Durarara Disc Replacement Programme Enacted

animefreak17 said:
DragonBlaze67 said:
animefreak17 said:
Anyone got a email yet about this

Jeremy said it would be awhile/a few days till everyone gets email confirmation so most of us should probably receive one by the end of the this coming week.

I know that I was just asking

All going well should be this week. (I've been in Germany the past 4 days and was hoping to get the ball rolling with those over the weekend. Unfortunately the hotel wifi wouldn't work. Very helpful as you can imagine.)

anime_andrew said:
Fairly sure Funimation hold UK rights for DtB so I'd say the odds aren't bad for it coming sooner or later somehow (I'd be super keen to get my hands on it if I could though).
They definitely do - I watched it all on FUNimation's YouTube channel. It's not in the same situation as Baccano since it was FUNimation, not Aniplex, who released it on BD in the US.

Just got an email confirming my discs have been sent out.
Hi,

Team Anime Limited here. We hope all is well and that you had a good weekend.

We just wanted to give you an update to say that your replacement Durarara!! Blu-ray discs have been sent to you today via First Class Royal Mail. (We have sent you a Standard Edition version of our Durarara!! release as it contains our re-authored Blu-ray discs.)

You should receive these within the next few days. If you have any questions about this please feel free to ask.

Kind regards,

Team Anime Limited
Many thanks to all the Anime Ltd Staff who have worked hard to get these out to me. (in particular Jeremy who will probably have every word and scene burned into his eyes and ears after all that QCing)

Received email too! I'll get round to watching the last arc now! Looking forward to receiving these, thanks AL!

(We have sent you a Standard Edition version of our Durarara!! release as it contains our re-authored Blu-ray discs.)

That's even better than I expected!

I wouldn't worry. I haven't got mine it I only sent my request in recently so sure they have plenty to get through.

animefreak17 said:
speedyspeck said:
animefreak17 said:
Which disk is it guys

It's all of them you'll need to swap over as far as I'm aware.

I thought it was just the one disk
No it's all of them, the show suffered from mistimed subs from time to time, some subs only showing for a second before changing and the show didn't have sign subs so watching the dub was a pain. All fixed now.

Rosencrantz said:
Jeremy_Graves said:
You need to give this a read: http://blog.alltheanime.com/unboxing_details_durarara/
I go into detail about what is different and such :)

I note some users have already received replacements, do you have a time frame on when all currently registered with the programme will have their copies sent out?

We're working to get them out as quickly as possible, but there are a lot of them to fulfil (and we're handling all of this directly from our HQ, including the shipment of each.) I will add that we're making sure to send confirmation emails to everyone who has their replacement fulfilled as go along, so once you get that email you'll know it's on the way :) Hope that helps.

Jeremy_Graves said:
Rosencrantz said:
Jeremy_Graves said:
You need to give this a read: http://blog.alltheanime.com/unboxing_details_durarara/
I go into detail about what is different and such :)

I note some users have already received replacements, do you have a time frame on when all currently registered with the programme will have their copies sent out?

We're working to get them out as quickly as possible, but there are a lot of them to fulfil (and we're handling all of this directly from our HQ, including the shipment of each.) I will add that we're making sure to send confirmation emails to everyone who has their replacement fulfilled as go along, so once you get that email you'll know it's on the way :) Hope that helps.

Thanks for the update

I've just noted you did have an update about this is a newswire from 2 days ago.

The problem? I don't have a good reason to visit your site on a regular basis.
The Solution You need to advertise the newswire more

This is a thread dedicated to the replacement program but you've not put a post linking to your newswire in it. You've had to reactively respond to my query when you could of already had a quick message in this thread that would lead me to your website and the new information. Writing a newswire no doubt takes time and effort, so maximising it's impact seems like a good idea and a quick message in relevant threads across forums AL are active in would seem like a wise move.

^ They do tend to post it in the A/L thread when its live (I'm sure Jeremy has each time?), as well as on social media platforms (though I know some don't use them) I'm not sure what else they could do to promote it? Forum members post that its up in the news thread too.

EDIT: Wait, you may have meant other forums like UKAnime or something, if so I will take my coat and leave as I don't frequent there nowadays so no clue how the newswire is attended to there

I'm awaiting my email, I didn't apply instantly so not expecting to be in the first couple of send outs, which isn't a problem ..got my backlog to try to make a dent in..

Back