Divergence eve... The boobs of destruction...

Hokum

Straw Hat Pirate
Just to spin off the chat and sales threads.

How could a passable story (though sadly wrapped up in about 3 minutes with no explanation in the last episode) with reasonable animation and drawing be made nearly unwatchable by huge breasts which seem to disobey both gravity and mechanical properties.

I mean there are a few moments where Misaki's breasts would have been ripped off given their violent movements, like someone with unhappy cats in a sack strapped to her chest. It just doesn’t make sense. Surely someone should of stepped in and say, wait a sec this show would be better without the boobs…

I also hate the CG animation as it really doesn’t gel with the cell type animation and its really stiff.

I think the sole purpose of the show was probably for a artists to grow crazy and make a show about boobs for either fanservice or simply because they are just lonely.

Though you can't help but question how they pilot their mechs with those things in the way!

Otaku-san said:
this isn't the only story to focus around tits and...more tits

Burn Up great example, with added ADV giggle count

There's also Najica Blitz Tactics but that's more overall fan service then anything else.

On the case of Divergence Eve, the plot was midly intresting but was too confusing at some points. However it should be noted that there was another 13 ep series releaesed that was the follow up to this, which promised to give answers (its previewd at the end of the last ep of the series). I think the amercian ADV licnesened it but as with Gravion and Gravion Zwei, the uk ADV didn't bother to licesnse the second half of the series, meaing we got half a show in respects, with little explantion for questions raised.

Will-O'-The-Wisp said:
Though you can't help but question how they pilot their mechs with those things in the way!

Airbags to help with the G forces?

BlackWolf said:
On the case of Divergence Eve, the plot was midly intresting but was too confusing at some points. However it should be noted that there was another 13 ep series releaesed that was the follow up to this, which promised to give answers (its previewd at the end of the last ep of the series).

Thought i'd spoiler this, what is the body in the "vat" healing in about ep11, you see it a couple of times. I thought this was the original Misaki after she got injured in the fight where she first changed form properly and mutually annihilated the ghoul.

The Mikaki's after i thought were chipped clones? If so what happened to the original?

The last EP is really rushed, but i'm guess she wished everyone back to as if the place was never found, when she nobbled the big ghoul?

Last edited by a moderator:
ATTENTION ALL HORESes

This is the most comprehensive site that i have kept in my bookmarks for ages.
It gives a rundown of anime girls and their valed assets, where they're from and plot synopsis. Anyhow glare away

Bring Upfront
picture relevant
bumizuha.jpg

Hokum said:
Will-O'-The-Wisp said:

Airbags to help with the G forces?

BlackWolf said:
On the case of Divergence Eve, the plot was midly intresting but was too confusing at some points. However it should be noted that there was another 13 ep series releaesed that was the follow up to this, which promised to give answers (its previewd at the end of the last ep of the series).

Thought i'd spoiler this, what is the body in the "vat" healing in about ep11, you see it a couple of times. I thought this was the original Misaki after she got injured in the fight where she first changed form properly and mutually annihilated the ghoul.

The Mikaki's after i thought were chipped clones? If so what happened to the original?

The last EP is really rushed, but i'm guess she wished everyone back to as if the place was never found, when she nobbled the big ghoul?

Those are the questions you don't get proper answers to i think, but your right with the final bit, it bascially resets everything for the Mizaki Chronicles series

Last edited by a moderator:
Bear in mind that the series we had was the first of two series, which are wrapped up in Divergence Eve: Misaki Chronicles. The second series really screws with your mind while the first was relatively straight-forward. I have always maintained that this series would have been excellent if they hadn't gone for comedy boobs in a serious sci-fi. The thing is, at the time this was aired the big-boobs thing seemed to be a commonly occurring theme in anime, which changed a short while later.

I've never seen Divergence Eve and don't have any intention to, but I heard something that intrigues me. Apparently no reference is ever made by anyone to the improbably large racks sported by the female characters. Nobody comments on them, no one has nosebleeds over them... it's as if they're perfectly normal. Given how prominent the tittage in the show actually is, this both amuses and confuses me.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Nobody comments on them, no one has nosebleeds over them... it's as if they're perfectly normal.

They dont even get as much as a second glance. I think it would of "improved" the aberrant boobs if everytime a male saw them the reaction was :eek:

But all females in the series have them except the android who is modeled on a 10 year old... Obviously you go from kira knightley to Lolo Ferrari quite naturally.

There's a new Japanese film that is released here in Spring, "Machine Girl", and there are drill boobs in it as well as a girl with a giant machine gun for an arm that she lost because of the Yakuza.

I can't remember much of the shows, but I do think the first series is better than the second.

On a boob related note Amazing Nurse Nanako, is pretty amazing.

There's a size at which female fronts cease to be objects of attraction and become ones of terror :eek: - Most of Divergence Eve's cast seems to fall into the latter category.

Honourable mentions also to GANTZ, Bleach and Witchblade while we're on the topic.

True about Witchblade although at least other characters make jokes about the breast sizes in that :p plus from what i've seen so far about Witchblade it seems to have a better plot growing

No...but truly fwappable specially the one with pink hair

Zin5ki said:
On a related note, I didn't hate Eiken.

LOl what, that show fails in comparison to the manga.
More volumes, more boobs, more action....did i mention more boobs??

I like small-chested girls myself. That is not implying that I like them "young" by the way. I like them so that they fit in my hands perfectly, maybe ever so slightly a tad bigger...sorry I am going into too much detail here.

Nevertheless, if I did meet an amazing girl and her boobs were quite big, then so be it. As if I would complain...although I probably actually would of they were 'too' big.

I'm just goona laugh at the contrast between the girls and the loli-character with pink hair...

I bought the 1st series... and was disappointed in rapid time. As mentioned: the 3D GFX; the confusing plot; the oversized balloons, all were pretty shameful. I tried getting through the start, but by the 3rd episode, I gave up.

My recommendation: save your money from this, unless you're suffering from severe anime recession. :p

Back