E3 2010

Nintendo 3DS - First thing they say is that there will be no glasses. You can change the intensity of the 3D via a slider, from max to none at all. Graphical Improvement to the 3DS. New Slide pad on the console, as well as a gyro-sensor and a slide sensor and compatibility to DSi, but has 2 camera lenses. Why? to take 3D pictures. It will also be able to play 3D movies on the DS, including stuff from Pixar, warner bros and dreamworks available at the nintendo booth. Now to the gaming aspect. Project Sora which was announced last year was a project to create a game soley for the 3DS. what is this you say? Kid Icarus: Uprising

Professor Layton 3D

METAL GEAR SOLID :eek:

Last year the gaming media pilloried Nintendo's press conference and praised Microsoft... My how the tables have turned!

Nintendo have gone hardcore.

New titles which will be added for the 3DS will have games such as Nintendogs and Cats. They show a list of third party companies. Basically announcing a new Reisdent Evil, Metal Gear Solid, Kingdom Hearts: RE Coded, Assassins Creed: Lost Legacy, games from Level 5, Atlus and so on. They couldn't really convey the 3DS to us watching online, but they brought round women chained to 3DSs so people can try the console out.. We'll need to wait for official previews for a better idea on them.

the 3DS sounds intense, though i don't think a 3D console of any kind is really my cup of tea

but i can't really judge untill i see a demo of how it works etc.

stuart-says-yes said:
Damn, 73 3DS games have been confirmed
Including, starfox, pilotwings, paper mario, street fighter IV, animal crossing and Mario Kart, and some games from the Shin Megami Tensei series like Persona

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/article.php?id=17922
I don't know why they mention mario kart. When was the last time a Ninty console did NOT have Mario Kart =P I want me some portable Smash Bros dammit!

Shin Megami Tensei
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor

About time!!!

Lord Almighty, I've already murdered my finances buying games for my DSi... I have to do it all over again.

Now all I need is a 3D Chibi Robo!

stuart-says-yes said:
Genkina Hito said:
Shin Megami Tensei

About time!!!

Lord Almighty, I've already murdered my finances buying games for my DSi... I have to do it all over again.

DS games are backwards compatible with the 3DS

@ sparrow, If they announced 3DS SSB it would loose its impact because of all the other newly announced 3DS games and they don't want to repeat the mistake made with Brawl where it was over hyped

Good point. I really hope they make one though.

Genkina Hito said:
Shin Megami Tensei

About time!!!

Didn't they already do a chibi robo Ds =/

Meh, no mention of 'The Last Guardian' at all, I was hoping to see some gameplay. I ended up missing the first 15-20 minutes of Sony though :[

Genkina Hito said:
Shin Megami Tensei

About time!!!

...Those are all straight buys wonder if they will bring MegaTen 2 over as well...

Odd, I was expecting a new Warioware game since they always do one to show off the new technology of their latest machine.

It could work well in 3D... moving things to make up pictures, avoiding falling blocks by tiliting it so the character falls towards the screen etc...

Most of all, though, that 3D camera sounds excellent. As did the 3DS machines chained to women :eek:

late, so i apologise, but here's the Sony Conference stuff

Start by going for gameplay for Killzone 3, which has been built from the ground up to work with 3D. For release on Feb 2011. And will have full functionality with playstation move.

Sorcery - first full game to be shown for the PS3 Move. The controls for it match that of the Wii motion plus now, however asides from that, it is pretty impressive with its control. Seems very straight forward to cast the spells like a whirlwind, requiring you to swing the remote in a circle then flicking it forward, and you can control it as well. Set for a Spring 2011 release.

EA Sports: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 - Pretty much golf with a move controller instead of a club, and none of the walking about. At least, that is how the controls make it look. Will be an automatic update for the game when move becomes available.

Heroes on the Move - Insomniacs title for the move, with Ratchet and Clank, Jak & Daxter and Sly Cooper in the game.

Then Kevin Butler comes on and goes completely potty, that and just tries to sell the PS3 move as much as he can, and it gets a lotta laughs from the crowd.

Playstation move will be released in Europe first, on the 15th of september, USA on the 19th and finally in japan on the 21st of october. The motion controller will be available for $49.99 and the navigation controller at $29.99. The bundle of the playstation eye, full contoller(both parts) and Sports Champions for $99.99. PS3 move bundle for $399.99. With 15-20 titles available from launch.

Surprisingly, Resi 5 Gold Edition will be made useable for Playstation move.

God of War: Ghost of Sparta not much shown, but is a new PSP title. The 3rd Birthday looks to be the name for the new parasite eve game which will be available for PSP, and Invisimals will use a new PSP camera peripheral.

LittleBigPlanet 2 - One of their main ideas it seems is to add a lot more to the creation tools. You can create mini games of any varieties, contra style, FPS, tonnes of types of games. They even can make full RTS games.

The expected subscription section of PSN starts later this month, for $49.99 a year or $17.99 for a quarter. The main problem i have here, is you get that content, but you can only have it for the duration of you sibscription? Right...

Medal of Honor - A continuation from the EA conference, but showing new content. Giving us a better view of the multiplayer maps available on the show floor, but nothing so far on the campaign, despite its October 12th release date. It will have a PS3 exclusive LE, which will have a remastered HD Medal of Honor: Frontline.

Dead Space 2 - A direct continuation from what was shown at EAs conference. Continuing with the boss fight that was just about to start then. It will also have a limited edition version which comes with Dead Space Extraction(was a Wii exclusive until now) with Playstation move support.

Portal 2 - Hah, we expected this. Valve where saying "It's not portal 2" but it actually is. So we get a trailer for it now.

Final Fantasy XIV - They are giving us a brief video for the upcoming MMO, showing a little combat, but mainly cinematics and so on. By the look of things, nothing on Versus XIII.

Assassins Creed: Brotherhood will get a unique set of maps as DLC for PS3 exclusively. They also give us the world premier for the multiplayer.
Nothing for gameplay wise though, but it looks like it will be based on everyone going against each other.

Gran Turismo 5 - We get a new trailer for this, showing that it even has the top gear test track on it. And it is set to have a release on the 5th of november this year.

Infamous 2 - We get a new look into the game with an all new trailer.Set for release next year, but nothing more set than that.

For the last surprise, they bring on a truck and such for announcing the new Twisted Metal game for PS3. We get to see some of the online team deathmatch mode. You can now use flying vehicles like copters and such which adds a new element to the gameplay. They also show us a new game mode called Nuke. Which involves you capturing the opposing faction leader, and you have to use them to help destroy the opposing factions statue.

Sparrowsabre7 said:
When was the last time a Ninty console did NOT have Mario Kart?

NES
GameBoy
GameBoy Color
Virtual Boy

Not for a long time has a Nintendo console been without a Mario Kart game of its own.

Back