Dragon Ball Z Kai getting UK Release

That makes sense with the recent annoucement of a new Dragon Ball series starting in July.

Hopefully this means that Funimation have finished dubbing the Majin Buu saga for Kai and plan on releasing later this year as that could have been one of the reason why Manga have picked up DBZ Kai till now due to it only going upto the end of the Cell saga.

Kai has its pros and cons (especially the mess that is the music situation), but there's still a lot I like about it. I did get the bargain of the year when I got the complete AU BD set for £44, so I won't be buying this, but it is good to see it will be available in the UK.

Well this is actually pretty decent - and glad to see the BR support confirmed too. Will definitely be grabbing these.

I have literally never watched Dragonball before.

So how does the series go?
Do the Dragonball Z movies fit into the Kai series or are they based around the original Z series?

The movies don't really fit into anything. There are some vague listings floating around about where people THINK they fit, but there are too many discrepancies against the series for the movies to be seen as anything other than alternate timeline-type stuff.

So basically the series goes this (for canon)

Dragon Ball (Sets 1-5)
Dragon Ball Z Kai
Dragon Ball Movie 14
Dragon Ball Movie 15 (just released)
Dragon Ball Z Super (coming this summer)?

Some things I've just read say the latest two movies are canon.

Probably gonna be Funi's dub, the voice acting is a lot better than the original Funimation DBZ dub though the music will be the Kikuchi score not the Kenji Yamamoto

Elaniel said:
So basically the series goes this (for canon)

Dragon Ball (Sets 1-5)
Dragon Ball Z Kai
Dragon Ball Movie 14
Dragon Ball Movie 15 (just released)
Dragon Ball Z Super (coming this summer)?

Some things I've just read say the latest two movies are canon.
Sorry, I completely forgot about movies 14 and 15! Yeah, like IL said, that's right.

If you do get into DB, the other (non-canon) movies are still worth watching anyway...they're mostly a lot of fun.

Phew, I was so close to importing these on several occasions, but now I'll wait. Blu-ray support was a very, very pleasant surprise.

Been holding off on watching/getting Kai for a long time. Kinda put off by having the, quite frankly rubbish, old Japanese music in it now. Guess I shall go for these BDs though.

Cant help but be suspicious of Manga and any sort of multi-part BD release though, if you know what I mean...

megagold5 said:
Been holding off on watching/getting Kai for a long time. Kinda put off by having the, quite frankly rubbish, old Japanese music in it now. Guess I shall go for these BDs though.

Cant help but be suspicious of Manga and any sort of multi-part BD release though, if you know what I mean...

I know what you mean. Still waiting on those Hellsing IX and X announcements. I've almost given up hope.

Remember guys, these will be Manga Blu rays. Be careful.

Wish they could put the new Ocean English dub for Kai on there as well.

Invisible Crane said:
SnowWolf said:
Remember guys, these will be Manga Blu rays. Be careful.

Wish they could put the new Ocean English dub for Kai on there as well.

Wait, Ocean actually dubbed DBZ Kai?, how does it compare to Funi's dub

No clue, no ones seen it.

It has been confirmed that we will see it soon.

Rumor has it it might be broadcast only though since it has it's own theme song.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com.au/dail ... oon/.80730

Back