Dragon Ball Z Kai getting UK Release

megagold5 said:
Been holding off on watching/getting Kai for a long time. Kinda put off by having the, quite frankly rubbish, old Japanese music in it now. Guess I shall go for these BDs though....

I guess this only applies if you watched Dragon Ball Z Kai during its initial Japanese broadcast (or if you imported Parts 1 to 4 of Dragon Ball Z Kai on release day in America); otherwise (unless you know about the change) you probably wouldn't notice.

Either-way I prefer the original music; feels more authentic.

Emo185 said:
megagold5 said:
Been holding off on watching/getting Kai for a long time. Kinda put off by having the, quite frankly rubbish, old Japanese music in it now. Guess I shall go for these BDs though....

I guess this only applies if you watched Dragon Ball Z Kai during its initial Japanese broadcast (or if you imported Parts 1 to 4 of Dragon Ball Z Kai on release day in America); otherwise (unless you know about the change) you probably wouldn't notice.

Either-way I prefer the original music; feels more authentic.

As much as people may hate me for it, I FAR prefer the Faulcauner score for Z than the Japanese score. It just fits the show so much better.

I'm quite fond of most of the scores used for DBZ over the years. Even the recycled Mega Man music for the Ocean dub post Frieza :p

Shunsuke Kikuchi's score for the original version is great, gives DBZ that 80s martial arts film feel. Only flaw is that it got a bit repetitive by the time it hit Cell/Buu, but it still suits DBZ well. Also Spirit vs Spirit with Hironobu Kageyama kicks ass. Nuff said. However, I don't think Kikuchi's score fits Kai at all. The faster editing of Kai clashes horribly with Z's music, and the track placement feels sloppy and ill-fitting. I realise this was due to the need to hurry with a replacement score thanks to the Yamamoto plagiarism debacle, but it is most unfortunate.

Shuki Levi's stuff for Saban Ball Z is the most nostalgic to me as it's DBZ as I remember it from Toonami. Rock the Dragon all the way. I actually really dig the synthy style of Bruce Faulconer's score too. He came up with some great themes, like his SSJ3 transformation theme, the Gohan Angers themes and especially Spirit Bomb. My only two problems were that he didn't really use silence enough, and he TOTALLY botched Gohan's SSJ2 transformation scene.

Ath said:
I'm quite fond of most of the scores used for DBZ over the years. Even the recycled Mega Man music for the Ocean dub post Frieza :p

Shunsuke Kikuchi's score for the original version is great, gives DBZ that 80s martial arts film feel. Only flaw is that it got a bit repetitive by the time it hit Cell/Buu, but it still suits DBZ well. Also Spirit vs Spirit with Hironobu Kageyama kicks ass. Nuff said. However, I don't think Kikuchi's score fits Kai at all. The faster editing of Kai clashes horribly with Z's music, and the track placement feels sloppy and ill-fitting. I realise this was due to the need to hurry with a replacement score thanks to the Yamamoto plagiarism debacle, but it is most unfortunate.

Shuki Levi's stuff for Saban Ball Z is the most nostalgic to me as it's DBZ as I remember it from Toonami. Rock the Dragon all the way. I actually really dig the synthy style of Bruce Faulconer's score too. He came up with some great themes, like his SSJ3 transformation theme, the Gohan Angers themes and especially Spirit Bomb. My only two problems were that he didn't really use silence enough, and he TOTALLY botched Gohan's SSJ2 transformation scene.

SSJ3 Ascension theme, still one of my favourite pieces of music of all time.

Invisible Crane said:
SnowWolf said:
Remember guys, these will be Manga Blu rays. Be careful.

Wish they could put the new Ocean English dub for Kai on there as well.

Wait, Ocean actually dubbed DBZ Kai?, how does it compare to Funi's dub

Yeah it exists somewhere, it has been recording and someone paid for it but other then that we know nothing about it haha!! It has been almost 5 years since news surfaced about an Ocean dub. Sadly I doubt we will see it.

Not manga :( that's no surprise but still.... this'll mean the releases will probably be poor quality and manga will decide to change the releases to DVD only half way through. I'd love to get Kai but I really don't want to risk the disappointments that come with Manga UK releases.

So we can expect Super to get a home video release the next time they bring DB out of the Disney Vault?

That sounds about the strategy that manga uses.

Back