) to persuade me to get one :(

(All they have to do is sling in an SSD; I don't want to pay extra to immediately replace the drive myself!)

R

They'll probably price cut it next year when they reveal a PS4 Pro+ to compete with the Xbox One X. :p

I've personally really enjoyed this E3 so far, I do think Ubisoft had the best conference though. Having them reveal the Rabbids game was a great move and it's obviously a huge passion project on their part which just makes me care about it all the more.

I think Sony could have solved some of their problems if they'd included Ni No Kuni (they've made such a big deal of the game and then the conference its finally dated, you don't include it?!), Undertale and nabbing one of the Namco reveals/Life is Strange. Everyone is relaying on multiplat games rather than exclusives, and honestly apart from Ori and the Blind Forest 2 none of the exclusives excite me for Microsoft/Sony. I certainly have no reason at all to buy an Xbox one, still.

Looking forward to seeing what Nintendo have in store. I already know I want most of the stuff they have between now and Christmas, so I'm pretty sold already. Hopefully we see some new games rather than 20+ minutes of Mario and then five minutes of ARMS/Splatoon/Rabbids though...:rolleyes:

I've personally really enjoyed this E3 so far, I do think Ubisoft had the best conference though. Having them reveal the Rabbids game was a great move and it's obviously a huge passion project on their part which just makes me care about it all the more.

I have enjoyed it as well, but was sorely disappointed with Bethesda's conference, although I do not think they deserve the hate they are getting for announcing the Creation Club. The Rabbids game does look good, and fun.

Looking forward to seeing what Nintendo have in store. I already know I want most of the stuff they have between now and Christmas, so I'm pretty sold already. Hopefully we see some new games rather than 20+ minutes of Mario and then five minutes of ARMS/Splatoon/Rabbids though...:rolleyes:

Their was a few new games, and their has been more in the tree house, with a mix of titles for the Switch and 3DS. They include Metroid 4 for the Switch, a remake of an old Metroid game for the 3DS, a Pokemon RPG for the Switch but not for at least a year.

Pokemon RPG will probably make me get a Switch next year (I've been waiting for a home console Pokemon game since 1998!) and by then they'll be a bunch of great titles to play as well.

Speaking of which that Mario game is abit strange, it looks great but it similarly doesn't look like Mario or the traditional 3D Mario experience. The World they showed off on the Treehouse stream after the hub world looked really simple and basic. It seems the levels are much more open and full of space than 64 etc. Interesting certainly and full of originality.

Nintendo (Conference + Treehouse Post-Show)

Announcement Round-Up:
  • Fire Emblem Warriors - New 3DS & Switch - Dynasty Warriors spin-off, Fall 2017
  • Kirby - Switch - 2018
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild DLC - Switch - Master Trials on June 30. Champions Ballard this Fall
  • Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions - 3DS
  • Metroid: Samus Returns - 3DS - 2.5D Remake of Metroid 2, September 15
  • Metroid Prime 4 - Switch
  • Rocket League - Switch
  • Super Mario Odyssey - Switch - October 27
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Switch - Holiday 2017
  • Yoshi - Switch - 2018

Last edited:
Thanks for the spoiler free post Grav, made E3 enjoyable to watch :)

Nintendo won this E3 for me, so many good games coming out this year hopefully I will be able to ger a Nintendo Switch soon. Fire Emblem Warriors looks really fun and they showed female Corrin which is huge plus for me. And yay new Fire Emblem Amiibo Chrom and Tiki, I hope they go up for preorder soon.

Metroid Samus Returns is a definite buy, never played Metroid 2 before so I can't wait to play this. Nice to see Metroid Prime 4 announced. New Metroid Amiibo look cool, definite buys for me, same with the new Zelda Amiibo shown.

Nice to see Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga remade, can't wait to see what improvements they made and finally all Mario and Luigi games are playable on 3DS with this. Love the look of Super Mario Odyssey, really happy it's coming out in October. Definitely need those new Mario Amiibo shown and I can finally get one of Koopa Troopa <3

Happy to see Xenoblade Chronicles will be coming out this year, still need to play the first one and X but at least 2 is a separate story from 1. Music sounds really nice and the characters look cool. Nice to see a main Pokemon game will be coming on Switch in the future, can't wait to see what they do with it.

Back