Durarara single dvds

bakum4tsu

Pokémon Master
I really enjoyed the show though the middle episodios were kinda meh.

I do wanna buy the show but the single dvds are a bit expensive and the price doesnt seem to come down. Do they have anything special that comes with it? Can anyone explain why they are still expensive even though they came out a few months ago??

1. Because it's Beez who brought them out

And

2. Because the singles are differently package compared to over DVD singles you may see. I mean they do look good, if Beez did one thing that everyone else didn't it was to go out of their way to give us something different.

They were a niche release (no dub and no big marketing campaign) so they are priced higher than normal to compensate for them having a limited audience. I second the comments about the packaging looking pretty good.

Beez's later releases don't tend to drop in price to almost nothing like Manga's DVDs do.

R

And unless they've remastered he audio they come with badly quantised background noises for about the first half of the series and the subs are a little 'speedy'.

I dont care about the dub so thats fine for me.

Regarding the package, does anyone can post some photos of it? SO I can see whats all the fuss about :D

bakum4tsu said:

Regarding the package, does anyone can post some photos of it? SO I can see whats all the fuss about :D

2012-01-22170326.jpg

Top Left: Volume 1 on it's side
Top Right: Volume 3 standing up
Bottom: Volume 2 opened

As you can see, they're like books and feature a whole lot of excellen artwork

britguy said:
bakum4tsu said:

2012-01-22170326.jpg

Top Left: Volume 1 on it's side
Top Right: Volume 3 standing up
Bottom: Volume 2 opened

As you can see, they're like books and feature a whole lot of excellen artwork

ooooh nice i see why the price. Really great indeed. If i look too much time to the photo, i might buy the dvds next minute lolol

kippy666 said:
animefreak17 said:
reborn said:
animefreak17 said:
i have them but if they dub it then il get the boxset and sell the singles.
You mean you didn't know there was already a dub out?
im waiting for the uk release
I thought Beez were only going to release the titles that had dates, Code Geass R2 being the last.
They could probably sell/transfer the license over to Kaze. Then, they just need the masters off Siren, and they can release it for next to nothing.

Bit of a rip off, cos remember when they first announced it? Andrew said that people could trade in their sub only DVDs to get the dubbed boxset at a cheaper price.

britguy said:
Yeah seems like most of the newer Beez titles are.

Looking forward to buying House of Five Leaves

House of the five leaves have the same look as durarara cases?? Maybe thats why its so expensive though it just 13 episodes i guess

bakum4tsu said:
britguy said:
Yeah seems like most of the newer Beez titles are.

Looking forward to buying House of Five Leaves

House of the five leaves have the same look as durarara cases?? Maybe thats why its so expensive though it just 13 episodes i guess

Got all three of my Durarara DVDs this week... the Australian versions from Siren.

Back