DirectToU stores now adding tax

They charge straight away so there shouldn't be an issue.

Question is are they doing it because HMRC etc have caught on to the reshipping or what's more likely in order to gouge an extra 20% in profits from UK sales...

No extra charges on Secondspin at least.

Last edited:
Did a test on wow. Anything under £15 no 20% added, anything over £15 20% added.

I also tried putting in my country as US with a random postcode, then clicked on payment with PayPal. The screen showed it was being shipped to my address with no 20% being added right up to the confirm order stage. I didn't click on confirm just in case but might be worth a try.

Well that truly sucks. Looks like I'll have to find an alternative for any future Viz and Discotek releases.

I also tried putting in my country as US with a random postcode, then clicked on payment with PayPal. The screen showed it was being shipped to my address with no 20% being added right up to the confirm order stage. I didn't click on confirm just in case but might be worth a try.
Has anyone actually tried this yet?

Has anyone actually tried this yet?

Ha, that actually works.

4YwvfU3.png

It auto-corrects the shipping to the correct international price, but doesn't add the 20%.

Hmm might be worth attempting at some point, there's a few Viz and Discotek titles I want to obtain eventually.

Ha, that actually works.

4YwvfU3.png

It auto-corrects the shipping to the correct international price, but doesn't add the 20%.
On WOWHD, it displays the price without VAT right up until you click Pay Now on Paypal, but after clicking it, you're charged the full price including 20% VAT, which is reflected on the order confirmation when Paypal returns you to WOWHD.

Back