Desert punk (Sunabouzu)

Roadie

School Idol
Genres: Adventure, Comedy, Science Fiction, Shounen

Age rating: Mature (May contain sex, drugs, and extreme graphic violence)

Plot Summary: In the future, Japan is a wasteland. In the Great Kanto Desert, scattered humans eke out a living in the hot sand. Among them, a short-statued man they call "Sunabozu" makes a living as a bounty hunter. Like a demon of the sand, he seems unbeatable. Yet, like all men, he has a particular weakness for the opposite sex...

Information taken from anime news network, anyone watched this series? I think its great, never heard of it before and I just came across it and found a hidden gem if you will. As for a bounty hunter, that is incorrect, he is a "Handyman" and will do anything for the right price. Basically the anime flows him around the desert as he does odd jobs within the constant struggle for survival in the desert.

Bought the boxset and it is a Gonzo show through and through. Nice idea great few episodes, but ran out of steam after about the 2nd DVD. Same jokes, no real progression of either plot or characters.
Its not bad, its just not good either.

Just finished watching it last night, I thought the series was great, at least until the last 4 episodes. It had to potential to make a good series great but they went and made a cheap and boring ending, with no real conclusion.

I actually quite liked this even though the tit jokes started to great after a while, not sure how much of that was just the style of the dub replacing some japanese running joke. I really must sit back down and watch the sub as the little I have watched subbed seems better.

Back