Discotek in the US Rescues "Monster Rancher"

SnowWolf said:
I don't know if this is in the right section because it isn't UK news.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... ime-series

To be released in 2014. The English dub will be released in 3 sets and the Original Japanese with subs will be released in 1 set.

Very excited and already know I want all 4 sets!

Hmm, so I guess the English dub sets don't have the Original Japanese audio? Or will it be a case of you can buy 3x dub/sub sets or just wait and snag a complete sub only I wonder?

I can't recall if this was cut at all for US/UK release so I wonder if that would explain 2 separate releases, one for the cut dub and one complete sub only?

Rosencrantz said:
SnowWolf said:
I don't know if this is in the right section because it isn't UK news.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... ime-series

To be released in 2014. The English dub will be released in 3 sets and the Original Japanese with subs will be released in 1 set.

Very excited and already know I want all 4 sets!

Hmm, so I guess the English dub sets don't have the Original Japanese audio? Or will it be a case of you can buy 3x dub/sub sets or just wait and snag a complete sub only I wonder?

I can't recall if this was cut at all for US/UK release so I wonder if that would explain 2 separate releases, one for the cut dub and one complete sub only?

The sets have to be separate unfortunately, the English dub is cut.

I kind of liked Monster Rancher and used to watch it on Fox Kids and even went as far as buying a DVD. I recently re-watched it and found it was still amusing. Nothing amazing, just comfort anime.

Genkina Hito said:
I kind of liked Monster Rancher and used to watch it on Fox Kids and even went as far as buying a DVD. I recently re-watched it and found it was still amusing. Nothing amazing, just comfort anime.

I'm always happy when a rewatch of something that's a little old turns up amusing rather than why did I ever watch this. A few things I've seen didn't hold up aswell as I recalled.

I remember this on Fox Kids as well. and I also remember I didn't like the ending. It seemed rushed as if the money ran out and they had to quickly cob together a hokey ending that was just pure cheese. Pass. :roll:

These guys always seem to create quality releases for me so I might check it out since I have a few memories of this show. Also noticed on their release list that they have another upcoming Lupin III release for Bye Bye Liberty Crisis. Will be picking that up for sure.

Ah, Monster Rancher brings back memories, i'd love to buy the sub version. Throw in Shinzo too and my Fox Kids anime days would be complete.

Back