Dragonball Kai on Nicktoons???????????????

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... ball-z-kai

Found this really weird
Nicktoons (not even the main channel) are going to show Dragonball Kai on their channel starting May 2010 with of course most of the original dub cast and new animation and more condensed

I would of thought Cartoon Network would have got this straight away but nick got it. Really hoping it would make it's transition to over here soon because i can't see no idea why

The article also mentions a show called 'Voltron Panthera Force' but it is not specified if it is animated or not

Because of how screwed up things are with our kids networks, I bet this will end up on Cartoon Network or Disney XD... if at all. Awesome news though. I hope we have HD channels by that point.

I think it... will show up though. Obviously wait and see but this isn't a SyFy/[AS] thing. We get YGO and that's a NickToons show.

Jayme said:
I think it... will show up though. Obviously wait and see but this isn't a SyFy/[AS] thing. We get YGO and that's a NickToons show.

if naruto/op/bleach can't get on uk

DB has no chance

not to mention no one has a clue who owns the european DB rights

Ryo Chan said:
Jayme said:

if naruto/op/bleach can't get on uk

DB has no chance

not to mention no one has a clue who owns the european DB rights
AB Groupe, but that's just DB/Z/GT, unless they decide to dub Kai :eek:

Jayme said:
Naruto, One Piece and Bleach have all aired in the UK at some stage.

key word is "have" and that was when anime was getting pushed by CN, Jetix and the anime channels.

nicktoons are the most likely of all channels to show it and seeing how they prefer to run re-runs of Yu-gi-oh, Avatar and fairy odd parent, i can't see that happening any time soon

Disney XD have Pokémon on daily still (also airs on ITV4 mornings, I think) and Bakugan airs on Cartoon Network. CITV air some stuff as well. The ****'s still around, and this is motherfrakkin' Dragon Ball!

I dunno why but I do think it will air somewhere at some stage, if only for a week, over here.

anything involving cards or something is a given for showing

it is little anime for kids

but i'll tell you what, if Dragonball Kai appears on UK TV at all in 2010, i will watch every single ep of one piece

Ryo Chan said:
anything involving cards or something is a given for showing

it is little anime for kids

but i'll tell you what, if Dragonball Kai appears on UK TV at all in 2010, i will watch every single ep of one piece
4Kids dubbed? If so, then that's a challenge :D

The problem is Manga are sitting there with crap like Naruto and Bleach and not bothering to get the quality shows like One Piece and Dragonball.

It's not like they don't know that AB Groupe are there and I dunno what anyone said to make them unwilling to distribute any more (though I can think of a few cuss words in their direction following the DB Movies flustercuck) but Manga just want to sit with their thumbs up their asses and I say let them.

No Dragonball for you!

Except if your a pirate.

Conan-san said:
The problem is Manga are sitting there with crap like Naruto and Bleach and not bothering to get the quality shows like One Piece and Dragonball.

It's not like they don't know that AB Groupe are there and I dunno what anyone said to make them unwilling to distribute any more (though I can think of a few cuss words in their direction following the DB Movies flustercuck) but Manga just want to sit with their thumbs up their asses and I say let them.

No Dragonball for you!

Except if your a pirate.

i'll put it this way

the reason we got the blue water dubs of DB and GT wasn't because of money

AB and Funi do not get on

Whenever something happens that suggests the UK may have a lucky chance anime-wise for once, there's always at least one sceptic.

I know we usually aren't as lucky as America (Actually, make that 95% of the time), but this is Dragonball we're talking about, this actually has a chance of at least a UK release.

Really, I think the UK anime community needs to be more optimistic if we want anything decent to happen. If we keep a sour face whenever there's a tiny ray of light barely anything will happen.

stuart-says-yes said:
I think DB Kai is a given here think about how popular DB/Z/GT was when it aired here (I think)

As long as we get a R2 dvd/Bd release im not complaining
Well, no-one owns the rights to it, (unless AB Groupe own the rights to EVERYTHING dragonball anime-related and not even Funi own that), it's pretty much a sure thing

Kezwick_Osaka said:
Whenever something happens that suggests the UK may have a lucky chance anime-wise for once, there's always at least one sceptic.

I know we usually aren't as lucky as America (Actually, make that 95% of the time), but this is Dragonball we're talking about, this actually has a chance of at least a UK release.

Really, I think the UK anime community needs to be more optimistic if we want anything decent to happen. If we keep a sour face whenever there's a tiny ray of light barely anything will happen.
QFT, I reckon this will get on TV and DVD seeing how popular it is, except pretty much everyone else doesn't :?

Kezwick_Osaka said:

not being sceptic, just realistic

if Naruto and Bleach..... shows that haven't even had a proper running in the uk yet can't get on, why would a show that's repeated god knows how many times get a showing?

don't get me wrong, i'm not saying it won't happen at all, just it's 2010, we're in a recession, CN in the US doesn't even have any intrest in anime really atm and our nick isn't exactly the most popular kids channel in the world

Back