Download Festival

Espy

Thousand Master
I have a feeling this topic is going to crash and burn, but I'll give it a shot anyway.

Anyone going to Download Festival this year? I just got my ticket, the thought of Megadeth and Iron Maiden (and laughing at My Chemical Romance getting bottled) sold me instantly. I think I'll have to travel further than most of you English peeps though.

As much as I like Megadeth, they are awful live. I've seen them twice on different tours and their current line-up is probably the worst. They just seem to stand around and not move much either.

Iron Maiden are still all kinds of awesome on stage though and just bursting with energy.

I think it's kinda idiotic to throw stuff at any band you don't like and perhaps equally as idiotic to laugh at it.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
As much as I like Megadeth, they are awful live. I've seen them twice on different tours and their current line-up is probably the worst. They just seem to stand around and not move much either.

Iron Maiden are still all kinds of awesome on stage though and just bursting with energy.

I think it's kinda idiotic to throw stuff at any band you don't like and perhaps equally as idiotic to laugh at it.

Although I've never seen Megadeth live, I have seen more than enough live footage to safely say Mustaine's voice sounds like a bag of doorknobs being slung around. :lol:

Weird, I've heard a lot of praise for their live shows. Regardless.

By "being bottled" I just really meant, oh, how should I say it, poor audience reception? Heheh. I didn't mean literally bottled, sorry about that (though I can't deny I cracked a grin at that Panic At The Disco footage).

I would, but I don't really listen to Heavy Metal much anymore, hate My Chemical Romance and the influx of crappy Nu Metal, Emo, etc. bands, and this'll be no doubt expensive as hell.

Don't get me wrong, I hate Kerrang, but there are a lot of good bands playing, like Dream Theater. And there's enough thrash there to keep any metalhead happy.

WTFDaveMustaine said:

Unless your watching 50 Cent at Download.... rofl, he didnt have his thinking cap on when signing up to that gig.

Xelis said:
WTFDaveMustaine said:

Unless your watching 50 Cent at Download.... rofl, he didnt have his thinking cap on when signing up to that gig.

i think you mean at Reading sweet,i was there.And i must say it was a sight to behold.He got a bloody blow up paddling pool thrown at him,as well as camping chairs etc

TRASHBAT said:
Xelis said:
WTFDaveMustaine said:

i think you mean at Reading sweet,i was there.And i must say it was a sight to behold.He got a bloody blow up paddling pool thrown at him,as well as camping chairs etc

My misstake, still I saw the video on youtube it looked like a the arrows scene from 300 lol.

This year i am skipping the Download Festival in favour of the Bull Dog Bash, which is a weekend of bikes, music and alcohol, I just have to get hold of a bike so I can take part in the track/drag racing

I'm seriously considering Download this year - Iron Maiden should be unmissable but yeah, Megadeth were a little underwhelming in '05 (supposedly their last UK show!). Machine Head's new album is very good so I'll be interested to see them too. Stonesour aren't half bad either (Corey Taylor sounds great when he sings properly).

If I was ten years younger I'd be over the moon to see My Chemical Romance but to my jaded ears they sound like Green Day after listening to too much Queen...not a bad thing I suppose but I caught them live in '05 too.

My main reason for thinking about Download this year is that the Leeds/Reading linup is pretty poor apart from NIN, a Pumpkins reunion and the Arcade Fire - paying full festival price for only three bands isn't very good value for money. Download hosts heavier stuff but I'd spend more time interested in the music instead of drinking beer, which I could do at home!

Martin said:
I'm seriously considering Download this year - Iron Maiden should be unmissable but yeah, Megadeth were a little underwhelming in '05 (supposedly their last UK show!). Machine Head's new album is very good so I'll be interested to see them too. Stonesour aren't half bad either (Corey Taylor sounds great when he sings properly).

If I was ten years younger I'd be over the moon to see My Chemical Romance but to my jaded ears they sound like Green Day after listening to too much Queen...not a bad thing I suppose but I caught them live in '05 too.

My main reason for thinking about Download this year is that the Leeds/Reading linup is pretty poor apart from NIN, a Pumpkins reunion and the Arcade Fire - paying full festival price for only three bands isn't very good value for money. Download hosts heavier stuff but I'd spend more time interested in the music instead of drinking beer, which I could do at home!

Concerning Reading,i am really only going for NIN.Though there are so many more bands to be announced,heres to hoping they'll be some good ones added! Plus i go every year regardless of whos doing it.

Not that i'd want to go to anything else though.V is just so poor,and download (though id like to go at some point) really isn't my cup of tea.Now if only there was a more punk festival.

TRASHBAT said:
Not that i'd want to go to anything else though.V is just so poor,and download (though id like to go at some point) really isn't my cup of tea.Now if only there was a more punk festival.

Unfortunately it seems the best we're going to get in that respect is the Taste Of Chaos tour. Which is all emo. I wish there was a decent amount of punk without any emo nowadays.

Back