Dragonball Z Kai sneak peak on Kix

chaos

The Boss
"As Christmas is fast approaching we've decided to give our loyal Kix fans a real festive treat that you simply cannot afford to miss!

Dragonball Z Kai is coming to Kix in January, but we're giving you some exclusive sneak peek episodes from 6pm on Boxing Day all the way till the 28th December.

So tune in everyday at 6pm to catch all the action from this epic series of super fighters from across the galaxy.

Pretty cool right?"

From Kix website

Source

Ok this has forced me to actually look up what the Kai part of DBZ entails and it's looking good, filler removed and greatly improved image quality.

Looks like there are some edits to the series for TV though? Which version do we expect to air?

I gave it a shot when it started airing in Japan, didn't like it. Will give it another shot.

Especially as y'know, Goku's voice will no longer sound like a 6 year old with his balls in a vice.

I watched this with Luke (8)...during the first half ep 1, my sister-in-law was skyping with her family which annoyed me.

Luke didn't like it. I thought it was meh and....VIC STOP SINGING!

Finally Dragonball Z is back on

I had no idea it was coming back on UK screens until today. I can't wait to watch it again, I just hope that the don't cut it half way through.

Having watched today's eps I'm left thinking it did not have the impact it used to

What strikes me as wrong with this version is the theme music, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c8FzDm4Gbo might of been cheesy but it was catchy and had some bite to it.

-edit- Lets face it the content of the show is the same but now it doesn't have the impact of that music or the promise of action scenes that old intro showed

I'm going to have to miss tomorrow's episodes because I'm meeting up with friends...and I oddly don't care.

I really hate how the OP/ED are newly animated and look amazing, but the animation in the actual episodes is still dated as hell.

Even though nostalgic to the first time I watched the series, I don't think I can sit down and watched a watered down, heavily censored version of the show now, even if it has no filler. As soon as the Farmer with the Shotgun's death was cut out, I just couldn't be bothered.

Still, nice to see it back on TV and everything.

While I did notice the shotgun shot omission, I have to say that I was certainly impressed by how much of the grizzly stuff they actually left in there. In particular, I was fascinated by the sheer number of times "die" and "death" were used; and I was totally taken aback by the use of the word "heaven"--and "devil", as well. I was frightened that Kix! would treat Kai in much the same way as Jetix treated NARUTO, but I feel not so apprehensive now, having watched the six preview episodes. Beyond the removal of the use of the shotgun, I couldn't really pick up on any further edits beyond what Nicktoons had already applied in the U.S.--so I have to admit that I've really enjoyed the past few days' viewing.

Does anyone know if there is a difference between the showings early in the day and the late ones at 9pm?

Just wondering if there are less cuts or whether its the same?

I'd record it and check but I'm always recording other things at that time of day.

Dan said:
Does anyone know if there is a difference between the showings early in the day and the late ones at 9pm?

I'd record it and check but I'm always recording other things at that time of day.
I doubt it. Kix and other kid channels always repeat their shows in blocks.

Joshawott said:
Dan said:

I doubt it. Kix and other kid channels always repeat their shows in blocks.

I thought not but always best to check. Thanks for the answer :)

Back