Durarara Disc Replacement Programme Enacted

Well, I've done the survey and sent the email. I don't know if a screencap of my order on the Zavvi website counts as proof of purchase, but I also attached a pic of the limited edition number card thingy so that should be enough.
I'm really looking forward to receiving these discs so I can rewatch Drrr before starting on the new series. Hopefully the date won't slip back from late May.

Wasn't 100% so sent a screen shot of my order details from Amazon and a photo of my number card thing, hopefully should be okay with that. Really looking forward to getting these as, unlike the Cowboy Bebop errors, the issues with Durarara really impacted my enjoyment of the show.

DOne and done, the issues with subs didn't really impact me until the final arc and I just gave up because they were that bad. Looking forward to rewatching this correctly.

I watched it dubbed, so it wasn't too much of an issue until the scenes where Simon spoke Russian and I was left scrambling for the remote.

Unsure what else I missed out on without a signs track, most of the text conversations were spoken aloud.

Not that it makes a whole lot of difference to me, but will the subs still be yellow?

Hey guys, just to say that it's me fronting the running of this replacement scheme. My intention is to give everyone some kind of email confirmation we received their information and that they will receive a replacement once available. It might take a while/ a few days before people get that email from me - currently knee deep in logging in data as I type this - but I will send everyone some kind of confirmation :)

Hope that helps.

Just submitted my details for this. Unlike the Gurenn Lagaan didipak issue this one it a little annoying.

still, grateful that we will get replacement disks eventually *smile*

SunlightHeart said:
Just submitted my details for this. Unlike the Gurenn Lagaan didipak issue this one it a little annoying.

Given we're likely shipping a lot of these off out our own cost and on our own time etc it goes a long way to how much we do care about delivering quality if nothing else.

yin_attempting_to_smile_by_lilith_zer0-d336dxk.jpg

anime_andrew said:
SunlightHeart said:

Given we're likely shipping a lot of these off out our own cost and on our own time etc it goes a long way to how much we do care about delivering quality if nothing else.

DARKER THAN BLACK ANNOUNCEMENT?!?!?

Jokes aside, I for one really appreciate the lengths you've gone to in making things right (even when things weren't really that wrong) with your releases so far.

NoSurprises said:
anime_andrew said:
SunlightHeart said:

DARKER THAN BLACK ANNOUNCEMENT?!?!?

Jokes aside, I for one really appreciate the lengths you've gone to in making things right (even when things weren't really that wrong) with your releases so far.

Oh boy, I wish for DtB but alas not. Jokes aside for DRR they really were wrong and the people I work with at Siren were upset too - the person responsible for the fail there is no longer working there either so they took it very seriously too. It wasn't to a standard I was happy with so re-doing it made a whole tonne of sense.

AP

britguy said:
serpantino said:
The ones from your Xmas sale were all fixed versions weren't they? Not got round to watching yet.

No, there has only been one pressing of the set.

Thanks for that. I haven't been following this issue because I thought it was only 1 batch and I haven't got round to watching it yet.

Kudos to Andrew for getting it sorted.

anime_andrew said:
Oh boy, I wish for DtB but alas not. Jokes aside for DRR they really were wrong and the people I work with at Siren were upset too - the person responsible for the fail there is no longer working there either so they took it very seriously too. It wasn't to a standard I was happy with so re-doing it made a whole tonne of sense.

AP
Off topic I know, but what is the situation with DtB's BD rights? I was under the impression that it was in a similar situation to Baccano due to a BD Box being released about two years after the initial DVD release in Japan.
Do Aniplex not want to license the Bluray rights out further, or is a case of Manga already having BD rights?

I also want to say another big thanks to you Andrew for going out of your way to fix this release since it's something that pretty much everyone else would have left as is.
Considering the video/audio assets are exactly the same as AniplexUSA's/Aniplex JP's BD Box, this would technically be better - and cheaper than both releases.

Mangaranga said:
Off topic I know, but what is the situation with DtB's BD rights? I was under the impression that it was in a similar situation to Baccano due to a BD Box being released about two years after the initial DVD release in Japan.
Do Aniplex not want to license the Bluray rights out further, or is a case of Manga already having BD rights?

Fairly sure Funimation hold UK rights for DtB so I'd say the odds aren't bad for it coming sooner or later somehow (I'd be super keen to get my hands on it if I could though).

Mangaranga said:
I also want to say another big thanks to you Andrew for going out of your way to fix this release since it's something that pretty much everyone else would have left as is.

Considering the video/audio assets are exactly the same as AniplexUSA's/Aniplex JP's BD Box, this would technically be better - and cheaper than both releases.

Luckily we were waiting on DVD assets still anyway so what we did was had to trade off any collector's packaging on it when we do it in May to make up for the cost difference and hopefully not bleed on the product. There's two ways to tackle it:

Personally - I don't want any product with real errors being left out there, whoever's fault it is we are responsible at the end of the day so when it's a genuine error we'll make right on it as soon as we can.

Business wise - It's good for business and fans to know we do make right any problems and that we do care beyond just unit sales.

Giving it away too - with check discs coming in this should hit shops after MCM Expo. I'm hoping however to have copies out to people on the replacement list before that (aka still May) if we can though.

AP

animefreak17 said:
Anyone got a email yet about this

Jeremy said it would be awhile/a few days till everyone gets email confirmation so most of us should probably receive one by the end of the this coming week.

Back